Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

"Cold" is below 60.

Scratch that. "Cold" is freezing and below. Between 33 and 60, it's chilly (though that's negotiable, depending on humidity and wind. 34 with freezing drizzle is cold). Between 60 and 78 is comfortable (again, negotiable depending on humidity). 78 and above is hot.

"Cold" is below 60.

Scratch that. "Cold" is freezing and below. Between 33 and 60, it's chilly (though that's negotiable, depending on humidity and wind. 34 with freezing drizzle is cold). Between 60 and 78 is comfortable (again, negotiable depending on humidity). 78 and above is hot.

I would agree with that for the most part. I'd cut comfortable off at around 70, and call 70-78 warm. I'd also probably drop the start of comfortable down to 55 or so. :)

And then stickiness encourages keeping one's distance.

nahh, it's all about finding a good balance.

And keeping air circulation going with fans.

Tho, truthfully, even tho we're poly, for the most part I just like to appreciate the scenery.

That, and sitting around playing Zombies by blacklight with 4 hawt naked women boosted my Geek Cred through the ceiling :D

The perfect day, as far as I'm concerned:

70 degrees.

Nice cool breeze coming in from the mountains.

Not a cloud in the sky.

Perfect. :cool:

I could live with that. :)

Though I would be happier with the same temp, same cool breeze, but with a nice overcast. :thumbup:

Driving back to the construction camp from a night in Atyrau we pulled the car over once we'd gone some 50kM and just looked at the stars.

With no nearby lights for two horizons, the sky is filled with light. Hundreds of big bright stars, thousands of small ones and billions of tiny ones. The Universe had come out to say "Hi, what's up?"

I spent some 20 minutes lying on the hood/bonnet of the Pajero looking at the universe while my driver sat inside adding another line to his comments on expats and how wierd we are.

Star watching like that eases my soul like nothing else I've ever done.

Driving back to the construction camp from a night in Atyrau we pulled the car over once we'd gone some 50kM and just looked at the stars.

With no nearby lights for two horizons, the sky is filled with light. Hundreds of big bright stars, thousands of small ones and billions of tiny ones. The Universe had come out to say "Hi, what's up?"

I spent some 20 minutes lying on the hood/bonnet of the Pajero looking at the universe while my driver sat inside adding another line to his comments on expats and how wierd we are.

Star watching like that eases my soul like nothing else I've ever done.

Yeah, Somalia was like that - literally no light sources for maybe a hundred miles. Best star gazing ever. :sigh:

Yeah. I'm lucky if I can see the Big Dipper at night there is so much light pollution around here.

Yea. I'm from close to your area, though from Mt. Tam you can avoid much of the light pollution assuming you weren't in a fog bank. :)

Out here, you can see the milky way even in town. Only a few streetlights, but then up at the sanctuary it's great.

I just got an alert from Amazon.

"You purchased MARVELS by Kurt Busiek, we thought you might like Mark Millar's CIVIL WAR"

That's not stupidity, that's evil.

:no:

How come I can never get anything funny like that (alert wise) from Amazon? :mad: