Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Nah' date=' there are still many places on Earth that I'd like to see. Afterall who wants to go see a barren desert when one can go swimming in the Dead Sea?[/quote']

I wouldn't call that a barren desert. I wouldn't call this a barren desert either, but it is in the Channeled Scablands, which has been directly compared to some areas on Mars that have been through catastrophic flooding.

I wouldn't call that a barren desert. I wouldn't call this a barren desert either' date=' but it is in the Channeled Scablands, which has been directly compared to some areas on Mars that have been through catastrophic flooding.[/quote']

My photo over in Neat pictures of the Fremont River is about 30 miles from the Barsoom picture. And just below the rise is a field of yellow flowers. It's very non-barren.

I wouldn't call that a barren desert. I wouldn't call this a barren desert either' date=' but it is in the Channeled Scablands, which has been directly compared to some areas on Mars that have been through catastrophic flooding.[/quote']

I was thinking more along the lines of one of Australias many deserts like this one: Great Sandy Desert Notice the red dirt. ;):D

The Universal Planetary Profile of Traveler fame.

There were two UPPs...

Universal Personality Profile (recorded stats for characters)

Universal Planetary Profile (recorded basic details for planets)

I found the old booklets not long ago. I could have sworn they got thrown out before the move, but there they were....

I think it was Universal Character Profile in MegaTraveler.

Edit: Nope. UPP there, too.

Ah... never played megatraveller. Just classic traveller. And that only off and on for a few years between other games.

My Dear Boy, I have stayed in five star hotels, here and in England, Thailand and Japan. I just have trouble in unfamiliar beds. Also the chains do have very soft beds.

The soft bed was my only complaint about that Marriott I stayed in this weekend though. For 119.00 a night the service was great and the food was good.

My favorite was the motel I stayed in in Jersey, where the TV remote was bolted to the bedstand, there was no shower curtain, and someone's obviously soiled underwear was still in the closet. I didn't shower, and I slept on top of the covers, but I don't remember anything about how hard the mattress was.

This girl on the cover of the catalog' date=' she seems so happy. I wonder. Was she really happy when they took that picture? Is her life carefree and stable? Or is she just acting? I'd like to think that there are happy people in the world, somewhere.[/quote']

I used to think the whole "Happiness is a decision" was garbage. And then...I just made the decision to be happy. *Shrug* Helps a lot, most of the time.

My potato chips have no preservatives. They must be kept in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge.

Bull tacos. You have to eat the whole bag at one sitting. If it's a big bag, invite folks over and share.

My Dear Boy, I have stayed in five star hotels, here and in England, Thailand and Japan. I just have trouble in unfamiliar beds. Also the chains do have very soft beds.

The soft bed was my only complaint about that Marriott I stayed in this weekend though. For 119.00 a night the service was great and the food was good.

I'd say the Shelbourne in Dublin is the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. It might have helped that we stayed there using points instead of dollars (well, Euros). And the Saddle Room (the restaurant in the lobby) is also quite wonderful. Breakfast in bed the next morning was expensive, but not only worth it, but it ended up being both breakfast and lunch. :)

Breakfunch.

Heh. It was more that we ate our fill of breakfast and then puttered around in the room long enough and had enough food left over from breakfast that we managed to have a good lunch from it as well. 2 Full Irish Breakfasts from the Shelbourne is a LOT of food. :D