Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

...What, I'm not supposed to disagree on compassion not being part of group identity?

It's called "honest confusion". If he's not saying what I think he's saying, I'd like to know what he meant.

I did not say that compassion was part of group identity. If you're interested in what I actually said, re-read the full comment. If not, fair enough.

I did not say that compassion was part of group identity. If you're interested in what I actually said' date=' re-read the full comment. If not, fair enough.[/quote']

...I thought you were still talking about compassion at that point. Which explains the confusion. I'm sorry for getting on your case about it. I *Hate* confusion.

Sorry' date=' I was out of line.[/quote']

Having looked it over again, maybe I was the one being too sensitive.

I had no intention of offending you, and I'm sorry if I did.

Lucius Alexander

I know.

You do seem committed to a palindromedary tagline, though.

Having looked it over again, maybe I was the one being too sensitive.

I had no intention of offending you, and I'm sorry if I did.

Lucius Alexander

...You stole my palindromedary tagline! I shall have my revenge!

...Yesss...When you least suspect it...I'll have stolen...

Your palindromedary tagline!

This is not a palindromedary tagline.

Okay, I'll admit taking the tagline was deliberate....but you took my palindromedary before I took your tagline!

Lucius Alexander

...You stole my palindromedary tagline! I shall have my revenge!

...Yesss...When you least suspect it...I'll have stolen...

Your palindromedary tagline!

This is not a palindromedary tagline.

It is really hard to work in this Starbuck's today for some reason. Maybe it's the ambient folk music. Maybe it's the lesbian couple making out six feet away from me in front of the ground coffee display.

Ambient folk music is my guess. I always work better if I have a lesbian couple making out nearby.

And when was Audie Murphy in a non Western except for the film of his war experiences ?

And when has an obscure Audie Murphy film made in 1962 been the go-to choice when there was an award winning and acclaimed Clint Eastwood movie of the same name in the mix? Definately the 1992 version. The Audie Murphy movie was, well, an Audie Murphy movie. Ergo, it sucked much wind.

And when has an obscure Audie Murphy film made in 1962 been the go-to choice when there was an award winning and acclaimed Clint Eastwood movie of the same name in the mix? Definately the 1992 version. The Audie Murphy movie was' date=' well, an Audie Murphy movie. Ergo, it sucked much wind.[/quote']

You forget that Burt Lancaster was also in said movie and was the main attraction. Therefore it did not suck much wind.

For the Football (American) fans that frequent the boards' date=' go have a look at the Onion's forecast for the teams for the coming season.[/quote']Awesome! This part actually made me laugh till I cried...

Detroit Lions

Detroit-Lions_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg

• Strength: Since they play in the NFC North, this team should get two easy wins when facing the lowly Lions

Awesome! This part actually made me laugh till I cried...

Detroit Lions

Detroit-Lions_jpg_600x1000_q85.jpg

• Strength: Since they play in the NFC North, this team should get two easy wins when facing the lowly Lions

My favorite was "With the loss of Brian Westbrook, the Eagles have a major hole at starting knee injury and concussion."