Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Keep in mind also that Springsteen wrote more hit songs than he actually performed. His songwriting ability is what actually put him on the map' date=' before he had any real success performing.[/quote']

For instance, "Because the Night," Patti Smith single.

JG

OK, I'm going to go on record with this. I know I'm committing heresy by saying this, but Bruce Springsteen is the most over-rated singer/songwriter ever, and he always has been. Seriously, I just can't see what people like about him or his music.

The stoning may now commence.

It should comeas no surprise to you that the Tribble is a Springsteen fan. Even now I am bringng tankers and conveyor ships with the finest stone that I can use launched from Trebauchets at you.

THANK YOU! I've been of this opinion for years' date=' and I even brought him up specifically in a discussion of over-rated musical acts once. Of course I was soundly overruled, but I knew there had to be [i']somebody [/i]out there that felt the same way!

Heretic. You also are on the list. And you. Born in the USA. You were Born in the USA, now.

The Chopin Prelude that Bazza posted sure takes me back to my youth. I had just discovered classical music, and I enjoyed it a lot more than contemporary music. Chopin is one of my favorite composers. Listening to the piece gave me flashbacks.

I guess I'm just getting sentimental in my old age.

I was thinking of whether to post that or not, so I'm happy now i did. Hope you liked the linked picture which comes from a book The Elements of Music. From this link (http://www.woodenbooks.com/browse/index.php) click the icon of the book to read.

Did you turn off your spam filter for some reason? Or did a piece of malware do it for you?

No to the first, and all my malware sweeps are coming up clean. Hopefully, it was nothing more harmful than a spam site getting my e-mail address. G-mail is pretty good at catching the spam - it's just rather alarming to see my normal daily spam folder go up to 15-20 pieces caught daily as opposed to the normal 2-5.

Are you sure your wife isn't trying to tell you something?

Let's put it like this: she's not the kind of lady who would do something passive-aggressive like put me on a mailing list. She'd buy the pills and pumps, herself, along with instructions on their use, and leave it all in a nice, big clearly-labeled box, on my desk. At work.