Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Oh, I intend to. I have enough in redundancy to stay out of work for 2 years starting 1st September.

Time to sit back and enjoy the roses.

Enjoy your mini-retirement. :) Hopefully the economy has recovered by the time you decide to attempt to re-enter the workforce.

I knew there was a reason I never became a masked vigilante!

"Kryptonite wasn't easy to synthesize, Clark. It took years... cost a small fortune... luckily I had both."

Every few years' date=' I start listening to Top 40 radio again. I get really into it. I find some great new songs, some fun new artists. I buy a bunch of MP3s, and I listen to them a lot. I like pop music; it's catchy and bouncy and fun and new. But after a while, I remember why I stopped listening to Top 40 -- because they play the same 40 songs over and over again. That's why it's called Top 40. So I get bored and stop listening for a year or two. And then I happen to catch some fun pop tune somewhere, and it draws me back in.[/quote']

Agreed. I tend to find "new" artists about a year or so after they hit because I only listen to pop radio very rarely. But i almost always find a few new songs to enjoy.

And all I could think was "283 different breast models??" :nonp: That seems like a lot.

As someone who used to maintain and use a (different) breast model, if you have that many models, you need ot gather them all into a single code and make clear enumeration of all the input parameters, and think clearly about how to use those.

The reason I stopped telling people I majored in astronomy was because those who didn't ask for their horoscopes asked when I was going to fly on the space shuttle.

I simply got tired of the pervasive reaction line: "Gee that must be interesting." with the most emphatic end-of-sentence-end-of-conversation stop there.

At one point (waiting for a haircut) rather than saying I was an astronomy grad student I said I was a writer. One woman asked what I wrote, to which I replied "Right now I'm paying the billed with pronographic novels."

I simply got tired of the pervasive reaction line: "Gee that must be interesting." with the most emphatic end-of-sentence-end-of-conversation stop there.

At one point (waiting for a haircut) rather than saying I was an astronomy grad student I said I was a writer. One woman asked what I wrote, to which I replied "Right now I'm paying the billed with pronographic novels."

:rockon:

Been there done that. I double-majored in CS and physics.

Well played.

My old man fell today. Had to get emergency response to get him up and the ER doctor sent him to another hospital for overnight observation. Depending on what the docs say this may change whether I can go to GenCon or not...

I hope he's okay. I'll pray he recovers quickly.

Did you actually say "pron...", or was that a typo?

Did you actually say "pron..."' date=' or was that a typo?[/quote']

There's multiple typos in that post. That incident happened back in 1984 or 1985, well before that meme got started.