Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I think ChuckG needs to learn common courtesy and some social skills. However, I hope the temporary ban is lifted sooner rather than later despite that. Frankly, maybe I missed some posts, but the line he crossed is kind of hard for me to pin down and I dislike ambiguity. I'm not saying it wasn't just... and that "I'm not here to be nice" comment sort of sums up what I think is wrong with the world. It's a cop out for being cruel or callous, much like "Life isn't fair" is too often used as a reason for one's own unfair actions.

That said, I don't know if a ban is or was the way to handle it. Since I'm not exactly glowing with options though, I can't say I have a better idea.

Maybe ChuckG will come back a bit more humble, but somehow I think all it will do is make him bitter and maybe lose DoJ a customer. Mind you, that's hardly going to break the bank, but ...*Shrug*

Well, several people tried talkin' to him about his behavior, some of whome weren't involved in the argument. Like me. :) He argued with me why he was justified in bein' rude.

Personally, while I'm not big on banning people, I don't really see where there was much choice. :(

Well, several people tried talkin' to him about his behavior, some of whome weren't involved in the argument. Like me. :) He argued with me why he was justified in bein' rude.

Personally, while I'm not big on banning people, I don't really see where there was much choice. :(

Yeah, I read your attempt. It was a nice try. Sorry he didn't have the sense to listen to you. :(

When ChuckG is civil, he can actually be a source of good ideas.

Yeah, I read your attempt. It was a nice try. Sorry he didn't have the sense to listen to you. :(

When ChuckG is civil, he can actually be a source of good ideas.

Ya see, there's the problem with his behavior. I've gotten to where if I see him posting, I generally don't read it just because of his behavior, so I don't see the good stuff. The only reason I caught in that thread was I happened to notice nexus posting a good bye message.

One problem with communicating via internet is that, for some people, it means they don't have to behave as they would in face to face conversations. Politeness on the 'net is generally a self policing kinda thing, and some people seem to take the anonymity and distance as license to be as rude as they want to be simply because they can. :(

I actually agreed with his initial opinion about goodbye/suicide threads and his initial opinion about Nexus' first few posts on the thread, however he was disgustingly nasty and smug on the thread which seems to be his typical way of posting. I hope he's permanently banned. Who needs him? Please.

I actually agreed with his initial opinion about goodbye/suicide threads and his initial opinion about Nexus' first few posts on the thread' date=' however he was disgustingly nasty and smug on the thread which seems to be his typical way of posting. I hope he's permanently banned. Who needs him? Please.[/quote']

Keep your chin up, Starlord. ;)

Don't want to damage the street when you walk down it. :D

Hey! How's the father in law doing?

Guest Skaramine

Keep your chin up, Starlord. ;)

Don't want to damage the street when you walk down it. :D

Hey! How's the father in law doing?

Kara, not everyone has Kryptonian neck muscles like your cousin. :whistle:

Suuuuuurrrrre. Go for the EASY chin jokes, people. C'mon, can't ya get a LITTLE more clever? My chin isn't REALLY that big. Remember, it's just a pic of my face and they say the camera adds ten pounds. Yeah, that's it!

Oh, nevermind. :tonguewav

PS: F-I-L is doing well, but very weak. Of course, that's to be expected when you have your chest ripped open ala John Hurt in Alien.

Guest Skaramine

Suuuuuurrrrre. Go for the EASY chin jokes' date=' people. C'mon, can't ya get a LITTLE more clever? My chin isn't REALLY that big. Remember, it's just a pic of my face and they say the camera adds ten pounds. Yeah, that's it![/quote']

In your case... kilograms. ;) We kid because we love you. I kid because... nah. Too cheap a shot.

Oh' date=' nevermind. :tonguewav[/quote']

You just rock, Starlord. Thanks for being so damn cool.

PS: F-I-L is doing well' date=' but very weak. Of course, that's to be expected when you have your chest ripped open ala John Hurt in Alien.[/quote']

I'm glad to hear. Let him know that your extended family here at Hero Games are rooting for him to pull through.

Guest Worldmaker

Okay' date=' if you hadn't read the original thread, then why the hell were you here automatically feeling all sorry for nexus without knowing whether or not he had any legitimate complaint??[/quote']

Because Kim doesn't have a history of posting antagonistic, condescending, and insulting responses, and Chuck does. Because Kim has in the past repeatedly stated that he was quitting this or that thread because of the ill-feelings that the thread had generated, and Chuck has a history of generating those ill feelings. And because Kim is generally a nice guy, while Chuck generally isn't.

Emma Caulfield should have won an Emmy for her performance in "The Body", an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Specifically she should have won for the scene where she portrays Anya's utter confusion over Joyce Summer's death.

There were several points of BtVS that deserved Emmys.

Emma, Joss' script for "The Body," Sarah Michelle Gellar in the last episode of Season 1 where Buffy told Giles and Angel that she didn't want to die...

Screw Hollywood.

JG

Yeah man, thats real cool.

I was just asked to be my friends best man do you have any tips?

I all ready know the one about not gettin gdrunk and throwing up on the maid of honour.

Well, when we went to my wife's step sister's wedding, the groom threw up on the dance floor and the best man got in a fist fight.

Sadly we had already fled by that time.

I actually agreed with his initial opinion about goodbye/suicide threads and his initial opinion about Nexus' first few posts on the thread' date=' however he was disgustingly nasty and smug on the thread which seems to be his typical way of posting. I hope he's permanently banned. Who needs him? Please.[/quote']

Those were my thoughts as well.

I think ChuckG needs to learn common courtesy and some social skills. However, I hope the temporary ban is lifted sooner rather than later despite that. Frankly, maybe I missed some posts, but the line he crossed is kind of hard for me to pin down and I dislike ambiguity. I'm not saying it wasn't just... and that "I'm not here to be nice" comment sort of sums up what I think is wrong with the world. It's a cop out for being cruel or callous, much like "Life isn't fair" is too often used as a reason for one's own unfair actions.

That said, I don't know if a ban is or was the way to handle it. Since I'm not exactly glowing with options though, I can't say I have a better idea.

Maybe ChuckG will come back a bit more humble, but somehow I think all it will do is make him bitter and maybe lose DoJ a customer. Mind you, that's hardly going to break the bank, but ...*Shrug*

I am amazed that this whole thing took place on the Champions board and not NGD. I agree that ChuckG was looking for trouble and found it. I also agree that I have seen other posters do the same thing with the only result being the thread being shut down. If the only criteria for banning is not being nice, then it is going to get roomy here after a while.