Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I think it would look like a mix of Guzalot and Worldmaker's avatars.

And its things like this that make me less and less caring of what you all think of me, and why I am less and less hesitant to just totally drop with both feet on people who decide that its a good thing to start shit with me.

I've long since realized (and the "Envy" and "Complement" threads have definitely proven...) that I am respected on these boards for basically two things: my cooking skills and the GGU. And even with the latter there are people who don't respect me. So, if I'm not going to be respected, why should I try to get you to respect me?

I haven't started a fight on these boards in months, by the way. Not that anyone's noticed. And if people like Guzalot want to start throwing insults my way, I see no reason not to make them pay for it.

And its things like this that make me less and less caring of what you all think of me, and why I am less and less hesitant to just totally drop with both feet on people who decide that its a good thing to start shit with me.

I've long since realized (and the "Envy" and "Complement" threads have definitely proven...) that I am respected on these boards for basically two things: my cooking skills and the GGU. And even with the latter there are people who don't respect me. So, if I'm not going to be respected, why should I try to get you to respect me?

I haven't started a fight on these boards in months, by the way. Not that anyone's noticed. And if people like Guzalot want to start throwing insults my way, I see no reason not to make them pay for it.

I apologize (again). I wasn't saying you STARTED it.

JG

I avoid the compliment and envy threads for a reason. People are just inflating their post count, and while I do expect some people to know me enough to be able to compliment me or be envious about me in some regard, I know by posting there I risk getting someone who doesn't know me enough and will post something stupid.

Now, that said, I do not feel you are correct in your statement that you are respected for your cooking and GGU only. Those are the two most obvious things about you Worldmaker. So people looking for post count are going to likely hit one of the two tips of the iceberg (lettuce?). But that certainly doesn't mean those are the only things you are respected for.

I, for one, do respect you for the time and energy you put into GGU. I also envy your cooking skills and appreciate your threads on cooking advice that have helped on occasions with me. Heck, I'm now cooking fish on a twice a week basis indirectly because of them. I also admire your love for you son and your wife which display by posting about them in Thread for Random Musing.

I also value and respect your input on several discussions we have had before. Most of the time we are coming from the same area, other times we don't. But I definitely respect your opinion and insight. The most recent examble of us disagreeing was on handgun control. I disagree with your position but you have provided a perspective in a way I have not previously seen which allows me to better see the handgun debate as a whole instead of a partial observation. I can't even tell you who else was in that thread besides you, me and Skaramine.

Another surprising level of respect I have for you, Worldmaker, is the fact that on the surface you look like you and Thrak are mortal enemies but I know that in person, you are both friends. I have never been able to have discussions as heated as you have been in and not think of it personal on some level.

But the fact of the matter is, respect is not something easy to put into words. And many of us here, just don't try to state these things. But that doesn't mean they don't exist. I also know definitely that I am not the only one who feels this way about you.

Cooking and GGU are where your most visible accomplishments of late have been/are, just because those are selected has nothing to do with some perceived lack of respect.

This is really a bit silly, just because people are going to comment on a posting war you're in with someone, something in and of itself a not uncommon event, has nothing to do, in and of itself, with whether they respect you.

Another surprising level of respect I have for you' date=' Worldmaker, is the fact that on the surface you look like you and Thrak are mortal enemies but I know that in person, you are both friends. I have never been able to have discussions as heated as you have been in and not think of it personal on some level.[/quote']

For the record, I have tremendous respect for Worldmaker, and not just for his cooking skills or GGU activities. I consider him a good friend, and hopefully will for a long time.

And yes, all this despite occasionally wanting to give him a good swift kick in the pills - half the time because he's totally wrong and won't see it and the other half because he's right and I don't like it. :nonp:

I get this e-mail from "Rachel"' date=' so I start thinking, "hmmm, I can't remember, does Rachel have my e-mail address?" and it starts out "I'm working late," and I'm thinking "huh, so?" then it descends into the usual spam. I hate when spam is good enough to hit a name you know and then start out reasonably enough to at least warrant reading.[/quote']"Cranky" thread:tsk:

Kidding :)

But. what if.. Rachel is in league with the spammers!:shock: [dramatic strings]

Guest Worldmaker

For the record, I have tremendous respect for Worldmaker, and not just for his cooking skills or GGU activities. I consider him a good friend, and hopefully will for a long time.

And yes, all this despite occasionally wanting to give him a good swift kick in the pills - half the time because he's totally wrong and won't see it and the other half because he's right and I don't like it. :nonp:

For my part, Thrakazog remains one of the few people in the world I am willing to kill or die for, should the need arises. All he needs is to pick up the phone and say "Jack, I need your help" and I'll be there at his door willing to do anything he wants me to do as quickly as I can make the trip.

For my part' date=' Thrakazog remains one of the few people in the world I am willing to kill or die for, should the need arises. All he needs is to pick up the phone and say "Jack, I need your help" and I'll be there at his door willing to do anything he wants me to do as quickly as I can make the trip.[/quote']

How did you guys meet? And unless it's too personal, how did you end up becoming such good friends?

How did you guys meet? And unless it's too personal' date=' how did you end up becoming such good friends?[/quote']

My first contact with Jack was an email I sent him asking if I could get into the GG Toronto campaign, way back when the GGU consisted of two campaigns (Austin and London) and was expanding to four (adding Toronto and Chiba City), I believe.

Worldmaker,

I have nothing against you. And I know for a fact that I'm not reading every thread that you post to, so I have no way of knowing what you have been going through.

With that in mind, it does seem that you quite frequently blow up at someone because of some innoculous comment they've made. And I use the word SEEM because you might just be justified in your anger, and it might be in response to things in other threads that I'm not privy to. But if there are times when your anger isn't justified...

At times I worry about what carrying all that anger will do to you in the long run. At times I get sick of seeing you angry again. And sometimes I want to lash out at you because of it.

Today, I'm not going to lash out.

Today, I'm remembering a small boy who was taunted by the other kids because they thought it was funny to see him get angry and to see the teacher punish him for defending himself against their attacks. And I remember how, when he stopped reacting to their taunts, they lost interest and left him alone.

I've found it easier to live without the anger.

Doc

Guest Skaramine

For my part' date=' Thrakazog remains one of the few people in the world I am willing to kill or die for, should the need arises. All he needs is to pick up the phone and say "Jack, I need your help" and I'll be there at his door willing to do anything he wants me to do as quickly as I can make the trip.[/quote']

I'm sorry one of our most recent brawls was over thinking you were aberrantly attacking the Thrak. Not only is he your best friend, but he's like, a polymorphic squid god... so, like, he needs me jumpin' in? :idjit::stupid:

Well, it seems that next week or so, there's gonna be a pre-release for the next set of Magic cards, which means lots of buyers in one place.

Which hopefully means I can find buyers for MY cards as well... wouldn't that be nice!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

... I have one single Magic card. I found it in the parking lot at work the other day, when I was going home for lunch. I picked it up, but I'm not sure why I kept it ...

My first contact with Jack was an email I sent him asking if I could get into the GG Toronto campaign' date=' way back when the GGU consisted of two campaigns (Austin and London) and was expanding to four (adding Toronto and Chiba City), I believe.[/quote']

Hmmmm, I thought your first try was in Chiba? :think: I keep forgettin' that I've actually been in GG longer than most. lol And Rachel still doesn't really accept that she's one of the old timers there. :winkgrin:

Jack an' John are both good eggs, in my book. I just ignore when they start talkin' politics. :D

Hmmmm, I thought your first try was in Chiba? :think: I keep forgettin' that I've actually been in GG longer than most. lol And Rachel still doesn't really accept that she's one of the old timers there. :winkgrin:

Jack an' John are both good eggs, in my book. I just ignore when they start talkin' politics. :D

Like you ignore me when I start talkin'....

it makes me sad.

... I have one single Magic card. I found it in the parking lot at work the other day' date=' when I was going home for lunch. I picked it up, but I'm not sure why I kept it ...[/quote']

Now I'm curious... which one is it? (I just got the latest SCRYE and can always see if it's worth anything)

The guy who bought some of my cards the other day might be buying some more. If he'd had the cash available, he'd have bought everything I had all in one go, but doesn't have that much dosh, apparently. Oh well.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Now I'm curious... which one is it? (I just got the latest SCRYE and can always see if it's worth anything)

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

It says Fissure. That's all it says.

Oh, in teeny tiny little print that I had to take my glasses off to read it says it destroys one monster with the smallest ATK. Prolly not worth much at all.

Hmmmm' date=' I thought your first try was in Chiba? :think: [/quote']

You're absolutely right. I remember now - I did apply to Chiba City first. The website said that Toronto was already filled. You replied that you were also through setting a team, and so I was told to lurk. I submitted Pharaoh to Chiba and Stone to Toronto and just before Toronto started up they had a player loss, and I was in.

Good times. :sigh:

It says Fissure. That's all it says.

Oh, in teeny tiny little print that I had to take my glasses off to read it says it destroys one monster with the smallest ATK. Prolly not worth much at all.

You sure it's a Magic card? The only card I know called "Fissure" is a red card with a quote by Plato on it, but its text says "Destroy target creatre or land."

Hmmm...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko