Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

They do this to us every 1st Quarter. They over guess how many calls we will get, ramp up our employees and then cut hours. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact I'm on a shoestring budget.

Which reminds me, I really need to find out EXACTLY when my last car payment is due so I can start a count down.

They do this to us every 1st Quarter. They over guess how many calls we will get, ramp up our employees and then cut hours. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact I'm on a shoestring budget.

Which reminds me, I really need to find out EXACTLY when my last car payment is due so I can start a count down.

Just roughly, how long is it? That's a good feeling (I don't drive, but I do participate de facto in car payments, which fortunately we've not had for a while).

Little shit actually had the nerve to call me a short order cook.

But then, what do I expect from a glorified guidance counselor.

Maybe it was a lesson in humility?

Run awaaaaaaaaaaaaay! (really I am joking, sorry to hear it but if he's just a "glorified guidance counselor" screw him, eh? You've got the job, so you're gold!)

(snip)

My palm pilot needs AAA batteries but I can't afford to get some. I could use The Ultimate Vehicle but I can't afford that. I watch my roommates (who incidently are on WIC and get Medicaid) eat out on a regular basis.

(snip)

You're entitled to a rant, been there all right, especially when we lived in Charleston.

As to the roommates/WIC thing, man, I've seen it (not in roommates though) and that really pisses me off - not begrudging those people the amount as such, but the disparity between the working poor and non-working poor is blatantly unfair. I remember a couple that I knew well that couldn't "afford" to work because if they got too low-paying a job or part-time work, they'd lose needed medical benefits. So they were de facto discouraged from working.

we finally finished watching all the DVDs last night.

THey settled it...

I HATE FOX ENTERTAINMENT! THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY INSANE and/or STUPID.

The reason is simple: Fox aired them out of order. The order in which they are presented on the DVD is the correct order. You can tell this is so, because later episodes reference things that, if you are watching the episodes in the order they are presented on the DVD, you've already seen.

As opposed to the broadcast, where references were made to things that, according to the order in which the eps were broadcast, hadn't happened yet.

I havn't seen a telephone pole in' date=' well, I don't remember when. I havn't seen a pager either. Encylopedia salesmen aren't walking the streets anymore. And I can't find Looney Tunes on TV anymore. What is going on here!? :nonp:[/quote']

A while back I noticed that there aren't phonebooths outside of gas stations anymore, because a) they get robbed, and B) everyone uses cell phones now anyway.

As for Looney Tunes, try Turner Classic Movies.

JG