Origin suggestions needed ASAP

Tech

I've created a supergirl-type character for a superteam. I like the origin where the world she' from has blown up, essentially because the past is completely severed - there's no world to go back to, but other ideas would be accepted. I've seen characters from other worlds where once they find the way back, they logically left to go back home. I don't want that happening. The thing is: I need her origin by this Friday! :doi: Could everyone throw origins, origin plot ideas or simply suggestions.

Re: Origin suggestions needed ASAP

Hmmm some simple, variations on a theme

Alien royalty exiled and hunted by assassins following a civil war.

She is from a alternate earth where humans developed super powers in the dark ages and by now everyone has super powers but that lead to the eventual destruction of the planet and her being sent here as a refugee one of eth few surviving children of this once proud earth.

Her world has not been destroyed but is held in limbo/has a dangerous disease she was the only one off planet when it happened or there where a few but they have headed off in other directions looking for information.

Somewhere on earth are the clues she needs to restore it but first she needs allies and information what better way than joining a super team.

She thinks she’s the last surviving member of an alien species but in fact she’s human vat grown by a shadowy conspiracy using stolen alien technology the lab was destroyed and she was raised by staff from the project who claim to have found her after hers spaceship crashed.

She is a magical creation wished into being by a small boy (who always seems to be getting into danger) obsessed with a similar character in the comics whilst she believes her powers to be from her alien origin they are infact magical and she is a disguised minor djinn. The spell also made evryone belive she was his adopted sister or some such.

Guest Witch Doctor

She is the very last human being (suitably evolved) to ever live in a certain timeline (whether that's due to the species just dying out or some cosmological disastor or whatever) and has left her planet using an experimental FTL cobbled together from ancient relics, but the FTL goes wrong hurling her back through time and bringing her to an alien planet (which she doesn't know is the home planet of her species - earth).

I think you have a golden opportunity here. When she goes to head back, have the rest of the party follow her. The gateway breaksdown (damn it, not again!) and now you have an entire new background for your game.

Eventually the heroes will fix the gateway and...

Escape from the Alien Planet

Variation on a theme.

She is from an alien world, the world has been destroyed - but she doesn't know that yet. Sometime after she left to explore (or was exiled, or hurtled across the universe by some experiment gone awry) the sun went Supernova and destroyed the solar system. While the goal of the character is to get home, there is no home to go to. Thus if home, or the chunk of space that used to be home, is found there's nothing left.

Guest Veavitdpoh

Reverse jockstrap theory:

1950, aliens come to earth and kidnap human baby.

1960, aliens return with baby to alien homeworld to do experiments and stuff. Only a few weeks have passed for the aliens thanks to relativity.

1990, baby is all grown up - but believes is alien, has alien upbringing, family, has developed alien powers, so on and so forth. Big Alien Disaster Strikes! "Parents" force "alien" onto spaceship and set for planet earth.

2000, "alien" returns to earth. Again, only a few weeks pass for him/her.

Wacky hijinks ensue as el stranger in el strange land tries to make it in human civilization and find a way back home. Just as the goal seems achievable - the portal is nearly complete, the spaceship is ready for launch - 1950's parents show up wailing and crying to accept their estranged child... one of whom, of course, bears a startling resemblance to said grown-up PC.

...OR...

Clark Kent grows up in Smallville with superpowers, becomes Superman. Suddenly one day Jor-El shows up, says "It's time to come home" - and the big ol' alien roach in Clark Kent's spine providing all his powers and memories pops out and departs, leaving Clark Kent substantially weaker and saying "shit, I really AM a human".

Second twist: same thing, but then it turns out Clark Kent is an alien after all, and was just playing host to a second alien. Of course, he doesn't realize this for a while...

I love screwing with cliches. }:D

Major villain a la Dr Doom creates a microverse in a lab/finds way into different dimension and starts life on uninhabited barren planet.

Wants to create a super soldier or paranorm that they can mould.

Accelerating development in the microverse/on the created planet causes instability but master villain preses on.

End result the super that they wanted but the experiment implodes/explodes.

Whether anyone intervened to cause the implosion/explosion is up to you.

Perhaps she's from another world with a Human-like sentient species, but:

1) Her planet was overrun by alien invaders, and she's the only one to escape to Earth.

2) She committed some crime on her homeworld (it could be something like openly criticizing the Emperor or even something as simple as petting a dog in public) and is in exile, either as a sentence or as a fugitive.

3) Her people's laws require that every person of her particular social class travel to a backwater world and serve its people as a hero for a minimum period of time (say, ten years).

That's what I can think of right offhand.

I've created a supergirl-type character for a superteam. I like the origin where the world she' from has blown up' date=' essentially because the past is completely severed - there's no world to go back to, but other ideas would be accepted. I've seen characters from other worlds where once they find the way back, they logically left to go back home. I don't want that happening. The thing is: I need her origin by this Friday! :doi: Could everyone throw origins, origin plot ideas or simply suggestions.[/quote']

"Supergirl" looks and acts and thinks of herself as human because she was raised among humans; when Ma and Pa "Kent" found the rocket, it contained an amorphous mass of undifferentiated potential. The moment they opened the container, she imprinted on them, and became a human (well, a SUPERhuman) for all practical purposes. If she went back to her homeworld, they'd consider her a disgusting alien....

She was part of an alien super soldier program and eventually categorized as an illegal WMD. All the super soldiers were rounded up and ejected into space in garbage capsules when the world, finally, after much struggle advanced into a peaceful society.

So she's basically considered a horror on her world, a tool for destruction, and even in her own mind she's a terrible thing. So she struggles to prove (mostly to herself) that she can do good.

I've created a supergirl-type character for a superteam. I like the origin where the world she' from has blown up' date=' essentially because the past is completely severed - there's no world to go back to, but other ideas would be accepted. I've seen characters from other worlds where once they find the way back, they logically left to go back home. I don't want that happening. The thing is: I need her origin by this Friday! :doi: Could everyone throw origins, origin plot ideas or simply suggestions.[/quote']

I'll tell you the origin of my present powergirl character. There is no problem if you want to use it.

She had a trip to mexico to visit some aztec buildings and temples. Inside a temple she found a secret chamber (really somebody let her found it?;) ). After walking few meters she found a blue energy sphere and suddenly had the desire of touch it. As soon as she touched it she knew that it is an old artifact left by an alien race to give power to the old humankind because there is another alien race who wants to conquer the earth. There are more "seads" around the world and alltogether will fight some day against the invasors. The "sead" she found is the only who can feel the presence of another "sead" if they are near, maybe because she will be the leader ;).

It is not necesary that every "sead" have the same power. It will be a team so it is right if you or your GM think in different characters/powers.

Also, only metahumans can "find" the seads. It makes the character more variable about powers. For example my character's sead only gives higher characteristics (STR, CON, BODY, EGO, etc.) + Flight and at the same time she is a metahuman with ice powers. It was built with 100+150 points 4th edition rules and the sheet you can find here:

http://www.heroicpub.com/characters/charsheet.asp?Name=Dark+Moon

(sorry for my bad english) :angel:

I've always liked the "last survivor of a race gains great power" idea. It's popped up in, of all places, D&D (Dark Sun, "paragon" template). Perhaps she's the last child born to an alien race that looks human -- she's the last child that can be born. There might be a few of her kind, ancient and dying, still left around. But as the campaign goes on, they die off. And as each one dies, she gets a little more powerful...

And of course she had to be sent to Earth -- she'd be all alone on her dead homeworld, and it's the only place she has any hope of finding a mate.

Varation of already mentioned theme.

The year is 2004. Earth has finally achieved Utopia. Truely, a world of The Future. (If you can, find an old 50s or 60s comic book talking about life in the 21st century) There, everyone is effectively superhuman compared with the counterparts of long ago. Sure it was a hard road at first, but surprisingly easy when everyone is a supergirl or superboy and invunerable to all but the most deadliest and difficult to build weapons.

Then, the unthinkable happen, somebody builds a time machine to rule in the past (say WWII) and, without thinking, Supergirl follows him into the past, grabbing a time belt at the last second. She finally defeats him and activates her time machine in her belt to return her and the evil villian back home....

to the year 2004....

Wait a minute. This isn't Utopia... These ugly square buildings, these polluting cars, the overcrowded sickly people just what sort of backwater place did I end up?

Figure out random dates for important things that would have happened to develop Utopia, but ultimately failed. "Mars Colony?" "The Lunar Base?" "The Orbiting Space City?"

I read a book once call Virus Clans. The premise was that an intelligent virus evolved on another planet billions of years ago. They shaped the evolution of other species on their world to create a host species that would allow them to do all the things that viruses can't do. They had a sort of collective consciousness, and they were trying to evolve into the perfect communal organism by infecting the other species and willfully altering their DNA. Once that planet was destroyed the virus can to Earth on a comet. They shaped the evolution of the human race here. I though it was a clever idea.

Anyway, what if a similar viral intelligence left a destroyed planet millions of years ago. It comes to Earth on a meteor fragment and survives the voyage. You heroine is exposed to the fragment and infected. The virus undertakes a rapid evolution of her normal human form into a superwoman. It also subtly overwrites portions of her consciousness. However, the virus mutates so that it cannot infect others, frustating its plan to hyper-evolve the whole human race through infection. This virus colony is the last survivor of its kind, and it must now survive inside the heroine to preserve the race, hoping that it will eventually overcome the mutation and continue its drive to evolutionary perfection. It will act to preserve the Earth and the human race. It needs the heroine and our whole race. There is no going back.

Some plot seeds:

Telios wants the virus for its potential as a mutagen.

The virus will generally not make decisions for the heroine, but it will act for self-preservation and to look for an opportunity to propogate itself. Is it evil? Is it good?

Ok then let's change the story a bit. Before the planet exploids a scientist sends his daughter to the earth in his BIG ARMORED SHIP!

Two decades later the ship joins the earth (did I tell you that the ship is 1km long?) at light speed of course... so it becomes the second impact (remember how dinosours died ;)). When she wakes up she sees what her come did to the earth and she must live with that. A new apocalyptic world, but this time thanks to our hero :D