Arms Fall Off Lad

Doppler

I'll Club You With My Arm! 2d6 Hand-to-Hand Attack, Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4), Hand-to-Hand Attack (-1/2), Requires Two Hands (-1/2), Major Side Effect (arm falls off; -1)

Pull My Finger: +30 PRE, Only For Presence Attacks (-1), Not Vs. Prior Targets (-1), Costs END Only To Activate (-1/4), Major Side Effect (arm falls off; -1)

This Is What I Call Throwing A Punch! 6d6 Energy Blast, Range Based On Strength (-1/4), 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 1/4), Costs END Only To Activate (-1/4), Major Side Effect (arm falls off; -1)

That help?

Re: Arms Fall Off Lad

Oh, yeah, it could have interesting effects on some attacks, especially poisons and the like.

GM: The rattlesnake rolls to strike and . . . it gets you in the ankle.

Player: I detach my leg immediatly, so the poison cant spread through my system.

You might even be able to use a trigger with this, so any attack that could me communicated to the entire body through one limb could be negated using instant amputation.

My sister has a prosthetic arm. She occasionally uses it as a back scratcher. I'm not sure how to write that up though....

Lightray's got some good ideas there...

Can he detach his head? Clairsentience!

Instead of writing up a bunch of Summons, use Duplication. That way the player has complete control over his parts. Wait... oh never mind (why is a Dead Milkman song coming to mind right now?).

Each detachable body part would be it's own character, and the torso part would be the main character (with Physical Lims as you describe).

I had a character that could do that, but he did it with dimensional gates, so that his body parts were still supported by the rest of his body. I just bought it as Stretching, Fully Indirect, plus some Clairsentience (character is subject to effects at that point). Once he checked out an elevator for traps by teleporting his head in -- the knockout gas in it put him to sleep. So his teammates just saw his head disappear, then a few seconds later his body fell over.

My sister has a prosthetic arm. She occasionally uses it as a back scratcher. I'm not sure how to write that up though....

Lightray's got some good ideas there...

Can he detach his head? Clairsentience!

Instead of writing up a bunch of Summons, use Duplication. That way the player has complete control over his parts. Wait... oh never mind (why is a Dead Milkman song coming to mind right now?).

Each detachable body part would be it's own character, and the torso part would be the main character (with Physical Lims as you describe).

I had/have an NPC called Pieces whose head, arms, legs, and torso all act independently, so it's all duplication with many different abilities for each duplicate.

As to Dead Milkmen, I'm not sure which song? Are you sure you're not thinking King Missile and "Detachable Penis"?

• 4 weeks later...

Less of a contribution and more of a bit of rambling,before I turn in, but...

I had a character called Bionica who was a cyborg: basically a human head and torso clad in armour with bionic arms and legs attached. No idea how she got that way, and a bunch of mystery disadvantages.

She winds up confronting this science-villain type. He does a lot of sneering then shouts 'Exhume Artemis' and her armour pops open and ejects her.

Turns out he'd made her in the first place, and had built in some backdoor safety features. Ho hum.

Nasty moment going from armoured bionic powerhouse to limbless human torso. Boy did that villain's ankles get bit... :nonp:

Also once had (in a very silly game) a character who always had one limb or his head invisible, and it changed at random. Few freaky moments there, let me tell you...especially as he couldn't see when his head was invisible as there no visible retinas for the light to fall on, so his normal vision couldn't work!