Character Names

Kajaro

Anyone care to help me name this character?

Dark Champions character whose power is Duplication. The color of his power is that he acts as a splitter in his own timestream.

Imagine everyone having a life path along a time continuum. Then imagine that this character has the power to stand in the center of his and split himself into 4 other simotanious clones.

As a side result from this interruption to his own timestream he ages slower and subsequently has lifesupport aging 200 year lifespan.

A couple names I've had already (besides the already taken XMEN Multiple) are SPLICE and EQUATION.

Thoughts?

Re: Character Names

Originally posted by Kajaro

Anyone care to help me name this character?

Dark Champions character whose power is Duplication. The color of his power is that he acts as a splitter in his own timestream.

Imagine everyone having a life path along a time continuum. Then imagine that this character has the power to stand in the center of his and split himself into 4 other simotanious clones.

As a side result from this interruption to his own timestream he ages slower and subsequently has lifesupport aging 200 year lifespan.

A couple names I've had already (besides the already taken XMEN Multiple) are SPLICE and EQUATION.

Thoughts?

Synergy, Synchronus, Warp...

Thanks for the great feedback. These are great ...

Though I think I missed something explaining this that caused a big kick on the number four. He can split into four other simotaneous clones ... counting himself would be five total beings.

I don't want to discourage feedback and really need the help - just thought I would try to clear it up to see if the number 5 is as magical as 4 has been lately.

Haha, thanks guys.

Echo- cuz he has echos of himself in different... aw, nevermind

Many Me-I call him... Many Me!

Legion (I know it's been used, but in a different context)

Um, Timeclone? No that sucks. Super Captian Dude Guy? Nope.

Eh, Legion is the only one I like of mine. Sorry.

But the concept is cool.

Curious, what does Sine mean and how is it pronounced?

Sin? Sign? Sin-a? Seen?

Pronounced 'sign'. Going on the echo 'angle'; i thought echo = sound = waves = sine waves.

Ever see an oscilliscope? A sine wave is what's usually displayed on the screen of one of those. Usually to indicate sound, or electrical current.

... Dark Champions character whose power is Duplication. The color of his power is that he acts as a splitter in his own timestream.

The concept sounds very similar to a villain from Omega Flight (a villain group in "Alpha Flight"): Flashback, a duplicator whose copies came from his own future. Flashback was royally screwed when somebody killed one of his future clones. He didn't know exactly when his copies came from, but he knew he was going to die very suddenly. Great name though.

Of the names mentioned so far, I really like Re-Run and Fourshadow. (I know you want him to make 4 duplicates, but you could use that name anyway--he has 4 "shadows"--or just give him 3 duplicates instead for the sake of a good name.)

Here are a few more ideas:

Tempus Fugitive (from tempus fugit--"time flies")

Forecast (or Fourcast)

Consequence

Clonesequence (conflation of clone and and consequence, accent on clone so it doesn't sound like "clone sequence")

Tomorrow Man

The Living Ancestor

Quintet (or Quartet)

The One Man Gang

Army of One

Portent

I've had a few duplicating characters: A Million in Juan (villianous duplicator from Puerto Rico) and Doublevais (a French brick, very similar to Deuce in "Champions of the North"). Naming them is the best part.

Imagine the paper doll. Where you have - what appears to be a single cut-out of a paper person but, when cut, unfolds in to many more exact duplicates of the first paper doll.

In the philosophical aspect of this characters powers every living being has a destiny. That destiny is their own path along the time continuum that moves all things forward. This temporal rope, to use this explanation, guides us through infinite.

Now this particular character - for whatever reason - unwinds his own temporal rope ... splits it ... into five (counting himself) completely identical ropes going int he same direction. He exists outside of a time path.

Each duplicated self is actually him from his exact position in time. That being said, each duplicate - or temporal echo - are able to have different experiences than the original. Thus each "rope" could ultimately lead to a different place in inifinite from the originator.

This character learns from the experiences of his four other selves when he pulls the temporal echoes together to form a unity and thus becoming whole again.

As a side result, he has LS: Aging (200 years) since he virtually bursts his own timeline everytime he duplicates. I also took a Character Disad Distinctive Feature (only vs. unusual detection) Temporal Echo Aura. Basically someone with time-esque powers or odd detection senses (like detect life, spirit, soul, etc) would notice my character in perfect clarity where others are blurry (or vice versa).

Does that sound like something philosophically reasonable? Or is this whole thing coming across a bit whacked? Thoughts?

PS I like the name suggestions so far. Thanks everyone ...

Aha!

What about:

Epoch (though I am not sure how it is pronounced)

Def: 1) an event or a time marked by an event that begins a new period or development. 2) an extended period of time usually characterized by a distinctive development or by a memorable series of events. 3) an instant of time or a date selected as a point of reference (as in astronomy)

Thoughts?