My Champions page

GaryB

Re: My Champions page

The artwork I do on my own. Never feel right when I borrow from other people or sources, and then you start getting that mixed-style thing. Needed a uniform look, unfortunately this takes more time to do on my own. ;)

Thinking about adding in some general HERO/Champions stuff in the mix as well.

The artwork I do on my own. Never feel right when I borrow from other people or sources, and then you start getting that mixed-style thing. Needed a uniform look, unfortunately this takes more time to do on my own. ;)

Thinking about adding in some general HERO/Champions stuff in the mix as well.

Humm...I wonder...if OddHat dosen't find a home for The Black Tryangle on his web site...

Anyways, that is something for another time.

Its a great start on a site' date=' very easy to navigate and it has a nice look what with the original art and your font choices. have you got it in the Hero Links section?[/quote']

No link yet, not sure if Ripway (with it's limitations--for being free and all) is going to be it's permanent home. Right now just there to see how it looks.

It is quite good. One thing I'd note is that when switching from the subsection of one aera to a different section, the content of the old section remains, which is a little confusing. For example, go to "Character" under "Rules". Then click on "Characters" under "World" and instead of defaulting to Anova Lovecraft or some splash page it still has the page on "Skill Changes & Notes" and so on. Not a big thing, but since you asked...

Anyway, nice work!

Very nice look, and excellent art.

(Reminds me that I've been putting off transfering my 3 champions sites into one. Putting it off for about two months, ever since I bought a domain name. Note To self: Stop slacking!)

Very Nice.:thumbup: Once the navigational links are working it'll be real easy to get around in there. I freaking love the campaign and I sure wish I could play. Alas, I'll try to steer my GM in your sites direction hoping he'll adopt some of your ideas (I wanna fight me some Nazis, gorrammit!)

I like the site... Looks good. I like the artwork also. I see that you did it all and that is really a good idea. The uniformity of the world gives a real feel to it.

I do have one question though.... What year is it set in? I saw the section on characters and such. Maybe I missed it, but where is the general world stuff??

Besides that .... TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Wow! Thanks folks!

As far as the campaign setting. Set in modern day 'Fiction'. However, if any of you are familiar with the Dark Tower universe and all the books that tie into it, there is a lot of time slipping and alternate worlds. So one world can be a different-same than the next.

Since I have an actual site (other than the free hosting of Ripway which has gone past it's limits for me), I've been working on it there.

Soon I'll show the overall history of the campaign.

The basic premise is the characters are drawn from various points and realities to a single reality due to a yet to be disclosed purpose. In essence, I was able to combine the various backgrounds of my player's background write ups and concepts into a strange twist of plots and then add them into a flowing and living world. The results of which should be interesting. I'll keep you updated! =)

Very nice site. I did have some problems under the "World" links. Unlike the "Rules" links, which kept the sidebar, the "World" links (Characters and Villain Databases) would not let me access the home page or the "Rules" section without continually clicking the back button, which surprised me after I went through several characters. The "Other People" link said page not found. That blue color is just, well, powerful, though many people seem to like it (I'm apparently in the minority here).

Enough of the negative. I like that you have your house rules up and I think the artwork is great! It's nice to see you have room that you're working on different areas to come.

A question about the "Dark Tower" setting though. Is this related to Stephen King's "Tower" series, or is this something regarding Lovecraft? (I ask because I'm familiar with King's "Tower," but not a Lovecraft "Dark Tower," but you have a quote of his and a PC has the Lovecraft name.) Or is this something different altogether?

Definately Steven King's Tower series, though Lovecraft is wonderful and S.K. borrows a lot from him (...a lot!). It just seemed an open enough setting to let in supers and oddly powered people, as well as exotic locations.

Not sure why I went with blue honestly. Just seemed...a thing.