Hero Designer...

Ghost Face

Re: Hero Designer...

I find the program to be quite helpful, and I don't use it nearly as much as some of the people here. I would definitely recommend it, and I think you'll find most people here would, as well. It doesn't appear to have a blank character sheet option, though. On the other hand, there are blank character sheets available on this very web site.

Link to Character Sheets & Hex Maps

I finally ordered one recently, and look forward to be getting my Disc soon (Along with other goodies). It is my hope that HERO Designer will make me stronger, faster, more accurate and reliable when it comes to writing my characters up (Be it for DH or my own campaigns)... sort of like crossing a volvo with a cybernetic puma. :)

After FREd and 5er, I think Hero Designer (both versions) was the best investment I've ever made in 27½ years of role-playing. I can't believe I ever tried to GM without it; I can hardly believe I tried to design PCs and vehicles without it. Worth every penny and then some...

I think it's very useful. I have lots of ideas that run through my head and I have a folder with about a dozen characters I've kept which I created, but haven't used just because I could. I don't utilize all of it (still haven't figured out the template thing) and don't know if you could print out blank sheets (though I'm sure you could with the slightest of tinkerings).

It's also come in handy for me being a GM. In my group, the three players are all new to HERO. Two live together and have their copy, but aren't quite up to par on creating balanced characters. The third doesn't have a clue (she's brand spanking new to HERO, heck superheroes & comics, too). So when it came to start our first game, I just popped onto the computer to create one new character and redid the other two (both had glaring weaknesses to me - one had a 5 OCV, no skill levels, and low attacks, the other had 7 PD/ED with no resistant defenses as her ONLY defense).

Anyway, I think it is worth it. There is a thread somewhere on this board about a new version (3.0) to come out, but I don't know when. If it scheduled to be out in a month or two, you might want to wait. Otherwise, order today! (Or payday.) :)

Not only did Hero Designer clean my windows and scrub my bathtub' date=' but it got me two supermodel girlfriends and a house in the Poconos! Thanks, Hero Designer![/quote']

I just got mine, and already my breath smells minty fresh!

You know how video game combat usually goes faster than tabletop gaming because the rules are automated? It's kind of the same way with HD. You don't have to keep flipping pages in your books (unless you're looking for something really specific in the description) and you don't have to keep re-adding point totals because it does it for you.