Bored with Champions Organizations

Agent X

Guest Keneton

PRIMUS: I still like. They may seem a little boring, but I think that is on purpose. They are tied to the government, and what government organization is flashy?

DEMON: If your bored with these guys, get out of comics. This organization rocks. You can have so much fun with superscience meets super sorcery. Also individual power mad morbanes make for great splinter factions and plots.

RAVEN: Sucks

ARGENT: New and sort of fun so far. ties to AWAD sound cool to me.

VIPER: Still the best. VIPER team one lead by Vipera, aka Lady Viper makes this gang fun in my campaign. Dont focus on the agents, focus on the plot and the wealth of the organization as Viper squeezes with their NCI!

SAT: Sucks

MARS: Those guns are nasty!!!!

DR. DESTROYER's MINIONS: If you dont like these guys, you don't like superheroes!

TERROR INC: Thos guys were straight 8's and I'm glad there gone. Take 10 Dex Giganto with you!!!

more later. . .

:D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by misterdeath

They did a big update of King Cobra in Champions Presents #2. it had King and Queen Cobra, and a bunch of other snake themed people. King Cobra's dementia has progressed, and he believes he's the reincarnation of King Arthur. He's even got Merlin's daughter as Naga, his pet witch.

Things to make you go Hmmmm.

D

hmmm.. I think I will convienently forget all about that. :D

Originally posted by Keneton

I love Raven, but I'm going off on my own a bit with the organization. To me, they are European in sphere of influence, not guady like Viper, and very interested in the status quo.

but I'm curious (respectfully) why you think they suck. Can you elaborate?

In my non-C.U. games, the major organizations are...

-The International Paranormal Intelligence League (I.P.I.L.) An UNTIL-like organization.

- Paranormal Affairs Department (P.A.D.) This is the governemnt branch dedicated to dealing wioth paranormals.

- Paranormal Affairs Tactical Response Initiative Oversight Team (P.A.T.R.I.O.T.) Essentially a PRIMUS clone. They have supers as members, but they are, by and large, human agents with high-tech gizmos to help combat evil metahumans. Think of them as the "super-police". When super-villians are captured and hauled away to jail, PATRIOT agents are on the scene.

-STrategic Assessment and Response Squadron (S.T.A.R.S.).The major reason STARS was founded was to keep IPIL off of US soil. They are under the National Security Agency, and they regard metahumans as terrorists - pray PATRIOT gets to you first.

- KRAKEN. Part Illuminati, part VIPER, part SPECTER, all bad.

-PURITY. The anti-metahuman racists who goes after any and all paranormals, be they mutants, magical or aliens.

-The Midnight Coalition: An informal super-villians union where members contribute resources. Mostly, they use the money to pay for lawyers to help them get out of jail. But the lawyers also give folks the oppoortunity to find and hire super-villians as needed.

-The Dominion: Sort of like PSI, they are mentalists out to conquer the world, only they are far more subtle about it. All mentlaists are regarded either as allier or enemies.

- The Order of Zenith (OZ): The mutants (mutants specifically) who are out to conquer the world by dint of their superiority to "mundane humans". All mutants are invited to join. Those who do not are regarded as enemies ot the cause and treated accordingly.

- VAULT: The super-prisons run by a private company under contract with the P.A.D.

Originally posted by MisterVimes

I've always found Genocide to be a bit derivitive... it always seemed like a Marvel re-tread...

Well, they were. The big two at the time were X-Men and the New Teen Titans... and all the Hero crew were big fans (in fact, Mark Williams did quite a series of poster sized color artwork of X-Men & Titans battling their biggest villains).

Very many of the characters created by these guys were based on those two books in one way or another.

Guest Keneton

Storn:

Concerning the slam on Raven. I never "got" them. They did not seem distinct enough to me form other organizations. Then again I never saw the revamp version discussed after my post and maybe they got cooler with age (like wine!)

I feel more akin to Viper, but to each his own.

:)

BTW: How do I comission you for a character drawing (if you are still doing this)? You can respond to my e-mail if you prefer. Thanks in advance.

If you want an idea of what differentiates Raven from Viper, here's a bit of shorthand. It's not 100% accurate, but it's not a bad start.

Raven = Hellfire Club. Generally laissez-faire capitalists. Old world money. Aristocracy. Manifest Destiny. European. Non combat influence.

Viper = Hydra. Terrorism. Generally Fascist Aims. Military/Paramilitary techniques. American. Combat Influence.

As I said, not 100%, but some idea re: flavour.

Pol.

(CLOWN = Me. Generally anarchist. No money. Geeky Eedjit. Australia. Under the influence.)

Originally posted by Keneton

Storn

BTW: How do I comission you for a character drawing (if you are still doing this)? You can respond to my e-mail if you prefer. Thanks in advance.

And pass up a chance for some self-promotion on public boards? Sheesh, perish the thought.

No, seriously, my website has the info under "Character Commissions". My website is in my sig below.

I still use the following

DEMON: Updated and uses all magical weapons and equipment

Demon is lead by the inner circle who answer to one hidden figure that runs demon totally.

VIPER: Updated and beefed up. Not just you favorite heros punching bag anymore. There is indeed a Supremem Serpent and everyone answers to him.

GENOCIDE: Now the Knights of Geneitic Purity. Much more ctive and dnagerous.

KING COBRA: Changed his name to that of a snake god and is still around and causing problems. Has a host of snakemen working for him and making more all the time

PSI: Use as is from CKC. They have gained a few new enemies.

Until, Primus, SAT(they run the Complex, updated Stronghold) are around as are most villains from CKC

• 5 years later...

Re: Bored with Champions Organizations

PRIMUS: I still like. They may seem a little boring, but I think that is on purpose. They are tied to the government, and what government organization is flashy?

DEMON: If your bored with these guys, get out of comics. This organization rocks. You can have so much fun with superscience meets super sorcery. Also individual power mad morbanes make for great splinter factions and plots.

ARGENT: New and sort of fun so far. ties to AWAD sound cool to me.

VIPER: Still the best. VIPER team one lead by Vipera, aka Lady Viper makes this gang fun in my campaign. Dont focus on the agents, focus on the plot and the wealth of the organization as Viper squeezes with their NCI!

SAT: Sucks

MARS: Those guns are nasty!!!!

DR. DESTROYER's MINIONS: If you dont like these guys, you don't like superheroes!

TERROR INC: Thos guys were straight 8's and I'm glad there gone. Take 10 Dex Giganto with you!!!

more later. . .

straight 8s?

could someone explain the expression straight 8s to me then? thanks

It has to refer to an "average, non-heroic" character would be assumed to have 8s in all the Primary Characteristics. Either the OP was so unimpressed with Terror, Inc. that he felt they were as boring and lacking in challenge as a character with 8s in all their Primary Characteristics, or the actual write up of the agents for Terror, Inc. gave them all 8s in their primary characteristics (which I could see given how the whole group felt like "these are who you train on until you can handle Dr. Destroyer). Can anyone confirm what the characteristics Terror, Inc agents had?

It has to refer to an "average' date=' non-heroic" character would be assumed to have 8s in all the Primary Characteristics. Either the OP was so unimpressed with Terror, Inc. that he felt they were as boring and lacking in challenge as a character with 8s in all their Primary Characteristics, or the actual write up of the agents for Terror, Inc. gave them all 8s in their primary characteristics (which I could see given how the whole group felt like "these are who you train on until you can handle Dr. Destroyer). Can anyone confirm what the characteristics Terror, Inc agents had?[/quote']

In 4th Ed. Classic Enemies:

Agent of Terror Incorporated

STR 10

DEX 14

CON 10

BODY 8

INT 8

EGO 8

COM 8

PD 5

ED 5

SPD 3

REC 4

END 20

STUN 18

I LOVE VOICE. I just haven't used them yet. I had a great idea for VOICE once. I was going to have a Chinese Superteam' date=' the Heroes, and VOICE fight over the Panchen Lama. It was inspired by the Chinese kidnapping of the Panchen Lama and the installation of their own choice of Panchen Lama. I was stunned that the Chinese would so baldly hurt a little boy for their political purposes. Sadly, I had to move away for awhile.[/quote']

VOICE of Doom by Enforcer84

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27274&highlight=VOICE

VOICE List by Captain Liberty

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9273&highlight=VOICE

The Tiger Squad Sourcebook by TheQuestionMan

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59885&highlight=Tiger+Squad

Panchen Lama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panchen_Lama

The Golden Child (1986), Eddie Murphy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Child

Hmmm...

QM