Creative uses for Change Environment

I'm looking for some different, interesting ways to use change environment to cause minor but amusing combat effects, beyond the standard slick-floor and pea-soup-fog. What are some clever tricks you have used or seen used? I'm really more interested in humor value than serious combat effects.

bigdamnhero

"Smoke me a kipper, Skipper - I'll be back for breakfast!"

Re: Creative uses for Change Environment

Cthulhuoid aura: 1" change environment, inflicts 1 point major transform damage (10ap)

Mega Area (+1/4), 0 END (+1/2), Persistant (+1/2), Inherent (+1/4) (25ap)

Always On (-1/2), must be able to perceive source(-1/2) can be overcome with an EGO roll (once per phase) (-1/2)

Total cost 10 points.

Your basic sanity shattering monster. Every phase you are within a half klick of it and can perceive it, you take a point of Transform into "yourself, with a new psyche limit" unless you make an ego roll. Eventually most folk go nuts.

Figure the area is really much more limited than it appears... unless you're dealing with a towering monstrosity, in which case its easy to perceive from a goodly distance. Blocked LOS might save your sanity, at least until it slithers close enough for you to hear... or smell. If you're deaf, blind and have no sense of smell you might be safe... if you're perceiving it by touch, you're probably in bigger trouble already.

Aura of Fear: Penalty to OCV

Avert thine eyes!: Penalties to sight perception (also good for the Shinning Aura)

Cool Breeze: 0STR TK "Wind". This is good for simulating that hero who's cape always seems to be blowing in the wind...even if there isn't one! Also great for blowing away harmful gasses and keeping the air in an area fresh.

SFX:

crazy clown/wizard character can fill up rooms entirely with balloons wich decrease character's perception, cv, and dex. MMMMM did this to my mom's boss's new office once ;)

Ballons Ballons Everywhere and not a place to stand:

Environmental Change

Radius 8", Multiple Combat Effects: +5, Long Lasting 1 hour: +10, -2 CV, -2 perception, -2 dex characteristics and skill rolls: + 36, total [AP 71]

if room is smaller than 8' then change effect stops at walls of room, cannot go through walls -1/4, gestures blowing up a balloon -1/2 (have you ever seen someone blow up and tie a balloon with one hand?), side effect character is lightheaded and slightly dizzy suffers 1d6 drain intelligence and 2d6 drain dex everytime he uses power -1, extra time: extra phase -3/4, OAF fragile Balloon -1 ¼ , [Real Cost 15]

oh, if you see a problem with this let me know, he's one of my NPCs

SFX:

crazy clown/wizard character can fill up rooms entirely with balloons wich decrease character's perception, cv, and dex. MMMMM did this to my mom's boss's new office once ;)

Environmental Change

Radius 8", Multiple Combat Effects: +5, Long Lasting 1 hour: +10, -2 CV, -2 perception, -2 dex characteristics and skill rolls: + 36, total [AP 71]

if room is smaller than 8' then change effect stops at walls of room, cannot go through walls -1/4, gestures blowing up a balloon -1/2 (have you ever seen someone blow up and tie a balloon with one hand?), side effect character is lightheaded and slightly dizzy suffers 1d6 drain intelligence and 2d6 drain dex everytime he uses power -1, extra time: extra phase -3/4, OAF fragile Balloon -1 ¼ , [Real Cost 15]

I love it, rep to you.

Ever notice how Action movie heroes become more badass when their music is playing? Here's why.

Personal Soundtrack: 4" radius, -3 OCV Penalty, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (37 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) (25 Real Points)

I think I might also buy Images to Hearing linked to this power and link this power to it. That way everybody can hear the music. If the character actually has an cd player or something to listen to while they fight, like Abigail Whistler's i-pod in Blade Trinity, then that's an OAF.

Which Reminds me:

Product Placement: 1" Radius, -1 PER Roll (5 Active Points), OIF (Brand Name Products of Opportunity, -1/2) (3 Real Points) AND Wealth (10 Active Points); Linked to product placement (-1/4) (8 Real Points)

PER roll penalty is for people to notice that you are selling out to merchandizing.

Ever notice how Action movie heroes become more badass when their music is playing? Here's why.

Personal Soundtrack: 4" radius, -3 OCV Penalty, Personal Immunity (+1/4) (37 Active Points); No Range (-1/2) (25 Real Points)

I think I might also buy Images to Hearing linked to this power and link this power to it. That way everybody can hear the music. If the character actually has an cd player or something to listen to while they fight, like Abigail Whistler's i-pod in Blade Trinity, then that's an OAF.

Which Reminds me:

Product Placement: 1" Radius, -1 PER Roll (5 Active Points), OIF (Brand Name Products of Opportunity, -1/2) (3 Real Points) AND Wealth (10 Active Points); Linked to product placement (-1/4) (8 Real Points)

PER roll penalty is for people to notice that you are selling out to merchandizing.

Heh, hey zod, I think I know you ;) Neeways totally awsome!

I was going to make up a power for this' date=' but have you ever seen those formal dresses that girls wear that are probably made out of solid glitter? I got to thinking, and figured this was probably a change environment, maybe against PRE? what do you all think?[/quote']

the only thing I can think of for that would be change environment, everything coverd in glitter, flash damage. I'm not sure PRE is the best choice, but eh, you could always make it and show me later

Well, other than the standard temperature drops and heat waves, the thunderstorms, fogs and iced ground... there seems to be alot of different things you can do. Basically, just pick a modifier and figure out some SFX for it and have fun.

Seedy Bar: Change Environment -4 to Seduction Rolls (enough area to cover the entire bar)

Florescent Lighting: Change Environment -2 to Disguise Rolls

Compromised Crime Scene: Change Enviornment -6 to Criminology Rolls

Dry Leaves: Change Environment -3 to Stealth Rolls

Pacificist Field: -6 OCV in a wide area (back when I was allowing Megascale to affect AE radius). It suddenly becomes very difficult for anybody to hit the broad side of a barn.

"Impulse" Field: -6 to Ego rolls. Doesn't help with the initial damage roll, but makes breakout rolls substantially harder. It also meant those within the field were more likely to act on instinct/reaction.

Faire Fire: -4 to DCV, logic being that it made everyone in the area glow slightly and hence be easier to hit. This lasted one combat before I asked the player to drop it; in theory it would work because both side would be affected, in practice one side was prepared to this change and the other wasn't.

Figure the area is really much more limited than it appears... unless you're dealing with a towering monstrosity, in which case its easy to perceive from a goodly distance. Blocked LOS might save your sanity, at least until it slithers close enough for you to hear... or smell. If you're deaf, blind and have no sense of smell you might be safe... if you're perceiving it by touch, you're probably in bigger trouble already.

dah..hahahahah. :lol:

Great power, too. Gonna steal some parts of this.

SFX:

Environmental Change

I shall now steal this idea....a very creative idea. Now to see just how I can modify it to reak havok with my players.