The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Working Plumbing!

The plumbers cut the pipe out that was the problem area. The whole thing was bowed and falling apart. 40 year old pipe made of compressed tar paper. Apparently the whole neighborhood had this type.

I'm just excited that I can take a shower longer than five minutes.

Heh, we got a new hot water heater installed yesterday. The one that was in the house was 15 years old. The house is only 12, so apparently the builder bought it in bulk and let it sit for a few years.

It was so nice not having to keep adjusting the temperature up as my shower went on.

D

^_^

For those that don't know...DocO and I are expecting a baby gamer in October. :D

Huzzah!! You are so doomed. Start acquiring take out menus from every decent eatery within fifteen minutes, and make sure to arrange for someone to come over once a day to help with the dishes and other cleanup.

Huzzah!! You are so doomed. Start acquiring take out menus from every decent eatery within fifteen minutes' date=' and make sure to arrange for someone to come over once a day to help with the dishes and other cleanup.[/quote']

Instead of takeout all the time, which is unhealthy, an alternative is to bake and freeze a number of casseroles and other easy to reheat dishes, and stock your freezer. Then Takeout can be an occasional treat.

Otherwise good advice.

Instead of takeout all the time, which is unhealthy, an alternative is to bake and freeze a number of casseroles and other easy to reheat dishes, and stock your freezer. Then Takeout can be an occasional treat.

Otherwise good advice.

Yeah, we lived on beef stew for a couple of weeks.

It's hard to overstate just how time consuming a child can be. The first couple of weeks, we had a helluva time finding time to feed ourselves or even go to the bathroom. The sleep deprivation was so bad that at one point my wife mistook a stuffed animal for the baby (in the dark).

I'm hoping Seanaci gets one of the easy ones, that sleep through the night from day 1.

The sleep deprivation was so bad that at one point my wife mistook a stuffed animal for the baby (in the dark).
My wife mistook a real animal for our son when he was a baby - she woke up when he cried, grabbed one of the cats (who sleep on our bed), and started to get ready to feed it.... and if I hadn't said to her "That's a cat!" at that moment, I hate to think what would have happened next...

My wife mistook a real animal for our son when he was a baby - she woke up when he cried' date=' grabbed one of the cats (who sleep on our bed), and started to get ready to feed it.... and if I hadn't said to her "That's a cat!" at that moment, I hate to think what would have happened next...[/quote']

A frightening letter to Penthouse?

Yeah, we lived on beef stew for a couple of weeks.

It's hard to overstate just how time consuming a child can be. The first couple of weeks, we had a helluva time finding time to feed ourselves or even go to the bathroom. The sleep deprivation was so bad that at one point my wife mistook a stuffed animal for the baby (in the dark).

I'm hoping Seanaci gets one of the easy ones, that sleep through the night from day 1.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Then again, my mom had 3 of us kids, plus she did in-home daycare for 20+ years...so I'm sure she's got all kinds of secrets that will help as far as getting baby to sleep through the night. :D

That's what I'm hoping for as well. Then again' date=' my mom had 3 of us kids, plus she did in-home daycare for 20+ years...so I'm sure she's got all kinds of secrets that will help as far as getting baby to sleep through the night. :D[/quote']

At one point I tangled my car keys over the crib and told my son that his parents had to sleep through the night at least once before he could have them. The rate of progress he was making toward that goal was such that it seemed likely that would make it happen quicker. :ugly: