The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Whew ! It turns out I did not lose the friend after all. We talked tonight and just re-defined our friendship. So all is well !

Very cool. And does make sense: friendships and people change over time, not always in obvious ways. Sometimes it takes a good sit-down to figure out what's still what, and what isn't. :P

Oddest damn thing that's happened to me in years: my mother-in-law's best friend of the last several decades just up an told her (in effect) "I don't like how our friendship has gone. I feel like I've been mistreated all this time. I want nothing more to do with you." Now, to be fair, mother-in-law can be a tad snobby and overbearing at times. But... if her friend had a problem with this all these years and didn't say something?.. Most of the blame is hers, honestly.

Unfortunately, Michelle and I were good friends with her son... who promptly stopped speaking to us. Go figure. Life moves on, and so did we... rapidly. I really have very little energy in this life to spare for spineless pettiness.

Manchester City beat their hated rivals to the Premier League title on goal difference alone to take it for the first time since the Premier League was introduced and for the first time in 44 years otherwise.

This is some sort of sports reference - I just know it! :D

In spite of the cold that kept me home today, I got news from Social Security that my SSI (Supplemental Security Income) payment is being cut off.

Why is this good news? Because it means I am closer to supporting myself by working as opposed to collecting pensions. And Social Security won't be completely going away -- I will still be receiving Social Security Disability (SSD) until I cross another, higher earning plateau. So I'm actually pleased to be getting $162 less per month from the government because it reflects that I am earning more from work.

It also means my rent, which is based on my income, will go down somewhere in the neighborhood of $50.

In spite of the cold that kept me home today, I got news from Social Security that my SSI (Supplemental Security Income) payment is being cut off.

Why is this good news? Because it means I am closer to supporting myself by working as opposed to collecting pensions. And Social Security won't be completely going away -- I will still be receiving Social Security Disability (SSD) until I cross another, higher earning plateau. So I'm actually pleased to be getting $162 less per month from the government because it reflects that I am earning more from work.

It also means my rent, which is based on my income, will go down somewhere in the neighborhood of $50.

Congratulations. :)