Sanctuary?

Diamond Spear

Re: Sanctuary?

And if it did' date=' it would have to be vastly different in tone to fit the more Bronze age feel of 5th Edition. After the battle of Detroit, no hero is going to just "hang out" with Dr. Destroyer. The same could be said about the Crowns of Krim, or lots of other, truly evil, villains in 5E.[/quote']

Hmmm…. You make a good point. I may have to dust off my copy of Classic Organizations and write up “New Sanctuaryâ€. Yes that could be a good project. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

And if it did' date=' it would have to be vastly different in tone to fit the more Bronze age feel of 5th Edition. After the battle of Detroit, no hero is going to just "hang out" with Dr. Destroyer. The same could be said about the Crowns of Krim, or lots of other, truly evil, villains in 5E.[/quote']

I dunno, I'd say it fits in better with a bronze age style of game as far as dealing with gray-issues, etc.

I always liked the premise even though I thought it was unrealistic and downright stupid for superheroes to set up a resort for super-villains to hide out, recuperate, scheme and network with each other.

I think the idea was to have a place where GMs can roleplay non-combat interactions between guys like Dr. Destroyer and PC heroes without it immediately jumping to Segment 12.

Hmmm…. You make a good point. I may have to dust off my copy of Classic Organizations and write up “New Sanctuaryâ€. Yes that could be a good project. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

I'd like to see whatever you come up with. Sanctuary was always one of my favorite ideas.

And if it did' date=' it would have to be vastly different in tone to fit the more Bronze age feel of 5th Edition. After the battle of Detroit, no hero is going to just "hang out" with Dr. Destroyer. The same could be said about the Crowns of Krim, or lots of other, truly evil, villains in 5E.[/quote']OTOH there's always the nicer folks, like GRAB et al. :)

You're not the only one with a copy of Classic Organizations.

I just wish that we could resseruct the older orgs from the source books

like the Blood,Dr.McQuark,NED {near Earth Defense] Genocide,RAVEN,The Circle,Red Doom and CLOWN.:cool:

I think it was NSD (Near Space Defense) from Super Agents.

like the Blood,Dr.McQuark,NED {near Earth Defense] Genocide,RAVEN,The Circle,Red Doom and CLOWN.:cool:

In the campaign that I'm running, I've revamped Genocide, which uses the IHA as a cover ;) I also have Doc McQuark's now labelled as "McQuark's!" and ran by his nephew. Both the Circle and Blood exist, with the latter serving as my Inhumans and the former as my "Trechcoat Brigade" ;)

I never cared for the concept of heroes and villains mingling on a social level. It seemed unlikely you'd spend all week hunting Pulsar only to sit down and have a beer with him on the weekend. It just never seemed in genre to me. My new Miami campaign will have a supervillain sanctuary in Cuba:

El Lobo Negro: For over forty-five years the threat imposed by the dictator of Cuba has hung over the head of the United States like the proverbial sword of Damocles. While El Lobo Negro's power is impressive it was his genius and foresight in turning Cuba into a Meta-villain sanctuary that has allowed him to become one of the most feared Metas on the planet. El Lobo Negro's wealth and Meta-villain connections give him access to a Meta army which has aided him in repelling invaders of Cuba several times over the years.

Well, our fellow boardmate OddHat has crafted a very fine update of the Circle, tied into the 5E Champions Universe:

http://www.killershrike.com/NewCircle/NewCircle.htm

I use Cuba as a superbeing sanctuary as well, although petty criminal types aren't welcome. Instead, it's a place where mutants and similar misfit supers can be safe, along with many former "freedom fighters" of various flavours.

It's the place to go when aliens invade and you are looking for allies. And most of them are trustworthy.

I also have something similar to Sanctuary in my game although it isn't preciesly a place. It is a set of underground clubs in the large cities that mutants go to. Generally low level mutants or mutants with deforming mutations and powers. It is not precisely a place that villans go but if they do they are not unwelcome unless they cause problems or are publically known murderers. Anyone too much in the public eye is not welcome whether for good or ill in the clubs, who maintain their aninimity by being low key. Each club has several layers denoted by powerclass to enter. But everyone leaves each other alone in them.