Daily Art Findings

Eosin

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Daily Art Findings

Sometimes I am too lazy to open up another page to review where I am on numbering. :hush:

OR maybe there are super special secret links that are only known to a select few??? Hmmmm

I thought Link 60 was especially fine. :thumbup:

If you have any more Norse' date=' or links to resources on them - I'd be interested (it being the major religion of my campaign world)..[/quote']

I will keep an eye open for links but most of the images are on my hard drive rather than cyberspace.

Not that I don't love the pic--it's tres cool, mind you--but there's something wrong with it. It's a specific inconsistancy that always seems to jump out at me. In this case the rags on the creature are blowing back away from him, and the woman's hair and clothing are blowing back away from her. Apparently the wind begins somewhere between them and spreads out from there.

I know, I know...nitpicky. But it's my pet peeve as an art lover.

Not that I don't love the pic--it's tres cool' date=' mind you--but there's something wrong with it. It's a specific inconsistancy that always seems to jump out at me. In this case the rags on the creature are blowing back away from him, and the woman's hair and clothing are blowing back away from her. Apparently the wind begins somewhere between them and spreads out from there.[/quote']

Well, it's not like they're just standing there letting the wind blow their clothes around scenically. He's going one way, she's going the other, and their various dangly bits and bobs are lagging behind.

It's not so much wind as it is an emphasis of action. Look at the number of light bursts that artists draw at points of impact. A punch in the face generates no light, but if the artist puts it there, it's a way of saying to the viewer, "explosive impact here". We cannot show motion and sound or visceral contact, so artists resort to visual cues.

The same thing is going on here. The clothes and hair are being blown back by the ferocity of the battle, not the wind. Realistic? No, it's art.

Keith "Thanks for the cool pic, Eosin" Curtis

PS. Not picking at you Vanguard00. You have a valid complaint. I just feel that the artist has a valid reason for doing it, too.

PS. Not picking at you Vanguard00. You have a valid complaint. I just feel that the artist has a valid reason for doing it' date=' too.[/quote']

Understood. Like I said, it usually doesn't interfere with my overall impression of the picture--I like or dislike in spite of that sort of thing. It's something that jumps out at me, is all. I do it watching TV shows and movies, too.