Daily Art Findings

Eosin

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Daily Art Findings

This is some of the best character work I've seen yet. But' date=' I'm not sure I understand your reference to anime. They are definitely NOT anime (or manga).[/quote']

That is my point. It is about as close as I can come to appreciating that anime style art (the bottom images have some influenes from anime style).

Poor Eosin! Friends don't try to make friends into anime freaks.

Anime-style art is something I put up with if the story is good enough (as in Cowboy Bebop), but it's not something I enjoy. I dislike almost all the stylistic choices anime traditionally makes; characters in anime art generally have huge eyes, tiny mouths, non-existent or blade-sharp noses, a child-like appearance (even when the character is supposedly an adult), exaggerated limb length and other gross physical distortions. It's distracting, and doesn't appeal to me at all.

At best, good anime art is highly stylized and attenuated. At worst, it's a series of distorted and crudely executed cartoons/caricatures.

Keep resisting, Eosin! Do not submit to the anime side of the Force.

The Castle on the waterfall is just wonderful. It reminds me of a fantasy game scenario that you ran for us once. I suppose that this is just a coincidence though.

It is coincidental but it reminded me of the same thing. That was Kevin's statue luvin adventure. :hush:

Link 42

Called the Charge..... run away!!

King Henry V: For there is none of you so mean and base that hath not noble luster in your eyes. I see you stand like greyhounds in the slip straining upon the start. The games afoot. Follow you spirit, and upon this charge. Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!