Multi-form suggestions?

McCoy

Number Two Son has an idea for an NPC, an inner city youth codenamed Bling Bling. She has an Absorbing Man like ability to copy the properties of things she touches. I'm doing this as a multiform, giving her a limited number of forms rather than a pool. What she copies is jewelry.

A few forms come to mind:

• Diamond, brick with hardened defenses and AP HA
  • Platinum, brick with extremely high ED
  • Gold, relatively low defenses, but can stretch, great for brachiating through mid-town

Anything else sugget itself?

Thanking everyone in advance.

Re: Multi-form suggestions?

If you want things based on physical properties, then you've probably got it pretty covered. If you want to venture further into comic-book pseudo-science, you could have her generate an innate bio-luminescence that can give her some light powers in some gem forms. If you want to go even further afield, various gems have purported mystical properties, and you could base powers around those.

Ruby comes to mind as missing, and when I think ruby I think the early LASERs, so Ruby could be a EB weilding type. Silver could also be done as a attack reflector (mirrored surfaces are silvered).

Who needs science, use free form assocation gets more interresting results. Alchemical properties can be fun too.

Flash vs vision - bright sparkly flashes, for any gem form

Invisibility with bright fringe - pure clear crystal

HA/HKA - sharp edges/points, possible with any jewelry form, but especialyl suitable for gemstones

EB/RKA - laser (I know, already mentioned, but for an odd limitation, make it dependent on having a bright light source, so that the hero is focusing light rather than generating it), especially for ruby

Desolid(!) - changing into a pile of small gems, able to slip through small holes, kind of like a "mist form"

Images - making jewelry-style signals and pictures on/with the body, especially for a primarily metal form

I'd make Pearl have some RPD/ED. The special feature, ofcourse, should be being able to secrete a mother of pearl like substance for use in entangeling people, creating walls/objects and maybe even allowing extra running ala Ice Man's ice slides.

First off, kudos to Number Two son on a great name and concept. Second, any crystalline form should allow for some kind of EB re-direction, though not reflection. So, some kind of missile deflection with reflection at any target except the original attacker.

First off' date=' kudos to Number Two son on a great name and concept. Second, any crystalline form should allow for some kind of EB re-direction, though not reflection. So, some kind of missile deflection with reflection at any target except the original attacker.[/quote']

I was thinking of a Damage Reduction vs. lightbased attacks in gem form, along those lines.

Does it have to be a substance? I keep picturing an anthropomorphic Cadillac... :think:

I'd make Pearl have some RPD/ED. The special feature' date=' ofcourse, should be being able to secrete a mother of pearl like substance for use in entangeling people, creating walls/objects and maybe even allowing extra running ala Ice Man's ice slides.[/quote']

RPD with the limitation "Not VS Ammonia based attacks"...Which is

why women who wear pearls are warned to remove such jewlery

when around various household cleaners.

EDIT (11/21/05):

It should be a limitation "Not VS Attacks with Ammonia, Vinegar, Chlorine (as in pool

chlorine) or lemon juice"....Sorry I missed those on my first pass.

-Carl-

RPD with the limitation "Not VS Ammonia based attacks"...Which is

why women who wear pearls are warned to remove such jewlery

when around various household cleaners.

-Carl-

Wait...are you saying that Leave it to Beaver was wrong? Women don't clean the house in their pearls? My illusion...she is destroyed! :(

Don't forget the supposed "mystic" powers of precious stones ! If you can , try to get hold of a copy of George Frederick Kunz's "The Mystical Lore Of Precious Stones" (Newcastle Publishing Co, 1986). Bloodstone for example is quoted as causing "Thunder, lightning,rain and tempest" (p 65) and "Emerald" can "quicken the prophetic faculty" (p83-84).