Monster Hunter Campaign?

Jkeown

Re: Monster Hunter Campaign?

How many of you are doing Monster Hunters? I have a something I'm writing for submission to DH, but I'd like to know if it's valuable... I've just started today, and I'm up to about 4100 words without stats just yet.

Interested in Playtesting? Lemme know.

I've done some monster hunting gaming.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/index/worldbooks.html

Take a look at "The Phenomena Department" for a campaign that smacks of Hellboy (among other things) and then click on the "Silent Mobius Zeta" link for high-end anime goodness in which the Attacked Mystification Police battle decidedly Lovecraftian monsters.

How many of you are doing Monster Hunters? I have a something I'm writing for submission to DH, but I'd like to know if it's valuable... I've just started today, and I'm up to about 4100 words without stats just yet.

Interested in Playtesting? Lemme know.

Yep. We've been playing a Monster Hunter/Buffy the Monster Slayer/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen type campaign for quite a while now. I would be tickled to see more materials in that vein.

But would you like to read it before I finish it and send it to Steve? Add to that statistic the fact that I know there's more I could squeeze into it. I'm thinking of a bit called "The Awful Truth" that explains some plot holes.

Plot? Hmmm... it's a very open-ended product, more of a "Here is the problem, now throw your heroes into it" sorta thing.

Its 5,276 words with only 2 package deals (out of about 20). I figure it's gonna hit 6000 when I'm finished.

That's the most productive writing day I've ever had.

Yep. We've been playing a Monster Hunter/Buffy the Monster Slayer/League of Extraordinary Gentlemen type campaign for quite a while now. I would be tickled to see more materials in that vein.

Well, Well... A definite Positive Reply. Do you like .rtf or .doc or what?

And! You have to promise not to reply to me publically with feedback... I'm gonna try and sell this thing to Steve!

Well, Well... A definite Positive Reply. Do you like .rtf or .doc or what?

And! You have to promise not to reply to me publically with feedback... I'm gonna try and sell this thing to Steve!

.docs work better for me. And I would be happy to take a look and proofread/feedback ya. Heck, I might even put some of it right to use! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've run Monster Hunter/X-Fileish campaigns over the years' date=' a lot of which were used the Bureau 13/Stalking the Night Fantastic setting, and 150 pt characters, it worked out reasonably well using hero.[/quote']

I've used/gamed in the Bureau 13 setting with HERO a few times. The 2 synergize great.

[Late to the party again...]

I just recently finished a seven-years-running monster hunter campaign, based somewhat loosely on GDW's old Dark Conspiracy setting. I called it post-modern Cthulu-punk, `tho the cyberpunk elements were pretty light. The PCs started operated as an independant team for most of the campaign, and got government sponsorship towards the end. If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to post conversion stuff, etc.

Conversely, I'd be happy to read over your stuff and provide comments, but I doubt I'll b eable to look at it until after Genghis Con in 2 weeks.

bigdamnhero

"Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Did you want editing? It seems fine to me, there's some grammar errors and a little re-arranging might improve the flow, but it's definitely quality enough for DH. Also need to trim some words, with your permission, I'll go over it and then I can e-mail it back to you, maybe I can help.

I did the Demon Hunter: FBI setting back in the day for Haymaker; it was later reprinted in EZ HERO. Dave Mattingly also did a spin off of it for a con game or something that was amusing (though definitely a much lighter take on it than my own). DoJ got the rights to it when they took over HERO -- there was going to be a pdf best of Haymaker or something, but with the failure of the pdf line that got kiboshed.

Its basically a Dark Champions / Action Adventure style campaign w/ various supernatural extra dimensional entities and a special department of the FBI (Section M) that hunts them down and covers up their existance. Dark, gritty, some faint Cthulu-esque and Beyond the Supernatural elements.

Anyway I got permission to rewrite it for 5th Edition / Digital HERO (along w/ Project: PREDATOR), but I havent gotten around to it yet.