A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Okay' date=' this looks cool! What is it?[/quote']

Its one of the bad guy monsters in the new series of Gamera movies.

They started remaking them around 1999/2000.

The stories are really good. The writing is excellent. Unlike Godzilla where Tokoyo can be evacuated in 20 minutes...monster fights here are a total surprise, and thousands dies because they are caught in the mayhem.

--->The stories are a bit more realistic...as far as giant monsters go.

I suggest a netflix rental...just make sure the movie was made in the 90's or 2000's.

anything with Gamera. Its better than the new Godzilla movies.

Its one of the bad guy monsters in the new series of Gamera movies.

They started remaking them around 1999/2000.

The stories are really good. The writing is excellent. Unlike Godzilla where Tokoyo can be evacuated in 20 minutes...monster fights here are a total surprise, and thousands dies because they are caught in the mayhem.

--->The stories are a bit more realistic...as far as giant monsters go.

I suggest a netflix rental...just make sure the movie was made in the 90's or 2000's.

anything with Gamera. Its better than the new Godzilla movies.

I have the initial trilogy... I don't recall that scene.

they made more than just three movies. Maybe this one hasn't been released in the US yet.

The give away is in the last frames where you see the turtle shell.

Really? Sweet. I've never heard of any others after the first three.

Ahhh.... this is Gamera the Brave (2006). I need to find this.

Guest Celt

Chap Hop!

I've never cared for rap music except for some particular pieces, and have been told because being a white narrowback nerd from the suburbs I'm not exactly the target audience. Well, chap hop seems to take aim at me and my interests, and I have to say I still don't care for it.

I've never cared for rap music except for some particular pieces' date=' and have been told because being a white narrowback nerd from the suburbs I'm not exactly the target audience. Well, chap hop seems to take aim at me and my interests, and I have to say I still don't care for it.[/quote']

Well, my good fellow, it tends to be rather an acquired taste, and often the artistry and inventiveness of it doesn't register until one has subjected oneself to repeated airings. But, quite, YMMV. I just think chap hop happens to be rather splendid, myself.

The future is coming even sooner than I though. : )

This is the song "just be friends" being performed live by a true digital 3d singer. wow

Just be Friends

La Rose.

Ah, my favorite Megurine Luka song of all time. They played this at the Mikunopolis concert in Los Angeles on July 2. (I was in the orchestra section Row JJ seat 418)

Such an upbeat tune with such a bummer of a message. (it's a break up song)

Just to clarify, these aren't holograms, they are pre-rendered 3d models rear projected onto a semi-transparent screen. These concerts are only suited to long skinny venues because the image drops off pretty precipitously once the angle between the projector and the screen and the viewer gets below 150 degrees or so. If it drops to about 120 degrees, it disappears almost entirely. (ideal viewing is between 180 and 165 degrees)

While I was waiting in line, I was interviewed by a japanese tv crew. (the interviewer spoke english but instructions to the film crew were in japanese) I was lugging around a 150cm boffer leek, which is probably why they picked me. I have no idea who they worked for or where the footage might end up. I'm still a little boggled that they let me enter the Nokia theater with the thing...

here's a sample of Mikunopolis. (the MC was Danny Choo - the Tokyo Dance Trooper and CEO of a booming multimedia empire)

Playlist for this video:

Project Diva OP: Project Diva Desu

World is Mine (the toyota ad song)

Electric Angel

Koisuru VOC@LOID

Clover Club

po pi po (the vegetable juice song) (part of it, anyway)

Romeo to Cinderella

If you check out po pi po, she does a run around the 'stage' and it becomes very obvious where the limits of the current technology are, as she pretty much disappears when she goes very far stage right and brightens considerably when she goes stage left.

While I was waiting in line, I was interviewed by a japanese tv crew. (the interviewer spoke english but instructions to the film crew were in japanese) I was lugging around a 150cm boffer leek, which is probably why they picked me. I have no idea who they worked for or where the footage might end up. I'm still a little boggled that they let me enter the Nokia theater with the thing...

Well, what you think was just an innocent Japanese film crew was in reality a much more nefarious plot against you and the world!

La Rose.