A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

thought this looked cool, and is an interesting approach for indie developer to take

Amanita Design just put up a Humble Bundle of their work, pay what you will

I was reading an article elsewhere on teh webs which was reviewing the downward spiral of games set at a $60 price point, one of the main contributing factors being people are having lots of fun with games at a fraction of the cost through various online sources, be it direct distribution or phone/tablet/console marketplaces. When you break down your dollar per hour enjoyment, the economy of it can be significant.

Wow. Just wow.

I've always wondered how the rings of Saturn and other gas giants (apparently all the gas giants of our solar system have ring systems to some degree) hold their shape given the multitude of objects they are composed of. I suspect the answer has to do with these planets' enormous gravitational fields.

I was reading an article elsewhere on teh webs which was reviewing the downward spiral of games set at a $60 price point' date=' one of the main contributing factors being people are having lots of fun with games at a fraction of the cost through various online sources, be it direct distribution or phone/tablet/console marketplaces. When you break down your dollar per hour enjoyment, the economy of it can be significant.[/quote']

Oh, totally.

We are in a new age of game development and I like it.

I haven't spent more than $20 for a game in a couple of years (The $20 game was Minecraft, which I've bought 2 copies of so far), spending $10 here and $15 there for awesome games like Guns of Icarus, Dwarfs, and Legend of Grimrock, as well as playing the heck out of all sorts of free online games, some crowd developed like Battle for Wesnoth, some totally indie like Kingdom of Loathing, and some up on ad driven game sites like Kongregate.

Top it all off with active mod communities for some of my favorite older games and I've been keeping my gaming jones fed even with an old single core P4

Oh, totally.

We are in a new age of game development and I like it.

I haven't spent more than $20 for a game in a couple of years (The $20 game was Minecraft, which I've bought 2 copies of so far), spending $10 here and $15 there for awesome games like Guns of Icarus, Dwarfs, and Legend of Grimrock, as well as playing the heck out of all sorts of free online games, some crowd developed like Battle for Wesnoth, some totally indie like Kingdom of Loathing, and some up on ad driven game sites like Kongregate.

Top it all off with active mod communities for some of my favorite older games and I've been keeping my gaming jones fed even with an old single core P4

My gaming purchases tend to follow purchasing used games from a year or more ago unless it is a title I am avidly following, such as the Thief series or Tomb raider. Otherwise I think the game is just as good a yea ror two from now. I tend to get newer releases as presents.

Edit: Yes, I'm one of those no-goodniks the current trend of game publishers to key certain portions of the game to purchasing new buyers is aimed at. I think their strategy will backfire on them in the long run, but we shall see.