A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Something to contrast with the previous video:

The above message fills me with mirth.

Occasionally I have speculated on the thought that we would be judged on whether we believed what whatever deity wants us to believe -- regardless of whether it is actually true. A deity can do what it wants -- it's a deity. So if it wants to it can condemn people for believing the world is round even if is actually is round. The same process can be applied to biology, ethics, political science -- anything about which there is even a small potential for dissent.

Of course, this is not a necessary component in theism. There is, for example, room in most sacred texts for non-literal interpretations of events or statements that do not render them so contradictory that they become meaningless. I take some comfort in the fact that BYU has one of the most highly-regarded paleontology programs in the world even though it is a religious school run by a faith that includes many who at least pay lip-service to creationism. (I don't know any personally, but I'm sure they're out there.)