What would you trade for wealth?

Gary

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What would you trade for wealth?

Personally, I'd be more interested in higher stats than money. I already have the lowest END in my Karate class and my EGO and PRE aren't the greatest, either. If I could only buy off one thing I'd buy off my several points of overweight. My COM is OK otherwise. I got asked for a date by a Stranger at age 39 and size 18/20.

Personally' date=' I'd be more interested in higher stats than money. I already have the lowest END in my Karate class and my EGO and PRE aren't the greatest, either. If I could only buy off one thing I'd buy off my several points of overweight. My COM is OK otherwise. I got asked for a date by a Stranger at age 39 and size 18/20.[/quote']

You were asked for a date by a 39 yr old stranger who was size 18/20?

Lucius Alexander

Hiding behind the palindromedary

Hmmm....

I'd be perfectly happy with selling off a body pip. I could live WELL on 200K a year (Almost 10x my current record annual income). I don't do most of the things I used to do that resulted in body damage, so I'm not all that likely to really care much if I'm a bit more fragile. I'd miss most of the other stats... I probably would've been happy selling off a point of Rec... but I've been buying that off steadily for the last 15 years (Coffin nails, ya know).

A point of Energy Defense. After all, how often do you get zapped by Titanic Force Bolts Of Energy?

That should do it: I could live with a 14-fold increase in my income. ;)

If I was feeling greedy, I also might trade in a point of STR and increase my income to $200,000/year.

As well, since I don't often get into fights/accidents, I could afford to sell off a point of STUN, too. Hmm.... $300,000/year. That should be more than enough.

I agree with GoldenAge: I want a word with that genie.

Multiple Sclerosis has already snarfed a point of INT (manifests as poor memory and cognitive problems) and DEX (hell, I was either clumsy or hexed anyway), so it looks as if I'm owed $400,00 a year. Any time now, oh supernaturally-endowed Semetic One! I'm waiting....

But what I want to know is, do I get half the monetary amounts in the case of losses that haven't happened yet but probably will? Statistically, I'm likely to get hit again for more INT and DEX losses, and eventually EGO, STR and CON as well...so can I have half the money in contemplation of further attribute losses? (If they don't occur, I'll give it back, I promise...all the genie has to do is find me).

Any time now' date=' oh supernaturally-endowed Semetic One! I'm waiting....[/quote']"Supernaturally-endowed...."?

Okay, so that's where those points from my other inches of Running went....

(If you don't get it, don't ask. I'm embarrassed that I'm even posting this....:o )

You were asked for a date by a 39 yr old stranger who was size 18/20?

Lucius Alexander

Hiding behind the palindromedary

No, the 39-year-old was me. I never saw the mysterious Stranger. I was working in a Store and he called the store and said he'd just been in there and asked if I was married because he'd like a date. I said I was very flattered, but yes, I was married. Fortunately, he was a Gentleman and took no for an answer.

Depends on the payment. A million bucks for a point of strength? Not worth it.

I disagree. I could do a LOT with a million, I don't do that much with STR (and before evenyone jumps all over me, I know I would lose a bit in other stats). Also, I'd sell COM. When you're rich, you don't need it!:D

Guest HeroPink!

Suppose you (the real life you) were given an offer by a genie that you can have great wealth' date=' but it came at a price. You had to trade one single point of a Hero System characteristic [b']for the equivalent Hero System wealth.[/b]

Emphasis added.

So yes, Derek Hiemforth, giving up 15 CP worth would give you "unlimited" wealth. Unless you use the Wealth Chart that's in the games I'm in now. 0 points is $50k/year, each plus/minus 5 points is times/divide-by 5. 15 points is $6.25M/year. :snicker:

I'd give up 3 points PRE (money is a PRE Attack all by itself), 2 points REC (the rich don't need to work so hard), 2 points PD, 2 points ED (the rich have bodyguards to take the damage), and 4 points of STUN (same reason).

There's my 15 points, so now I have unlimited income. Fork it over, genie! :D:D:D

What would you trade for wealth?

No' date=' the 39-year-old was me. I never saw the mysterious Stranger. I was working in a Store and he called the store and said he'd just been in there and asked if I was married because he'd like a date. I said I was very flattered, but yes, I was married. Fortunately, he was a Gentleman and took no for an answer.[/quote']

Ah. He was too intimidated by your attractiveness to ask you to your face no doubt. Or too afraid of rejection to want to suffer it in public.

To get back on topic, I'd be too afraid to sacrifice a point of SPD. What can you do if you're SPD 0?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary keeps all four eyes out for that djinni.

Well, let's see...assuming this is in payment for what I'd have to put lower than normal anway, due to health problems...

My CON is already down in terms of catching illnesses and so on, thanks to a somewhat suppressed immune system.

My Running has been gone for years because of joint problems; I figure I can easily sell off 3" of my 6" and not be any worse off than I am now.

My BOD is also down, due to overall health issues.

I'd rather not touch anything else.

So: 1 point of CON + 1 point of BOD + 3" Running sounds like a tidy sum. Where do I sign & thumbprint?

This is a monkey's paw waiting to happen. It all comes down to what sort of rich dead guy I'd like to be.

STR - death due to being crushed by a rather small weight. I died from checking out too many library books at once.

DEX - One long flight of stairs later, and my estate is being settled.

CON - You mean you can DIE from chronic fatigue syndrome?

BODY - Achoo! Achoo! Achoo! (thud.)

INT - You know that scene from the WB cartoons where the guy pulls his parachute ripcord and camping equipment comes out? Yeah, I'd be that guy.

EGO - This seems safe. Who's going to mind control me? My mom isn't Angela Lansbury or anything. I'd wind up drinking Jim Jones Kool-Aid, though.

PRE - Bus Driver: "Honest, Officer, I didn't even see him standing there."

COM - Hunter: "Honest Officer, I really thought he WAS the chupacabra!"

SPD - "I've never seem anyone die in a tortoise stampede before."

REC - BoneDaddy, eccentric millionaire, dead of a heart attack at 39.

Swimming - glub, glub ... glub.

Running - Eaten by a pack of wild snails.

I can play it safe and work out to get the muscle back. I'll take the STR and hire a personal trainer.

I can play it safe and work out to get the muscle back. I'll take the STR and hire a personal trainer.

Then you missed the bit where he specified you can't ever improve that stat again once it's sold off.

Work out first, bump the stat, and then sell back down to normal, if you're going to go that route. ;)

To me, Str (because it feeds to Rec), Con, Body, and Rec are bad since they'll probably lower my life expectancy to some extent. Int, Ego, and Pre are bad since they'll change my personality and who I am. Spd is bad because it's such a drastic change, to think and/or react at 1/2 my current level. Com is bad because of vanity. That would leave Dex, Running, or Swimming. ;)

Guest WhammeWhamme

To me' date=' Str (because it feeds to Rec), Con, Body, and Rec are bad since they'll probably lower my life expectancy to some extent. Int, Ego, and Pre are bad since they'll change my personality and who I am. Spd is bad because it's such a drastic change, to think and/or react at 1/2 my current level. Com is bad because of vanity. That would leave Dex, Running, or Swimming. ;)[/quote']

I don't think clumsiness, a limp, or forgetting how to swim is necessarily a good trade off either... although mayb 1" running. Maybe.

Im with your initial statement, Whamme Whamme.

The Genie can kiss my @$$ on this one.

Now, if I was to trade something in return for -better- stats...

(Note: Almost every day I drive past a business called "Kim's Alteration Shop". Just once, Id like to go in and tell the proprieter "Id like you to change my appearance, please. Here's a picture of who I want to look like.")