George Perez & Champions

Sketchpad

Re: George Perez & Champions

I only remembered him doing the 4e cover. Guess I should pay more attention.

You can never have too much Perez.

I agree with that. You can tell the age / comic approach my customers have - the older customers, and those that prefer "classic" style of comics go for the Perez cover on IC, while the younger and those that like the more "edgy" comics go for the other.

I go Perez all the way. :)

I agree with that. You can tell the age / comic approach my customers have - the older customers, and those that prefer "classic" style of comics go for the Perez cover on IC, while the younger and those that like the more "edgy" comics go for the other.

I go Perez all the way. :)

I hear ya ... I heard Perez was doing covers for IC and I jumped on them ;) I can't wait till George Perez: Storyteller hits, as I've been waiting for it for a while now ;)

During the beginning of Avengers Reborn' date=' 1998 or so, I was in the FLCS, and I heard one youngster say to the other somethign about this new guy George Perez becoming the next Todd McFarlane... I nearly fell off the floor. Kids![/quote']

ROFLMAO ... rep for you!

During the beginning of Avengers Reborn' date=' 1998 or so, I was in the FLCS, and I heard one youngster say to the other somethign about this new guy George Perez becoming the next Todd McFarlane... I nearly fell off the floor. Kids![/quote']

Ironically enough, Rob Bell tried to get Todd McFarlane to do the cover of Champions. He was not, however, displeased to have a Perez cover (to say the least).

We almost got George to do the cover of Day of the Destroyer too. I have no complaints with Ben Dunn's final work, but Perez would have been *so* sweet.

Ironically enough, Rob Bell tried to get Todd McFarlane to do the cover of Champions. He was not, however, displeased to have a Perez cover (to say the least).

We almost got George to do the cover of Day of the Destroyer too. I have no complaints with Ben Dunn's final work, but Perez would have been *so* sweet.

OOo ... I would've loved to see Perez do more with Destroyer ;) I think that could've been interesting ... give Perez and maybe a handful of Champions characters and ask them to redesign them ... wonder what we'd get? ;)

OOo ... I would've loved to see Perez do more with Destroyer ;) I think that could've been interesting ... give Perez and maybe a handful of Champions characters and ask them to redesign them ... wonder what we'd get? ;)
A very large bill. :D

Actually, that would be extremely excellent. Perez has always been my favorite artist. Ever since the mid-70's Avengers, and his run with Wolfman on the Titans.

Okay ... lemme propose this idea ... if you could pick 10 artists and 10 Champions characters to be reinvisioned by them, what would they be and who would work on them? ;) Only one rule, they have to be a comic artist that's well renowned ...

My list would be:

1. Bob Layton - Defender

2. Scott McDaniel - Mongoose

3. Mike Zeck - Seeker

4. John Byrne - Dr. Destroyer

5. George Perez - Champions (Legacy pic, from beginning to present)

6. Mike Wieringo - GRAB

7. Dale Keown - Grond

8. Justantino - Demon

9. Adam Hughs - Lady Blue

10. George Perez - Eurostar ;)

Great list Sketchpad. I like Layton for Defender. I forgot about his work on Ironman. Also, noticed Perez on the two teams. I think that's where he's the best.

I'll have to think a bit, and get back to you with my list.

Great list Sketchpad. I like Layton for Defender. I forgot about his work on Ironman. Also' date=' noticed Perez on the two teams. I think that's where he's the best.[/quote']

Thanks Aylwin. I agree ... Perez does some fantastic team pics ;)

Grond by Simon Bisley

Dr. Simian by Art Adams

Chesire Cat by Jim Lee

Dr. Destroyer by Alex Ross

Utility by George Perez

Giganto by Sam Kieth

Ankylosaur by Bart Sears

Black Harlequin by Bill Sienkiewicz

Cateran by Adam Hughes

The Monster by Todd McFarlane

Just a quick list. I'm sure I could come up with others with more thought.

Let's see...

Holocaust....Jim Lee

G.R.A.B. Kevin Maguire

Mechanon.....George Perez

The Champions(5th).....Paul Smith

Harbinger of Justice......Todd MacFarlane

Tyrannon The Conquerer.....Ron Lim(did Silver Surfer and has thus drawn just about every "cosmic" character there is)

Just about anyone from Teen Champions......Art Adams

Viperia.....Barry Windsor Smith

Ripper......John Romita Jr(he does a good Juggernaut)

Nightwind......Sal Buscema

Just a starter list....and honestly...I'd happily see any of the above artists draw any Hero system characters.

Rob