WWYCD: A Bomb for Two Cities

TheRavenIs

Your C is alone with no allies and no means to contact them. You find that bombs have been planted in two locations. One is “Game City†and NYC. The bombs are both set to explode at the same time, a few minutes from now. These bombs are mutagenetic in nature. You have no idea if the mutagenetic effect will kill everyone or that they will all be transformed, you do know that your C will be effected or killed. You do know that even if you are able to disarm the one in your ‘city’, you have been exposed to the effect. WWYCD?

Note: The mutagenetic will effect only living creatures, aliens, mystical beings. The effect is dependent on the C’s personality.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: WWYCD: A Bomb for Two Cities

Blackberry isn't trained in demolitions, and while she's much faster than most, she doesn't have the capability for fast overland travel (think Spider-man levels of overland speed).

In all likelihood, this would be her last stand; she'd snatch up the bomb and try to find a location where she could minimize the damage.

Most of them (not having demo training) would end up caught in the bomb blast and finding out first-hand what the effects are (of course, several of them are already mutants, so....) while trying to get the bomb somewhere safe (or contain the blast with their own body if it couldn't be moved).

Void, actually having some appropriate training (getting caught in a car bomb or two will convince you it's a handy skill), will get in there, get evacuations started, and start disarming it, probably making a last-minute call to get his people to set up for disaster recovery if this goes bad.

Darkchild would shift her Magic Pool to a Force-Wall surrounding the bomb and try to contain the blast right there.

Huntress, if she knew it was possible, would turn her plasma beam on it and incinerate the mutagen before it could get loose. If not possible, freeze it over with her ice beam and start praying she could get it somewhere safe. As a note, it'd have to be one heck of a mutagen to get through her power suit.

G-Force would be found at ground-zero, using her gravity powers to pull the blast in as well as she could, assuming that sinking a small near-singularity through the middle of it didn't just 'disarm' it right there.

As a note, the hardest question would probably be whether or not they should try to handle both somehow, for most of 'em. If they're set for simultaneous detonation, it's academic, but I see a lot of mine trying to find some way to handle the closest one first, then make it to the other in time.

Ivy could create duplicates, but would have the skill nessecary to defuse the bombs. The best she could try to do would be to mitigate the mutnagenic effects as best she can with her powers.

Eve wouldn't be effect and could use her Cyberpathic abilities to shut the bombs down if they were electronic in nature.

Shiduko...put her head between her knees and kiss her butt goodbye since she doeesn't have the skills to defuse one and if there is not time to contact anyone....

Tao could defeuse the one in Gateway city and to warn the alternate site.

Note: The mutagenetic will effect only living creatures' date=' aliens, mystical beings. The effect is dependent on the C’s personality.[/quote']

Assuming Kaja knows this, which isn't a far stretch of the imagination, he sets up an ambush by the bomb and waits to take out anyone who would try to disarm it.

After all, he's probably the one who planted the bomb, even if it was his organization that actually made it ;)

None of my characters are fast enough to hit both locations, so the NYC one winds up pretty much being irrelevant; That's gonna go off.

Both Uncle Slam and Anthem would go after the local bomb. If it can be moved without triggering it, Uncle Slam would fly as high as he could with it and toward the ocean. (Then I'd have a subsequent adventure where mutated sea life starts moving on the city). Anthem, lacking the kind of movement powers or defusing capability, would end up having to take it underground. She'd use the network of tunnels beneath the city to carry it as deep as she could as fast as she could. I imagine this would result in some morlock-like people in the tunnels.

Both characters stand a good chance of surviving it (both being high DEF characters).

NYC is out of reach for me. So it's the Game City (Vancouver, BC in this case) that is graced by my heroic presence (of 15)

Well, if it's biological in nature, a nice Indirect Flame EB should shut up the bug. Failing that, try to lift it out to some safe area, and watch me go boom with bomb.

Failing that, warn everyone I can reach with Flight, then try to cover the bomb with something dense. COncrete, dump truck, Gordon Campbell (buh-zing)...

The Tornado! - Having already disarmed and/or disassembled a VIPER bomb in The Defenders first ever adventure, followed by disarming a small nuclear device, and then an entire field of timed C4 charges, and finally a bomb strapped to a moving roller coaster at Defenderland, this SHOULD be a piece of cake. He'd disarm the Paragon City bomb first (hopefully) and then hightail it to NYC. He can circle the Earth in a little under 30 seconds, so to get from East/Central Kansas to NYC should take him about 3-4 seconds, give or take. Hopefully that'd leave enough time to get to the 2nd bomb site, and clip the right wire as the timer hit 00:01... because otherwise it's just not as interesting.

The Templar - Good-bye 20 pt. Normal Characteristics Maxima disadvantage, Hello Mutant Templar!

Dr. Elastic - Order the immediate blast radius cleared at both sites, then get a sample of the mutagen following the explosion & get it back to the lab as quickly as possible to formulate an antidote.

I don't really get the dilemma being proposed here. Obviously the character disarms the device in front of him and probably can't do anything about the other one.

Because there is no way to contact allies' date=' there is very little the characters can do other than try to defuse or dispose of the bobm thats at their feet, and at best warn the cops about the other one.[/quote']

Actually the probleam is that and also that the C has to deal with the the fall out of the other bomb and also the effect the one before them has on them.

Sentenel would suggest that Doc A get some help from our future selfs (he bulids a temporal device: duplication or summon-future selfs, with the normal focus, skill roll, one charge, yada yada limitation to make it fit in his VPP.) Then we send our 'future selfs' to deal with nyc. We then save Milinum city, and then a few moments after wards find ourselfs summond into the past by ourselfs to go save nyc. We would take the Balrog express to nyc and save the day. Followed by seeing the statue of liberty and getting some cool "My super team saved NYC and all they brought me was this stupid t shirt" shirts for our support staff.

Nadia is 14 and this might be out of there leag, but she would not shy from such a chalange. (being of noble birth she beleaves saving the day is her respoinsibility) so she and her fellow class Deltas would save M-city while she would try to get some dead person to warn someone in NYC. (who knows there should be enough dead supers hanging around M-city that she may be able to convince an entire super team to go and save NYC.) Eather way, she will be attempting things not entirly within her powers, but what is being a teenager if not attempting big things you suposadly can't do?

Sentenel would suggest that Doc A get some help from our future selfs (he bulids a temporal device: duplication or summon-future selfs' date=' with the normal focus, skill roll, one charge, yada yada limitation to make it fit in his VPP.) Then we send our 'future selfs' to deal with nyc. We then save Milinum city, and then a few moments after wards find ourselfs summond into the past by ourselfs to go save nyc.[/quote']

Of course, if the GM's device kills everyone in its radius, then you'll all die from the NYC explosion shortly after defusing the bomb in Millenium city, and never know that there wouldn't have been any future selves to summon you :D

I'm a little confused by TheRavenIs' latest post, actually. We're really going to suffer the effects of both bombs? Or was something else meant by "fall-out"?

Jaguar Pequeno would do her best to get the bomb out of the major metropolitan area at least as she is completely unsuited for bomb disarming. She would send out the warning to other teams in the NYC area about what is happening.

Quantum strips out the Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxegen out of the compunds in the bomb ruining any mutagenic compound. If it's an energy emitter he'll strip out several comductive atoms out of the emitters and power systems. Then he'll perform a massive distance teleport and lather/rinse repeat.

The effect of the bombs the C does stop will be felt by them no matter what happens. The device isn't designed to kill but mutant humanity.

Okay, now I am officially confused.

"You have no idea if the mutagenetic effect will kill everyone or that they will all be transformed, you do know that your C will be effected or killed."

So we DO know that it is only intended to mutate (non-lethally) humanity, but we aren't sure what it'll do to us? Unpredictable results for mutants; I can accept that. What I don't understand is how we can "stop" it and still have it affect us. How are we "stopping" it then? Do we just confine the radius of the blast zone?

Okay, now I recall something that QofS can do that'll tweak the GM's nose! :sneaky:

Queen of Spades can safely detonate the one in Vibora Bay, by utilizing one of her currently empty pocket dimensions. (This is how she stores her Armor, Scepter, and Jack of Diamonds when they're not in use.) She seriously doubts she'll ever open that dimension ever again, so she makes a mental note to alter her suit's circuitry to keep it closed.

Then she makes a call to NYC and let them know about the other bomb.

Okay, now I am officially confused.

"You have no idea if the mutagenetic effect will kill everyone or that they will all be transformed, you do know that your C will be effected or killed."

So we DO know that it is only intended to mutate (non-lethally) humanity, but we aren't sure what it'll do to us? Unpredictable results for mutants; I can accept that. What I don't understand is how we can "stop" it and still have it affect us. How are we "stopping" it then? Do we just confine the radius of the blast zone?

Sorry will try to explian. The stopping of the device means it doesn't go off. The being effected is that the way it is designed the C will be.

The PC can disarm the device. The mutagenetic will effect the PC' date=' no matter what.[/quote']

So . . . let's say I disarm Device A.

Does the mutagenic from Device B still affect me? How about the mutagenic from Device A?

Will other people be affected by Device A after I disarm it?