What I learned playing a blaster!

Adventus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What I learned playing a blaster!

If you can fly, HAYMAKER.

It's an easy +4 DCs, and those range penalties that you have PSLs to take care of are driving you opponent's OCV through the floor.

D'oh!!

Goes to show you that I haven't really played all that much since 5E... been pretty much GMing only... Hadn't even thought of that, even though I know about the "new" Haymaker rules!

Soundwave will not be Haymakering when possible!!!

Knockback is your friend.

Seriously. Double-KB is a stop-sign for a reason. Sure, it's +3/4 worth of advantage, but you don't have to take DEF off of the body involved.

A 7d6 2x KB attack will, on average, knock your opponent back 7". That's a bonus 7d6 damage right there, if you've got a wall handy. And if there's a cliff or skyscraper handy... well, what's the terminal velocity of the enemy brick again? :D

No matter what' date=' whether you fly or not, whether you have incredible speed or not, whether or not you can see it coming; once in every fight, someone will drop a [i']building[/i] on the blaster's head.

Or a car, or a bank vault (door?), or a telephone pole...

Unless your name is Kamikazi! Then' date=' by all means... go first.[/b']:stupid:

Been there far too many times to remember.

I recall my first long-term character... Electro. Of course, he was overconfident. Of course he had more movement than most of the rest of the team. Of course he spent more time unconscious, recovering from his foolishness than he spent fighting...

But he was never hit with Electricity or Light based attacks (because he had absorption on those SFX!)

Learn to test your GM's boundaries for how many times you'll get away with reaaally long range attacks to deal with your foes! Then up the ante by buying a pair of binoculars to allow you to target things even further away and watch your GM's disapproval blossom. :)

No matter how high-tech you are, if the fool carrying you never does any maintenance beyond changing your charge cells, you'll eventually start to jam, misfire, or just blow up in his hand.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary keeps saying I need to buy penalty skill levels against missing the point......

If you call yourself an Energy Projector and everyone else calls you a Blaster' date=' you probably have more experience than they do... use it.[/b']

(Old Skool time again.... and I don't do MMPORGS)

BWAAAHAHAHAHA!!! I am so right there with you!

Want a bunch of trick shots, but don't want the multipower (maybe because all your powers are tied up in an EC)? Check out page 74 of UMA and think real hard.

Zen Riflery sets an amazing precedent.

4pts buys you basic shot, which gives you 2 DCs that you don't have to spend END for along with a free +2 range PSLs.

Quick shot also costs 4pts and gives the same DC bonus with a +1 to hit.

Leg shot let's you trip people with your energy blast, which is great when the KB just isn't going your way (don't forget the extra dice your rolling for using these maneuvers, it's why they're so cheap).

Ranged Disarm lets you turn all those DCs into STR dice (w/+15 from the maneuver) for disarming those pesky Viper agents with homing rounds.

Remember. The "Ultimates" are more penultimate. They give you a lot, but there's always more that can be done.

Want a bunch of trick shots' date=' but don't want the multipower (maybe because all your powers are tied up in an EC)? Check out page 74 of UMA and think real hard.[/b']

Zen Riflery sets an amazing precedent.

4pts buys you basic shot, which gives you 2 DCs that you don't have to spend END for along with a free +2 range PSLs.

Quick shot also costs 4pts and gives the same DC bonus with a +1 to hit.

Leg shot let's you trip people with your energy blast, which is great when the KB just isn't going your way (don't forget the extra dice your rolling for using these maneuvers, it's why they're so cheap).

Ranged Disarm lets you turn all those DCs into STR dice (w/+15 from the maneuver) for disarming those pesky Viper agents with homing rounds.

Remember. The "Ultimates" are more penultimate. They give you a lot, but there's always more that can be done.

Use this advice and get yourself some ranged Martial Arts. Extra DCs couldn't hurt either - sure they don't add to your range, but they don't cost END either.