Hero Talk Magazine

The Doctor

In my groups campaign I've reintroduced Hero Talk Magazine from Aaron Alstons "Strikeforce" supplement so I've decided to create the actual covers and certain key articles as Sheri Taylor and her wacky staff will start to play a more prominent roleand the magazine is a cool visual aid. I'm still in the rough stages, but I wanted to post my current issues and see if there are improvement I can make. If anyone likes it I might post more as we continue on in our sessions.

Doctor?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hero Talk Magazine

Nice job on the two new issues T.D.

The S.C.E.P.T.R.E. II article has me (and Forrester) concerned, though. :angst:

Oh yeah, repped. :thumbup:

Oooohhhh!!!! My friend there are months and months of interesting gameplay on the horizon........I'll see you Sunday afternoon.

Issue Title: "Father's Day"

Looks like a magazine I (or my characters) would read. Very nice. :)

Thanks, I don't know if you'd be interested, but I also wrote a couple articles and interviews. I'll attach one and you can let me know what you think. This is the Old School article from Issue 147 with Dynamo, Dr. Powers and the Bullet

ps: I am not a writer or an english teacher, but the errors in Bullets speech pattern were on purpose.

The Doctor

Great interview Doctor. It's so cool to read about characters talking about your own character. :)

And Dr. Powers hit it right on the head. Jeff (aka SCEPTRE) truly has the Golden Age spirit; although there are moments when a bit of the Bronze Age shows through, due to the fact that the world isn't as black and white as he would like it to be. Jeff probably was a Golden Ager in his previous life.

I've been collecting these pics from various artist sights for the last 5 or 6 years much like Aylwin13. I like cover art, landscape and action shots or more to the point statement pictures so I go to comicartcommunity.com/gallery/index.php or just about any other place with pics that inspire you. I really like your editorials and it's a great site. If you added a couple well placed pics that would be incredible!

The Doctor

• 2 weeks later...

New Issues

These are the latest issues for Hero Talk in my campaign. I made it a bimonthly mag so it two issues per campaigned month. I tried to correct a lot of the problems in the past with the covers and my color schemes. Please let me know if you see something, your input is invaluable. I did the covers but haven't figured out which articles to write yet, so if anyone has any preference just let me know or even if you just have a cool idea for a cover.

Thanks,

The Doctor

Dude, I made the cover of Hero Talk. That's even better than being on the cover of Rolling Stone.

I'm not sure how Jeff (Forrester, aka SCEPTRE) is going to handle this. It's a huge piece of publicity, but he already puts way too much pressure on himself to live up to the reputation of the hero. This will only add to that pressure, by placing him more squarely in the public's eye. Oh well, just part of being a hero I guess. :)