Kim Possible - Modern Day Pulp Heroine?

Steve

When you look at the elements in the show: a brilliant, tough heroine who's the daughter of a rocket scientist and a neurosurgeon, an arsenal of gadgets, her silly sidekick, and over the top villains with weird science and world-conquering plots, it seems like modern day pulp. Anyone else notice this?

How many points would you use to build characters in a campaign to simulate this series? I'm thinking 100+100 for Kim, at least.

Re: Kim Possible - Modern Day Pulp Heroine?

Well, you can see how Mike "Susano" Surbrook designed the characters:

Kim Possible

Ron Stoppable

Discounting using points for gadgetry, you and Mike seem to be in the same ballpark.

Hay, Ron Stoppable's character sheet is titled Kim Possible!

Is there something we should know?? :sneaky:

Well, you can see how Mike "Susano" Surbrook designed the characters:

Kim Possible

Ron Stoppable

Discounting using points for gadgetry, you and Mike seem to be in the same ballpark.

Since when is Rufus Ron's DNPC though? Has he ever rescued Rufus from anything? Now Rufus rescues the guys all the time.

Ron, and Rufus, should both have Tai Shing Pek Kwar (Monkey Kung Fu); perhapse on an activation as Ron has mentioned "it kind of comes and goes."

Ron does have two nemesises of his own that could qualify as hunteds, Monkey Fist and Gill.

(Rufus' arch foe is, of course, Commodore Puddles.)

A while back, between surgeries, I was extremely laid up and medicated. When you are stuck in bed 24/7 you watch a lot of TV. Especially if you are medicated to the point that you can't read. So I watched a lot of KP. I have the cutest little chihuahua, Casey.

I had dreams that Casey and I were on KP missions. Casey and I would frequently be climbing up mountains and things to enter Dr Drakken's lair.

Shrug.

Nobody ever said I was normal.

Here's a question on Ron. He pretty much has a Reputation as Kim's sidekick, which frequently causes their enemies to dismiss him as almost beneath notice. Would "Reputation: Kim's sidekick" be a Disadvantage in this case? He can never really impress the bad guys it seems, and most of them can't even seem to remember his name. Draken is a perfect example, since while he usually focuses his attentions on dealing with Kim, Ron is usually an afterthought of his. "Where's the buffoon?" is one of my favorite Draken quotes concerning Ron.

A while back, between surgeries, I was extremely laid up and medicated. When you are stuck in bed 24/7 you watch a lot of TV. Especially if you are medicated to the point that you can't read. So I watched a lot of KP. I have the cutest little chihuahua, Casey.

I had dreams that Casey and I were on KP missions. Casey and I would frequently be climbing up mountains and things to enter Dr Drakken's lair.

Shrug.

Nobody ever said I was normal.

Bed ridden out of the closet guy having dreams where he and his little dog take the place of a female adventurer and her plucky sidekick? Heck, that's more than normal, that's a genre trope. ;)

Kim Possible (and Ron Stoppable !) Pulp heros ? Boo YA !:)

Personally I always envisaged them more as superheroes' date=' but it's all good.[/quote']

I'll split the difference with you, KP is a James Bond level superagent. Shego and her sibs seem to be the only ones in the series with nonfocused metahuman abilities (if you ignore the corssover with Lilo and Stitch).

I'll split the difference with you' date=' KP is a James Bond level superagent. Shego and her sibs seem to be the only ones in the series with nonfocused metahuman abilities (if you ignore the corssover with Lilo and Stitch).[/quote']

There is at least one mutation (Gill the lake guy) and, well, Lord Monkey Fist isn't exactly your regular guy...

We're hair-splitting of course, but plenty of the characters in this setting are wierder than most of the folks Batman runs into!

What it really means is that the various genres overlap. No great surprise there.

There is at least one mutation (Gill the lake guy) and, well, Lord Monkey Fist isn't exactly your regular guy...

We're hair-splitting of course, but plenty of the characters in this setting are wierder than most of the folks Batman runs into!

What it really means is that the various genres overlap. No great surprise there.

Yup. Also that the Pulp genres (and the Pulps were a multiple genre medium, something that gets pushed to the back sometimes) flow pretty smoothly into the various modern Action and Mystery genres, including Superheroes.

When you look at the elements in the show: a brilliant' date=' tough heroine who's the daughter of a rocket scientist and a neurosurgeon, an arsenal of gadgets, her silly sidekick, and over the top villains with weird science and world-conquering plots, it seems like modern day pulp. Anyone else notice this?[/quote']

Are you describing Kim Possible or Buckaroo Banzai?

Keith ":)" Curtis

Here's a question on Ron. He pretty much has a Reputation as Kim's sidekick' date=' which frequently causes their enemies to dismiss him as almost beneath notice. Would "Reputation: Kim's sidekick" be a Disadvantage in this case? He can never really impress the bad guys it seems, and most of them can't even seem to remember his name. Draken is a perfect example, since while he usually focuses his attentions on dealing with Kim, Ron is usually an afterthought of his. "Where's the buffoon?" is one of my favorite Draken quotes concerning Ron.[/quote']

Hmmmm..."The Ron Factor"....

I might write it up as a "weird talent" (for Pulp purposes):

Invisibility -- Only against "villains" and Only in combat situations....

So. That would be (basically):

Invisibility - No concious control (-2) - Reduced END, 0 END (+1/2)

Combine that with the "Dumb Luck Skill" as mentioned in the build by

:hail: Mike "Susano" Surbrook and I think that might just simulate the

"Ron Factor" that Global Justice was so interested in......:D

Opinions ?

-Carl-

Wow. I didn't know he'd written them up. It seems I must check his site more frequently for characters. :)

I didn't. Someone sent them to me.

However, checking my site is a good idea when looking for character.

And I accept submissions of just about anything (adapted from fictional sources).