Kim Possible - Modern Day Pulp Heroine?

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Re: Kim Possible - Modern Day Pulp Heroine?

This also explains why Kim's mom was as capable as Kim, when they went on a mission together! Pulp heroine inheriting incredible skills from their bloodline? Does it get any more pulp? And the fact that even the vile bad guys (Duff Killigan, Shego and Dr. Drakken) have expressed disgust that the heroine lied to her parents, even though they regularly construct death rays.

Come to think of it, this explains Kigo. (That is to say, the most popular pairing of any two characters from the show, in the KP fandom, was Kim Possible/Shego. Otherwise known as Kigo.) Because, the Hero in Pulp always hits it off with the femme fatale/evil princess. So just because they are both female, and therefore we know Disney won't let it go anywhere, there still seems like there is a subtext because the idea of Protagonist/Hench-Woman relations is so well ingrained in the pulp style.

• 1 year later...

This also explains why Kim's mom was as capable as Kim, when they went on a mission together! Pulp heroine inheriting incredible skills from their bloodline? Does it get any more pulp? And the fact that even the vile bad guys (Duff Killigan, Shego and Dr. Drakken) have expressed disgust that the heroine lied to her parents, even though they regularly construct death rays.

Come to think of it, this explains Kigo. (That is to say, the most popular pairing of any two characters from the show, in the KP fandom, was Kim Possible/Shego. Otherwise known as Kigo.) Because, the Hero in Pulp always hits it off with the femme fatale/evil princess. So just because they are both female, and therefore we know Disney won't let it go anywhere, there still seems like there is a subtext because the idea of Protagonist/Hench-Woman relations is so well ingrained in the pulp style.

And Kim's grandma was even more capable. Plus she created those lemon squares that completly captivated Dr Draken !

Come to think of it' date=' this explains Kigo. (That is to say, the most popular pairing of any two characters from the show, in the KP fandom, was Kim Possible/Shego. Otherwise known as Kigo.) Because, the Hero in Pulp always hits it off with the femme fatale/evil princess. So just because they are both female, and therefore we know Disney won't let it go anywhere, there still seems like there is a subtext because the idea of Protagonist/Hench-Woman relations is so well ingrained in the pulp style.[/quote']

Both Kim and Shego are the only girls in their family with multiple brothers. In many ways they are each the sister the other always wanted.

If anyone is interested, the first two seasons of the series are now available for purchase from Disney on DVD. I have them on order. :)

They are only available for members of Disney's Movie Club though.

When will the rest of us "mere mortals" be able to purchase them ?

I'll split the difference with you' date=' KP is a James Bond level superagent. Shego and her sibs seem to be the only ones in the series with nonfocused metahuman abilities (if you ignore the corssover with Lilo and Stitch).[/quote']

a kim possible-lilo and stich crossover?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually the guy that sent them to Susano long ago. They were written up before the series had completed it's initial run so they don't reflect some of the stuff we saw later (like Ron's on again/off again ability with Mystic Monkey Kung-Fu).

If I had it to do over again I'd have Ron pay points for Rufus. Maybe I should update...... I always kinda wanted to write up the villains just so I could List Ron as Lord Monkeyfist's hunted. If you really examine the episodes from MonkeyFist's point of view Ron was a much bigger deal than Kim.