Vampires in Supers Setting

Vestnik

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Vampires in Supers Setting

For most of the fights I mentioned Dracula was not powered up' date=' nor had any major cheese added to him. He just used the powers that he had intelligently. Now of course if you know his weaknesses he can be easily driven off.[/quote']

You don't have to be powered up to win or make a good showing in a comic book super fight. You just need the writer on your side; after that, it's cake. ;)

You don't have to be powered up to win or make a good showing in a comic book super fight. You just need the writer on your side; after that' date=' it's cake. ;)[/quote']

Well yes of course, but that doesn't translate well into game stats. ;)

On a more serious note, does anybody think that Imhotep [either Karloff's version or the one from the remake] would make a decent threat to a superhero, if played right?

Not the Karloff version, no. That Mummy was a classic pulp mastermind with a rather gruesome origin.

Imhotep from the recent Mummy films would be a threat to a whole team of superheroes. Superhuman strength, true immortality, desolidification (sand form), life-draining, command of the Biblical plagues of Egypt, undead servants, large-scale mind control, massive mastery of the elements, and in the second film, psychokinesis. Throw in the army of Anubis and you have a challenge for most hero teams.

Well yes of course, but that doesn't translate well into game stats. ;)

On a more serious note, does anybody think that Imhotep [either Karloff's version or the one from the remake] would make a decent threat to a superhero, if played right?

Not the Karloff version, no. That Mummy was a classic pulp mastermind with a rather gruesome origin.

Actually I think the Karloff version could work very well in the right campaign. Make him the head of a Demonhame or the leader of a cult and set him loose to do all sorts of Evil. Don't make the fight the point of the adventure, or give him the mojo to make it interesting.

I agree that the Imhotep version is a very good Supers level direct threat.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas everyone.

With respect to Frankie's Monster, I just don't see giving him super Brick-level STR without totally mutilating the book and/or movie (the latter of course having thoroughly mutilated the former itself). The Monster is a basically a reanimated corpse (or bunch of corpses). He's not throwing around tanks.

I had reinvented him as a gadgeteer using Steampunk Victorian technology, postulating that he had returned to Victor's lab after returning from the Arctic and doing some studying. Plus his amped-up stats (I gave him I think a 40 STR, a bit high for the book but not outrageous). And a LOT of points on skills and languages (the Monster in the book is on the brilliant side).

Actually I think the Karloff version could work very well in the right campaign. Make him the head of a Demonhame or the leader of a cult and set him loose to do all sorts of Evil. Don't make the fight the point of the adventure, or give him the mojo to make it interesting.

I agree that the Imhotep version is a very good Supers level direct threat.

Well as I recall the Karloff movie he did have a fairly nasty killing attack. If memory serves he could magically kill enemies from afar via his scrying pool, though I cannot remember wether or not it took a lot out of him or not.

Thanks for the feedback and ideas everyone.

With respect to Frankie's Monster, I just don't see giving him super Brick-level STR without totally mutilating the book and/or movie (the latter of course having thoroughly mutilated the former itself). The Monster is a basically a reanimated corpse (or bunch of corpses). He's not throwing around tanks.

I had reinvented him as a gadgeteer using Steampunk Victorian technology, postulating that he had returned to Victor's lab after returning from the Arctic and doing some studying. Plus his amped-up stats (I gave him I think a 40 STR, a bit high for the book but not outrageous). And a LOT of points on skills and languages (the Monster in the book is on the brilliant side).

Well, you could always give the Monster the Van Helsing treatment.

Just dont forget to give him a metric boatload of Swinging :idjit:

back on the vampire topic...

one of my favorite semiclassic vampire movies has always been Hammer's Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter, which among other things had a GREAT line to use for reinterpreting classical vampires...

"You see, doctor, there are as many species of vampire as there are beasts of prey. Their methods and their motive for attack can vary in a hundred different ways." -Hieronymous Grost

"As are the methods of their destruction!" -Captain Kronos

Here's my try at a superhero Vampire - He kept wanting to turn into a SuperVillain of massive proportions, but I've managed to stranglehold him into roughly the right range..

Skipped the Disads, but those are pretty traditional. Left the background skills blank, cuz that's Player Preference. Took A few liberties putting Life support and Regeneration in an EC, but it's a tight group that's litererarily correct, GM should allow it..

Didn't focus on Blood Drinking powers and drawbacks because he's a PC who probably doesn't drink from humans anymore - animals, blood banks, mystic blood producing talisman.. His wierdness about blood can be accurately modeled with the right Disads, rather than being combat related..

Player:

Val Char Cost

25 STR 15

20 DEX 30

25 CON 30

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

15 EGO 10

20 PRE 10

16 COM 3

15 PD 10

10 ED 5

5 SPD 20

10 REC 0

50 END 0

41 STUN 0

10" RUN 8

2" SWIM 0

5" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 154

Cost Power

65 Vampire Powers: Multipower, 65-point reserve

6u 1) Shape Shift: Swarm Of Bats, Wolf, Swarm Of Rats, Mist Form: Multiform (250 Character Points in the most expensive form) (Instant Change, x4 Number Of Forms) (65 Active Points)

6u 2) Summon Creatures Of The Night: Summon 2 217-point Swarm Of Bats, Wolf, Swarm Of Rats, Expanded Class of Beings: Traditional Vampire Animal Servants Very Limited Group (+1/4) (60 Active Points)

6u 3) Hypnotic: Mind Control 8d6+1 (Human and Animal classes of minds), Telepathic (+1/4) (65 Active Points)

6u 4) Clouding Of The Mind: Invisibility to Sight, Hearing and Touch Groups , No Fringe, Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (60 Active Points)

3u 5) Bloody Strong: Aid Strength 6d6 (60 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Costs Endurance (-1/2)

3u 6) Bloody Fast: Aid Dex 6d6 (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2)

4u 7) Blood Healing: Healing BODY 6d6, Can Heal Limbs (65 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)

2u 8) Supernaturally Fast: Teleportation 10", Position Shift (25 Active Points); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4)

22 Traditional Vampire Powers: Elemental Control, 44-point powers

7 1) Immortal - Regenerate 1 Body Per Day To Ressurect: Healing 1 BODY, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (-2 3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Resurrection Only (-1/2), Leaves Blood Pool At Zero (-1/2)

22 2) Immortal: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (44 Active Points)

5 Body Of The Dead: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED)

5 Night Eyes: Infrared Perception (Sight Group)

3 Smell Fear: Tracking with Smell/Taste Group (10 Active Points); Only On Scared People Power loses almost all of its effectiveness (-2)

Powers Cost: 165

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver

Strength Of The Undead

4 1) Fast And Deadly: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort

4 2) Quick As A Viper: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 3) Claws Of The Predator / Vampires' Kiss: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, HKA 2d6

3 4) Embrace Of The Grave: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Two Limbs, 45 STR for holding on

4 5) Casual Slap: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, 9d6 Strike

4 6) Prayers Cannot Help You (Choke Hold): 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 3d6 NND

8 7) Creature Of The Night (+2 HTH DCs)

Martial Arts Cost: 31

Cost Skill

9 Deadly Foe :+3 with Martial Maneuvers

3 Whoever You Want Me To Be :Acting 13-

3 Charming :Conversation 13-

3 Numb The Mind :Persuasion 13-

3 Call To The Soul :Seduction 13-

3 Still As The Grave :Concealment 12- (Self Only, -1/2)

3 Silent As The Dead :Stealth 13-

3 Hunter Of The Night :Shadowing 12-

Skills Cost: 30

Cost Talent

12 Supernaturally Tough :Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

Talents Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 392

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 192

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

=======================

And his Swarm Of Bats Summon - For his Multiform version, beef up the stats with the extra points..

====================

Player:

Val Char Cost

-25 STR -35

20 DEX 30

10 CON 0

10 BODY 0

8 INT -2

5 EGO -10

20 PRE 10

2 COM -4

3 PD 3

3 ED 1

5 SPD 20

2 REC 0

20 END 0

15 STUN 0

0" RUN -12

0" SWIM -2

0" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: -1

Cost Power

40 Swarm Effect: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Not Vrs Area Effect Attacks (-1/2)

40 Swarm Effect II: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Not Vrs Area Effect Attacks (-1/2)

24 Swarm Effect III: Desolidification , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Does Not Protect Against Damage (-1), Cannot Pass Through Solid Objects (-1/2)

13 Black, Leathery Wings: Flight 10" (20 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)

15 Scree! Scree! Scree!: Active Sonar (Hearing Group)

6 Sensitive Ears: +3 PER with Hearing Group

40 Theres Too many Of Them!!: +8 with DCV

7 Agile Flyer: +2 with DCV (10 Active Points); Only While Flying (-1/2)

103 Swarmed!: Change Environment 4" radius, -3 to Hearing Group PER Rolls, -3 to Sight Group PER Rolls, -3 to Radar PER Rolls, -3 to Combat Sense PER Rolls, +1 Points of Damage, +1 Points of Telekinetic STR, -3 DCV, -3 OCV, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (154 Active Points); No Range (-1/2)

15 You Never Know They're There Untill...: Concealment 21- (23 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)

6 Agile Flyers: Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED)

19 Silent Flyers: Stealth 21-

Powers Cost: 328

Total Character Cost: 327

Pts. Disadvantage

25 Distinctive Features: Huge Swarm Of Icky Bats (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Physical Limitation: Animal Intelligence (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Poor Eyesight (-3 Sight PER rolls) (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Very Limited Manipulation (Frequently, Greatly Impairing)

20 Psychological Limitation: Aversion To Sunlight (Common, Total)

20 Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Light Based Sight Group Flash Attacks (Common)

Disadvantage Points: 110

Base Points: 217

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

=============================

His wolf form should be a good tracker, his swarm of Rats form is similar to the Swarm Of Bats but can crawl into cracks of armor to attack people, and his mist form is immune to anything but Holy attacks - I was also toying with a high dice mind control, dependant on him flowing into someones body.. Will work it up if anyones interested..

-CraterMaker

Yeah, that's the effect I was looking for - Mostly used cinematically for REALLY making someone feel isolated (even in a crowded room)- it's also useful for saving innocents or nasty combat surprises.. I think I made a boo-boo giving him Touch as one of the sense groups. I was trying to give him the effect of taking wine off a waiters tray while invisible and no one really noticing anything.. that sort of thing. Probly coulda just let his mind control take care of that, but I was trying to be elegant..

-CraterMaker

Now' date=' can you find a legitimate 350 point vampire "hero"?[/quote']

There was one posted up thread. Not that hard to put together: Decide on the minimum stats and power set needed to qualify as a vampire in a setting, lay those down as a template, use any leftover points for skills and fine tuning, and come up with a back story. If you're using the HSB write up as your starting point he'll be kind of low powered compared to other vamps, unless the GM allows heavy framework use for the powers.

There was one posted up thread.
Really? I must have missed that. Going through the thread a second time, the closest I saw was a 392 vampire with a questionable Multipower. If it's part of a link, I missed it as well (saw different links, but not one to a 350 vampiric hero).

The Digital Hero one was almost acceptable (though on 250), however, I think a Vampire should have >20 Strength and probably 35 or less. (Ancient ones could be different, but 31-32 is a nice starting place for a Vampiric Hero IMHO.)

I have created a vampire who masqueraded as a mentalist, but was turned down for a Vibora Bay campaign. I may try something like that again, where the PC has a "public/known" sensitivity to sunlight (Hartnup disease?). (The same disease the children possessed in "The Others.")

Really? I must have missed that. Going through the thread a second time, the closest I saw was a 392 vampire with a questionable Multipower. If it's part of a link, I missed it as well (saw different links, but not one to a 350 vampiric hero).

The Digital Hero one was almost acceptable (though on 250), however, I think a Vampire should have >20 Strength and probably 35 or less. (Ancient ones could be different, but 31-32 is a nice starting place for a Vampiric Hero IMHO.)

I have created a vampire who masqueraded as a mentalist, but was turned down for a Vibora Bay campaign. I may try something like that again, where the PC has a "public/known" sensitivity to sunlight (Hartnup disease?). (The same disease the children possessed in "The Others.")

Didn't notice that the character was 392 points, and I don't worry about "questionable" constructs unless I'm planning to use a character in my campaign. ;)

I'd build a template for basic Vampires in my game:

VAMPIRE BASICS

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

20 CON 20 13-

15 BODY 10 12-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

10 EGO 0 11- ECV: 3

10 PRE 0 11- PRE Attack: 2d6

10 COM 0 11-

10 PD 4 Total: 10 PD (5 rPD)

10 ED 6 Total: 10 ED (5 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 0

40 END 0

40 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 100

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 6"/12"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

Vampiric Traits

5 1) Undead Flesh: Damage Resistance (5 PD/5 ED)

30 2) Feels No Pain: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

25 3) Always Comes Back: Healing 1 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 ¼), Self Only (-½)

Notes: Cutting off head stops Ressurection

44 4) Already Dead: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing)

7 5) Bite: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 1 point (½d6 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (7 Active Points)

5 6) Vampire's Eyes: Nightvision

20 7) Vampire's Nose: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost) Discriminatory with Smell/Taste Group (Real Cost: 10) plus Tracking with Smell/Taste Group (Real Cost: 10)

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 136

Total Cost: 236

200+ Disadvantages

15 Social Limitation: Vampire, if word gets out faces hunting and worse (Occasionally, Severe)

10 Distinctive Features: Walking Dead Man, unaturally pale skin, fangs, no heart beat or respiration (Concealable by Recent Feeding; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Simple Tests and Common Senses)

5 Physical Limitation: Medicine is useless, can't eat or drink normal food, must survive on fresh blood (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

15 Enraged - Blood Lust: Berserk Sight or smell of fresh Blood when has not recently fed (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-

Total Disadvantage Points: 236

That leaves 114 points to customize the character in a 350 point game, enough for a good range of powers.

With respect to Frankie's Monster' date=' I just don't see giving him super Brick-level STR without totally mutilating the book and/or movie (the latter of course having thoroughly mutilated the former itself). The Monster is a basically a reanimated corpse (or bunch of corpses). He's not throwing around tanks.[/quote']

The "reanimated corpse" thing is really a Hollywood invention. There's nothing in the original novel to indicate that Frankenstein gathered body parts to build his monster. IMHO the process he describes, although somewhat sketchy, sounds more like the growing of a homonculous. The monster itself is a fairly proportionately-shaped giant (well over seven feet tall), with unusual features including "watery" yellow eyes. It doesn't sound like something you could cobble together out of the local graveyard.

And there's a lot of room between normal human strength and throwing tanks. ;)

:eg: And to think. There's going to be several vamps in my campaign. Each at a different level. The most powerful is going to be, Professor Meurte! :eg:

I agree that the "classic" vampire is a little on the weak side in terms of combat abilities in a supers campaign, but then again, Daredevil isn't superhumanly strong/agile/tough. Amp up the skills, and they're set to go.

I know it has already been said, but that's still my opinion.

Tell that to the X-Men, when they faced off against Dracula he curb stomped them and only Nightcrawler's faith enabled him to save the day. Dracula nearly killed Dr. Strange as well. 'Tis a silly super who underestimates the vampire.

Here's a site that should shed some light upon Dracula's Marvel exploits: http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/draculav.htm

Marvel Heroes, particularly the X-Men are notoriously wimpy.

I keed!

I keed!

And I will say this, Dracula was never as tough as he was for those encounters. They had to handwave "Magic" the whole time.

Marvel Heroes, particularly the X-Men are notoriously wimpy.

I keed!

I keed!

And I will say this, Dracula was never as tough as he was for those encounters. They had to handwave "Magic" the whole time.

Actually I think only the encounter with Thor and the Silver Surfer had magic assisting Dracula in anyway. Most of the encounters featured Dracula using his powers intelligently and to thier best effect. At least, that's the impression I got.

Actually I think only the encounter with Thor and the Silver Surfer had magic assisting Dracula in anyway. Most of the encounters featured Dracula using his powers intelligently and to thier best effect. At least' date=' that's the impression I got.[/quote']

Not me. Because Dracula casually...and I mean casually...caught Colossus' fist. And since even with Marve's "100"ton cap scale, Colossus was roughly 75 times Drac's strength I don't buy that. Basically Dracula said (iirc)that as he was a supernatural creature the laws of physics, even superhero physics, were not something he was beholden to.

of course that's a long time ago, I read it maybe a couple of times because I was never much of an X-fan. So I could be very very wrong. :D

Not me. Because Dracula casually...and I mean casually...caught Colossus' fist. And since even with Marve's "100"ton cap scale, Colossus was roughly 75 times Drac's strength I don't buy that. Basically Dracula said (iirc)that as he was a supernatural creature the laws of physics, even superhero physics, were not something he was beholden to.

of course that's a long time ago, I read it maybe a couple of times because I was never much of an X-fan. So I could be very very wrong. :D

Except there's no evidence anyplace that Dracula WAS that much weaker then Collosus. In fact the only canon evidence we have of Dracula's strength versus that of Collosus is when Dracula blocks his punch, indicating simply that Dracula IS stronger then Collosus. Not hard to belive really.

Also, let's not forget that none of the X-Men's powers fall into the category of 'stuff that hurts vampires.' Taking that and Dracula's experience, he HAS lived centuries after all, it's not hard to belive that he could clobber the X-Men.

Here is my attempt at a 350 Vampire.

I am using the template from DH #6

How is this? Good vs Street level or able to go 4-color?

GOTHIC

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

20 STR 10 13- Lift 400.0kg; 4d6; [2]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV 7 DCV 7

15 CON 10 12-

10 BODY 0 11-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

11 EGO 2 11- ECV: 4

20 PRE 10 13- PRE Attack: 4d6

14 COM 2 12-

15 PD 11 Total: 15 PD (10 rPD)

8 ED 5 Total: 8 ED (5 rED)

4/6 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

8 REC 2

30 END 0

28 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 95

Movement: Running: 6"/18" / 12"/36"

Swimming: 2" / 4"

Leaping: 4"

Flight: 10" / 40"

Teleportation: 10" / 20"

Cost Powers END

15 Blood Pool: Endurance Reserve (70 END, 10 REC) Reserve: (17 Active Points); REC: (10 Active Points); (Only replenishe when drinking blood; -1/4) Note: Drinking a glass of Blood or using Drink Blood will replenish Blood Pool 0

30 Blood Powers: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: All blood powers use Blood Pool for endurance costs.

1u 1) Claws : HKA 1d6+1 (2 1/2d6 w/STR) (20 Active Points); Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Nails lengthen, darken, and toughen till they can act like small daggers. 2

1u 2) Bite: HKA 1 point (1/2d6 w/STR), Penetrating (+1/2) (7 Active Points); Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Canines elongate 1

2u 3) Vampiric Strength: Aid STR 6d6 (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using the blood pool, Vivian can enhance her strength. 6

2u 4) Vampiric Reflexes: Aid DEX 6d6 (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using the blood pool, Vivian can enhance her reflexesand hand-eye coordination 6

1u 5) Vampiric Speed: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) Note: Using the blood pool, Vivian can increase her reaction time acting more often than normal. 2

2u 6) Self Healing: Healing BODY 5d6, Can Heal Limbs (55 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using the Blood Pool, Vivian can speed up her vampiric recuperative owers. 5

2u 7) Mesmerize: Mind Control 12d6 (60 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using Blood Pool and vampiric presence, Vivian can place a person into a hypnotic trance 6

2u 8) Entrance: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks Limited Group (+1/4), Works agains EGO not STR (+1/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense applies; +1) (50 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using Blood Pool and vampiric presence, Vivian can put someone into an entranced state where they can do nothing but look at her 5

2u 9) Looking into ones soul: Telepathy 12d6 (60 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using Blood Pool and her vampiric presence, Vivian can look into the soul of a person and read their inner most thoughts and feelings 6

1u 10) Vampiric Flight: Flight 10", x4 Noncombat (25 Active Points); Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using Blood Pool and force of will, Vivian can take to the air. Turning into a bat is for other clans or hollywood movies. 2

1u 11) Swiftness: Running +12" (6"/18" total) (24 Active Points); Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2) Note: Using Blood Pool, Vivian can increase her stamina and push herself to move faster than normal 2

1u 12) Vampiric Swiftness: Teleportation 10" (20 Active Points); Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4), Limited Power (Only when nobody is looking at her; -1/4) Note: Using Blood pool, Vivian is able to move fast enough that if nobody is looking at her she can appear to vanish from one location and appear at another. 2

2u 13) Passing the legacy: Major Transform 4d6 (Human to Vampire, Rituals) (60 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Limited Power (3x END in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Power (Activation roll of 11- in sunlight; -1/2), Limited Target Sentient beings (Humans and Animals) (-1/4) Note: Using blood pool, Vivian is able to pass the vampiric gene (Nat's term, not hers) to a person or animal that she nearly drains of all their blood 6

24 Drink Blood: RKA 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), No Normal Defense (No Blood or rPD +1; +1), Continuous (+1), Does BODY (+1) (67 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), No Range (-1/2) 0

13 Imortality: Healing 1 BODY, Resurrection, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (1 Body per day; -2 3/4), Self Only (-1/2), Limited Power (Blood pool is 0; -1/2) 0

35 Imortality: Life Support (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Self-Contained Breathing) 0

7 Vampiric Grip: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Linked (Claws ; -1/2) 0

7 Vampiric Toughness: Damage Resistance (10 PD/5 ED) 0

20 Vampiric Toughness: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power (Not vs Wood; -1/2) 0

20 Vampiric Toughness: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% (30 Active Points); Limited Power (Not vs fire; -1/2) 0

5 See in the dark: Nightvision 0

Perks

5 Money: Well Off

3 Contact: Sebastian (Very Good relationship with Contact) 8-

2 Contact: Natalie Lambert (Contact has access to major institutions) 8-

2 Contact: Nicholas Knight (Contact has access to major institutions) 8-

2 Contact: Janete DuCharm (Contact has useful Skills or resources) 8-

Talents

5 Lightning Reflexes: +3 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

3 Acting 13-

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Disguise 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

2 AK: Campaign City 11-

2 KS: Super Natural World 11-

2 KS: Vampire World 11-

10 +2 with HTH Combat

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 255

Total Cost: 350

200+ Disadvantages

10 Dependence: Blood Weakness: -3 To Characteristic Rolls and related rolls per time increment (Uncommon, 6 Hours)

10 Distinctive Features: Vampire (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Enraged: Sight/Smell of blood when blood reserve is 20 or less (Uncommon), go 14-, recover 11-

10 Physical Limitation: REC does not heal back body (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)

15 Physical Limitation: Stake through heart Paralyzes character and regeneration can not work while staked (Infrequently, Fully Impairing)

15 Psychological Limitation: Over Confident (Common, Strong) Note: Vivian needs to learn she is Imortal and heals quickly. She is not Invulnerable.

20 Psychological Limitation: Victim preference (Very Common, Strong) Note: Vivian will only use lethal force / feed from thoes who would attack her with force that would severly hurt / kill a normal person. To her if someone was willing to use lethal force on a person they had better be prepaired to have the same force used against them.

15 Social Limitation: Secret: Vampire (Frequently, Major)

10 Susceptibility: Waking from sleep/unconsciousness 2d6 Blood Reserve drain Instant (Uncommon) Note: It takes an effort (Blood Pool) to 'wake up' an undead corpse.

10 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x STUN Fire (Common)

15 Watched: 'The Community' 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Mildly Punish)

0 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 350

Background/History: Vivian returned home from college for the summer. There, she met up with her best friend Julia. They decided to reinact all thier old habits that vacation. One of them was to cut through the Junkyard.

Julia was looking for interesting pices of metal for her brother Max to use. Max sculpted metal and had two pieces up for sale in the local art store.

Vivian was talking about her class work and how she is still looking for a major. Maybe education.

Halfway through the junk yard they found something that they have never seen before. A Maniquine stakes to the ground with a shovel handle.

When they reached the maniquin they discovered that they were wrong. It was a man. And by his moving eyes, was still alive. Vivian was going through her purse for her celphone when she sees her friend trying to remove the wooden stake. By the time she asked her friend why, the man who looked like he would pass away at any moment Leaped up and attacked her friend. She screemed and ran.

Running between tow rows of stacked cars, Vivian thought she lost him when she did not see him behind her. That was because he was infront of her as her running into his chest has shown.

The last thing she rememberd was red eyes and a gentle voice saying sorry.

Vivian woke up on a beautyful four post bed wearing an elegant sleeping gown.

In a chair next to the bed sat the same man she remebered from the junk yard. But instead of a long duster and leather pants with shoulder length hair, He was in jeans and a T-Shirt with short hair parted at the left.

"I am very sorry my dear. You and your friend were found killed by a pack of Junk yard dogs. You had a beautyful funeral, the dogs found in the junk yard were put to sleep and your life in Ohio has come to an end. I could not control myself when your friend removed the stake, but I did regain ir when I fed from you. I gave you the oportunity to join your friend and past loved ones. You chose to return. You are now a vampire and have much to learn."

What followed was shock, fear, refusal, anger and slowly acceptence. She spent the next 5 years traveling form state to state with Sebastian, her Sire, to learn what was needed to survive as a vampire in the 20th century, how to hunt without killing, how to blend in with mortals and how to recreate oneself for staying in one place without aging can lead to problems. But Vivian had an advantage in this tat other vampire bloodlines did not. She could walk around in the sun.

When Sebastian felt Vivian has learned all that she needed to, he helped set her up in a new identity as owner of a book store while he set up nearby to keep an eye on his childe and to develope his hobby of botany some more.

Vivian was introduced to the local vampire comunity (Or supernatural community if games has other types of beings). One stop was The Raven, a night club run by an 'old' friend, Jannette DuCharme. Having a another female vampire to talk to and since she will be staying in the city. made friends with her. Hanging out with Jannette, Vivian eventually met Nick, a homicide detective. Nick was 'family' with Jannette and also, as she loathed to put it, an informer.

One evening, Nick stopped by to infor Jannette that Nat found a body yesterday it showed signs of being a fresh kill. someone was hunting, and leaving evidence. Nat found and hid the proof but the vampire was still oit there. Was there any new arivals or fledglings that might have done this?

Vivian over heard this and decided to help. Her sire was something called an Enforcer and the situation got to the point where he had to step in there would be trouble. So she lent a hand. This got her into closer contact with Nick and Natalie, the city coronor.

Being able to move around during the day helped and with the information Nick and Nat had, she was able to find the new arrival who wanted the old days and ways back were Vampires were lords of all they surveyed and humans were nothing but servants or food. They guy was a fanatic and there was only one way to handel him before he gathered a following. Twenty minutes later he was a pile of ash.

Viviann helps the community and the police. With her abilities and her gift of daywalking, (and being seen flying and doing some super natural stuff) like thoes costumed heroes do Vivian managed to get the witnesses and press to belive she is a new heroine in town