Justice League - July 5, 2003

Tempuswolf

Yea, more JL.

On Saturday, July 5th at 8:00 pm ET, C(artoon)N(etwork) will show two one-hour Superman: The Animated Series episodes, "Apokolips Now!" and "Legacy," followed by the world-premiere of "Twilight of the Gods," a new, one hour Justice League episode.
-Industry 411 Archive- May 2003

Boo, more waiting.

Justice League returns with more all-new episodes in October.

-Comics Continuum

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Redmenace

Thank you soooo much for the heads up. Sorry to hear about the further wait till October but any JL is very welcome. Can I infer Darkseid is involved in Twilight of the gods?

Yes and I've seen elsewhere that Bruce Timm who produced both shows hints that "Superman's brooding doubts" that served as a catalyst for the formation of JL comes to head as he returns full circle to confront Darkseid. It should be quite an evening for Supe and Darkseid fans alike.

I love Darkseid, unconditionally, and Superman but a confrontation involving Darkseid's behind the scenes intrigue matched against Batman's detective skills has me chomping at the bit.

What's the story with Apocalypse and New genesis, do they exist in the DC Universe or in some tangential space all their own? I wonder if the Green Lantern Corp is aware of Darkseid. You'd think they'd must be.

In the comics Martian Manhunter and Darkseid had a history as well. I doubt they will bring that into the cartoon as Darkseid is more of a Superman adversary.

The entire fight between Superman and Darkseid in Legacy was great. Apokalypse Now was also one of my favorite Superman episodes, especially Dan Turpin throwing a rock at Darkseid.

Definitaly looking forward to a new Justice League cartoon. Too bad the wait for anymore episodes will be until October.

Originally posted by Darth Sarcastic

I'm waiting for an episode with Captain Marvel. The creators of the JL keep promissing. I think I'm in for a really long wait.

Here's a list of second season episodes from Pazsaz Entertainment Network :

Twilight Of The Gods, Part 1 (Originally Aired 7/5/2003)

Twilight Of The Gods, Part 2 (Originally Aired 7/12/2003)

Only A Dream, Part 1

Only A Dream, Part 2

Tabula Rasa, Part 1

Tabula Rasa, Part 2

Maid Of Honor, Part 1

Maid Of Honor, Part 2

Hearts And Minds, Part 1

Hearts And Minds, Part 2

A Better World, Part 1

A Better World, Part 2

The Terror Beyond, Part 1

The Terror Beyond, Part 2

Eclipsed, Part 1

Eclipsed, Part 2

Hereafter, Part 1

Hereafter, Part 2

The Secret Society, Part 1

The Secret Society, Part 2

Comfort And Joy

Wild Card, Part 1

Wild Card, Part 2

Not being the Big Red Cheese's No. 1 fan, I can't tell if any of these will feature him just from the title alone.

Originally posted by Redmenace

What's the story with Apocalypse and New genesis, do they exist in the DC Universe or in some tangential space all their own? I wonder if the Green Lantern Corp is aware of Darkseid. You'd think they'd must be.

I am far from being a DC continuity nut, but as far as I know Apocalypse and New Genesis are in fact part of the DC universe. Darkseid and the GL corp were known to each other, but he is the legitimate ruler of his world and knew about their yellow vulnerability.

I think there is an out of continuity story where they tried to unseat him, but he had his minions painted yellow and had their weapons adjusted to fire yellow beams. It was not pretty.

I read an interview with one of the writers and it either said or strongly implied that the new season was starting in July. Made this announcment that it'll only be a 1 hr special very, very disappointing. They mentioned that it's been something like a year and a half since the old episodes and talked about how much better the stories would be because of the extra time spent on them. Frankly I felt the first season was excellent. I thought they also mentioned that they would have fewer guest heroes this season since the JLA has enough members with plenty of story opportunity.

But, I see that the Teen Titans will start next month on Cartoon Network. Not sure how good that show will be based on the little clips and commercials they've shown.

Originally posted by GestaltBennie

I hadn't heard of the Big Red Cheese scheduled for any eps this season.

From what I've heard, "Tabula Rasa" is an Amazo episode, "Only A Dream" is a Dr. Destiny episode. And it's probably safe to bet that "Eclipsed" is their Eclipso episode.

Scott Bennie

A few more guesses (based on other info I've heard about the upcoming season).

Comfort and Joy - Christmas special

Wild Card - Joker and Harley

Hearts and Minds - Despero?

John D.

Originally posted by dbcowboy

But, I see that the Teen Titans will start next month on Cartoon Network. Not sure how good that show will be based on the little clips and commercials they've shown.

Teen Titans, while also a Bruce Timm show, is marketed at (and thus written for) younger audiences. As such, I plan to watch it but my expectations are tempered. At the very least, it'll give me that "superhero cartoon" fix I seem to so desperately need until October when JL season 2 starts. :D

Chris

Originally posted by Morningstar

Now what about X-Men Evolution? Has anyone heard anything?

Huh. I'd assumed it was one of those shows that went for a season or two and went away. Aren't the episodes like 2 years old now? I have no knowledge that it's being made or not being made.

I'm recording the episodes. My 5-year-old daughter is so into the Justice League. It's great. She plays Wonder Woman frequently.

I just wish there was JL t-shirts or hats with *female* members on them. I only find kids ones with the male members of the League. :( I guess they assume only boys like superheroes.

.Huh. I'd assumed it was one of those shows that went for a season or two and went away. Aren't the episodes like 2 years old now? I have no knowledge that it's being made or not being made]

Apparently there were 4 episodes remaining in the current season and they were going to be shown about the time the X2 movie came out. They also were supposed to be renewed for another season. The last 4 have never shown up. The WB web site sucks and ther is no info there.

Does anyone know more?

Originally posted by JmOz

Barry, I know they make some (Shirts with Wonder Woman on them, however I think they have the more comic book look to them that the cartoon

My daughter wouldn't mind. I'm going to google and see if I can find a source. If you run across the one you're thinking of, I'd appreciate you letting me know.