Eurostar's current line up

Dominique

Re: Eurostar's current line up

Durak' date=' Fiacho, Ultrasonique, Scorpia, Mentella, Feuermacher[/quote']

THose I know about, but IIRC, CWW stated that they were on recruitment drive and and had picked up, or were about to add several new members. Of course I could be completely off my nut.

Sorry, I misunderstood your request there. The current linup has already been laid out. Der Schwarze Tod and Le Bouc are both considering Fiacho's offers, but are not a part of the team yet. He also wants Dinamo on the team, but has not been able to talk to her.

In addition, Fiacho has attempted to recruit Bestiario and Czarny Anielica. I don't belive these two actually have writups yet, so fortunatly his efforts have not gone well ;)

I miss Bora' date=' White Flame, The Whip, & Pantera.[/quote']

A little off the subject: For Eurostar in my campaign, Bora is still quite alive but there are rumors that Pantera was 'cured' and is fully normal.

When last I ran a super-hero game their line up consisted of Fiacho, Durak, Bora, Mentalla, White Flame, Pantera, and Ultrasonique. Pantera was psycho enough to be a liability in terms of operational security for a group whose operations are - theoretically - sophisticated, though. As a result, I upped her intelligence and turned her into more of a shrewd, psychotic serial-killer than a berserker ferral-slasher on the loose. I also moved the whip on to other things.

On the other hand, they might prove little match for Foxbat's Invincible League of Villainy: Foxbat, Grond, Firewing, and Gravitar (with a personality change). :D

And then there was that time Freddy laid his hands on Doctor Destroyer's spare suit of armor... Mwahahahahaha!!!!

My last use of Eurostar under 4E was with the Classic Enemies lineup, but with the more intelligent Pantera from Champions: New Millennium, so she fit in better. I also used the alternate version of the Whip from CNM, who had the much classier name of Scourge. The Whip/Scourge should not be underestimated IMHO; his abilities make him a good support member for a team.

Pantera was psycho enough to be a liability in terms of operational security for a group whose operations are - theoretically - sophisticated' date=' though. As a result, I upped her intelligence and turned her into more of a shrewd, psychotic serial-killer than a berserker ferral-slasher on the loose. I also moved the whip on to other things.[/quote']

I did something much similar with a home-brew villian group of mine and a lady named Tigress. She's a savage animal, but also deeply cunning. When not out with the team, she's very much the predator who uses stealth to hunt and kill her prey.

And then there was that time Freddy laid his hands on Doctor Destroyer's spare suit of armor... Mwahahahahaha!!!!

Now that is cruelty beyond the pale!

I admire that in a GM. :sneaky:

My last use of Eurostar under 4E was with the Classic Enemies lineup' date=' but with the more intelligent Pantera from [i']Champions: New Millennium[/i], so she fit in better. I also used the alternate version of the Whip from CNM, who had the much classier name of Scourge. The Whip/Scourge should not be underestimated IMHO; his abilities make him a good support member for a team.

I agree he's very dangerous if used correctly, but his personality didn't fit Eurostar very well, IMO.

I miss Bora' date=' White Flame, The Whip, & Pantera.[/quote']I definitely miss Pantera as she and White Flame are much better than their "replacement killers." Bora was neat as well. As far as the Whip goes, he was the one that was taken out first when our team(s) fought Eurostar.

I definitely miss Pantera as she and White Flame are much better than their "replacement killers." Bora was neat as well. As far as the Whip goes' date=' he was the one that was taken out first when our team(s) fought Eurostar.[/quote']

Against my group, being the first guy taken out (especially in a repeat encounter) would mean he's the most dangerous. The first battle against a group, they might not approach with a lot of planning. But the second? They'd target the guy most dangerous to them first, and take him or her down hard.

Against my group' date=' being the first guy taken out (especially in a repeat encounter) would mean he's the most dangerous. The first battle against a group, they might not approach with a lot of planning. But the second? They'd target the guy most dangerous to them first, and take him or her down hard.[/quote']To each their own. Considering we faced him twice and he fell first both times didn't mean he was the most dangerous, it meant he was apparently the easiest for us to take out.

EDIT: Much like Spider Monkey of the Asesinos. She didn't have great defenses (just DCV) and one hit is usually all it took to KO her. The 2nd time I was in a group that went up against them, there was a player who I hadn't gamed with during my first encounter with the Asesinos. He made a comment that not only was Spider Monkey one of the first to go out, but this encounter happened to be the first time she didn't die in the fight.

YMMV.

A throwaway comment by somebody on this board (Lord Liaden I think) is prompting me to write a little extra into the Eurostar background. Bora's not entirely dead, her mind lives on inside her lover, Mentala's mind.

Not exactly on topic, but it shows how you can turn the change in the roster to a plot point. Mind you, I'm already doing that with the resurection of Professor Muerte, setting up a Dark Kingdom clash with Eurostar.

You are not the first person to suggest something of this nature.

Were they actually a couple at some point or is this just wishful thinking on the part of the fans?

There was no reference to it in the published materials and, based on their personalities and eurostar's dynamics, there was more of a likelyhood of a viscious rivalry than a love relationship. (IMO)

Against my group' date=' being the first guy taken out (especially in a repeat encounter) would mean he's the most dangerous. The first battle against a group, they might not approach with a lot of planning. But the second? They'd target the guy most dangerous to them first, and take him or her down hard.[/quote']

Not necessarily. You might also target the easiest to take down, so as to reduce the number of opposition. IMO, its a balance. Your goal is to get ahead on the attrition exchange, which means putting down the most enemy power per time unit possible. You increase this by either focusing on more power per takedown, or less time per takedown.

For the record, against Eurostar 5e, I would tend to go in the order of Scorpia, Fiacho, Mentalla, Ultrasonique, Feuermacher, Durak. Scorpia is fragile and has the nasty NNDs, so she goes first. Fiacho is likewise fairly fragile, and is team leader. Mentalla and Ultrasonique both have odd attacks and additional options. Feuermacher goes later because he's weak offensively. Durak goes last, as he's the hardest to injure.

This can be jiggered a couple ways. If nobody on the team is susceptible to Scorpia's poison attacks, she can be left to last. If the team is low on mental defense, Mentalla jumps to number one. If OTOH, the team has powerful mental abilities, Durak jumps ahead alot, as a "take down" of him can consist of using him on his teammates.

I've kept both Eurostar and Terror Inc intact and separate. Of course this means I'm not using the current Eurostar from CKC but I do enjoy the new Fiacho's write-up more than the Enemies II write-up. I did tweak the new Fiacho a little I admit. In my campaign, Prof. Muerte is alive and well (booo! hiss! :)) and still with Giganto, Scorpia and Feur.

For the record, against Eurostar 5e, I would tend to go in the order of Scorpia, Fiacho, Mentalla, Ultrasonique, Feuermacher, Durak. Scorpia is fragile and has the nasty NNDs, so she goes first. Fiacho is likewise fairly fragile, and is team leader. Mentalla and Ultrasonique both have odd attacks and additional options. Feuermacher goes later because he's weak offensively. Durak goes last, as he's the hardest to injure.

This can be jiggered a couple ways. If nobody on the team is susceptible to Scorpia's poison attacks, she can be left to last. If the team is low on mental defense, Mentalla jumps to number one. If OTOH, the team has powerful mental abilities, Durak jumps ahead alot, as a "take down" of him can consist of using him on his teammates.

I think my group would take a similar approach, accelerating Mentalla due to a scarcity of mental defenses. I generally see the "most dangerous first" approach come out when the group has had difficulty against the opponents in the past (especially if they lost the first fight). Why did we lose? Because Scorpia and Mentalla were very effective against us. Next time, we take them down first.

My group's philosophy was always: "take down the opposing team's mentalist with extreme prejudice and then move on to the rest of them."

Against Eurostar 4E their priorities (dependent on circumstances) were generally: hit mentalla with everything they had, take down ultrasonique to protect their own mentalist, and then shift the focus to neutralizing Bora and White Flame (strategic rather than tactical assets).

With the 5 Eurostar I would expect them to do much the same, though the 5E team has far less in the way of "strategic assents." Bora is gone and Fuermacher can't compare to White Flame. As a result, Metalla is their prime "strategic asset."