City of Heroes (Champions of Champion)

MisterD

Hello.

I have been playing Champions since the boxed set.

I heard about City of Heroes/Villains SO I got the game.

How can there NOT be a Champions/Herogames Super group on the CHAMPION server?

Well. I fixed that. Anyone who enjoys champions is Welcome to the group. You do not have to play champions to join but If you have a Champions Homage character or managed to create your character on the server. you are welcome to join.

Look for Marc Ducorsky

PS: If this is in the wrong thread, I am sorry.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: City of Heroes (Champions of Champion)

Believe there are a few Hero related SG's on Champion, I Have one called "The Adventurers Club" , Know there is at least one more, also believe Eurostar is still a villian group in CoV.

Just Not sure how many Board members still play

I have to admit, I'm very interested in City of Heroes.. But I've avoided all online games because I just use a dial up connection. I allways figured you needed a cable modem to participate in order to avoid lag time -- am I incorrect on this assumption?

-CraterMaker

I have to admit, I'm very interested in City of Heroes.. But I've avoided all online games because I just use a dial up connection. I allways figured you needed a cable modem to participate in order to avoid lag time -- am I incorrect on this assumption?

-CraterMaker

you can...(i have used a dail up when traveling, addiction isn't pretty)

that being said, you will have 2 main probs;

1st

the initial download (and every major update) will be close enough to 2gigs to make a dail up at least an over night affair.

2nd

it will take up to several minutes to go thru doors (load new map sections).

not a prob when running solo, but not all teams will wait for you.

so, yes it is possible.

I went from COH forums beong born through early beta for COH to the COV beta and then basically dropped out. I enjoyed the game A LOT for a fairly long time...then lost all interest. Still looking for a good replacement.

I played it a bunch for about two months, then just kind of burnt out on it. I was working hard on grinding up the levels to try and get some new Issue 8 stuff, and then it dawned me I was was working. I felt like I needed to earn levels, like I had to spend a certain amount of time every day working on getting xp, etc, etc. My fun-time had turned into an obligation to "get my money's worth."

So, yeah. That day, I cancelled my account. Blech.

I love character creation, I have a blast levelling, I think the graphics are neat (for what it is), I think gameplay is fun (for what it is), and all that. I just can't afford to play something where I pay $15 a month for the priviledge of playing -- because then it feels like I have to play, or I'm "wasting" the money.

Yeah, I've been playing since May of 2004. We have a large SG called the JUSTICE F0RCE, which is comprised of a lot of the players from my Champions Campaign. I don't play as much as before, but I still find the game fun when my friends are online.

• 3 weeks later...

Lucky Stiff.

I've been playing in COH lately. Issue 8 brought some nice stuff and the detectives' names are hilarious. Starsky, Hutch, Crocket, Tubbs, and even the Mountie from the shortlived series.

but when I fialed to pay, I lost my @enforcer global. If any of my homies wanna play or my respected rivals (villains) want to do Pocket D missions. my new global chat is @Ithecles.

Did they ever add role-playing? I subscribed for a short time, but it was just the normal online game. Of course instead of "Run around aimlessly killing stuff and stealing the treasure", I "Ran around aimlessly getting into meaningless fights and "faux quests" for experience".

Play a bunch

on Champions I have4 Heroes and 4 villians.

On Pinnacle I have 2 Heroes,and 1 villian.

(And a few others scattered here and there)

My Global is @Psilancer

My Characters:

Champion: (all belong to the Scions)

Psilancer: a Kinetic/Psionic Def based losely on Lancer of PSI.

Arc-Angel: An Empathic/Energy Def

.Black Tyger: A Martial Arts/Super Senses Scrapper (losely based on Black Panther)

Ionic: Energy/ Invuln tanker

My Eurostar Members:

El Diablo Rojo: Dark/invuln Brute

Feuermacher: Fire/Fire Dominator

Skorpia: Martial Arts/ Regen stalker

also

Sister Diabolique: Mental/Psionic Dominator

On Pinnacle:

Miss Howler: Sonic/Energy Blaster (yes based of Howler, down to costume, look at pics below)

(from 1st to last: Howler, El Diablo, Feuermacher, Skorpia, Psilancer)

need to update pics.

my new global chat is @Ithecles.

I saw you on a couple of days oag, and was wondering who Ithecles was. I have you on globals.

And if you played Durak, that would put 4 characters that have been played in the last month. None of us are that frequent. (the highest level guy is 26.)