What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Amen.

Now, back on topic. After Ultraman, the gal and I are watching "Green Hornet, The - 75th Anniversary Original Serials Collector's Set " and "Phantom Empire"

I also noticed that Batman:TAS and Batman Beyond were on sale, so I bought the totality of both series.

Ultraman. These plot lines made a lot more sense when I was 7.

So, look at it with the eyes of a 7 year-old. Just run with it. Or, just shake your head and laugh at the zany antics.

Then again, I'm not sure I could watch too much of Ultraman these days either.

So, look at it with the eyes of a 7 year-old. Just run with it. Or, just shake your head and laugh at the zany antics.

Then again, I'm not sure I could watch too much of Ultraman these days either.

I watched 4 episodes and took a break. They were very dated, but much of it held the same charm as it did during my childhood. The girlfriend thought I was cute and watched and claimed to enjoy them. She's awfully nice to me.

Ultraman. These plot lines made a lot more sense when I was 7.

It's a children's show, so that makes complete sense.

When I worked my way through my set, I never watched more than two eps at a time to avoid the overkill factor. Took a break every couple of days too.

Trollhunter

TrollHunter.jpg

Watched this tonight. It's a Norwegian faux documentary about, umm, a trollhunter. Hans hunts trolls and giants (really big trolls) for the government. Kind of fun, kind of bizarre. Very dark visually and sometimes hard to make out the beasts, which suits the documentary style well. My TVs really too small to watch subtitled movies comfortably. It was interesting learning some Norwegian, though. "Ok" is the Norwegian word for "Ok" apparently. Who knew?

It's a children's show, so that makes complete sense.

When I worked my way through my set, I never watched more than two eps at a time to avoid the overkill factor. Took a break every couple of days too.

Sound advice. I had a WTF moment in the second episode when the Baltans went from wanting to repair their ship to wanting to enslave the Earth is the span of a 30 second conversation. Also "Only one of us is big enough to be seen at a time" seemed very logical in 1972.

Re: Trollhunter

TrollHunter.jpg

Watched this tonight. It's a Norwegian faux documentary about, umm, a trollhunter. Hans hunts trolls and giants (really big trolls) for the government. Kind of fun, kind of bizarre. Very dark visually and sometimes hard to make out the beasts, which suits the documentary style well. My TVs really too small to watch subtitled movies comfortably. It was interesting learning some Norwegian, though. "Ok" is the Norwegian word for "Ok" apparently. Who knew?

It's freaking brilliant.

Sound advice.

Thanks. It's helping me get through the 1st season of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, which six episodes in does not know if it wants to be a Cold War-themed science adventure or The Outer Limits with a recurring cast. (It will become neither, but that's later.)

I had a WTF moment in the second episode when the Baltans went from wanting to repair their ship to wanting to enslave the Earth is the span of a 30 second conversation. Also "Only one of us is big enough to be seen at a time" seemed very logical in 1972.

My local TV never ran Ultraman when I was a kid. Seeing it as an adult, the show still has its own internal logic.

Sound advice. I had a WTF moment in the second episode when the Baltans went from wanting to repair their ship to wanting to enslave the Earth is the span of a 30 second conversation. Also "Only one of us is big enough to be seen at a time" seemed very logical in 1972.

Well...I always interpreted them as actually being psionic entities...with no real physical substance without possession or forming a body for themselves(via psionic matter transmutation)..hence becoming human sized....giant sized...whatever. I think the "we need to repair our ship" BS was just that...a convenient excuse.....but then...I've seen way too much of the Ultra shows...and trust me....the original series makes WAY more sense than what came our way in the 70's. "shudder"

Re: Trollhunter

TrollHunter.jpg

Norwegians pepper their language with a bit of English for flavour.