What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

The "Mr. Wong" series of mysteries with Boris Karloff. Interesting bit of trivia, the final installment (1940) did not star Karloff (he had fulfilled his 6 picture deal with another film) and Mr. Wong was played by Keye Luke. Luke was the first Asian actor to get a top billing in Hollywood and the first Asian actor to star in a Hollywood film (prior Asian lead characters had been played by whites in makeup).

Event Horizon. It wasn't that good' date=' but not nearly as bad as I was lead to believe.[/quote']

But it could have been a lot better. On the other hand, now you know why the Warp in WH40K is so dangerous.

The "Mr. Wong" series of mysteries with Boris Karloff. Interesting bit of trivia' date=' the final installment (1940) did not star Karloff (he had fulfilled his 6 picture deal with another film) and Mr. Wong was played by Keye Luke. Luke was the first Asian actor to get a top billing in Hollywood and the first Asian actor to star in a Hollywood film (prior Asian lead characters had been played by whites in makeup).[/quote']

maybe because he was a star in the charlie chan movies so he already had a rep as a good actor?

CES

maybe because he was a star in the charlie chan movies so he already had a rep as a good actor?

CES

More than likely. He was great as Lee/Number 1 Son and I was simply surprised that he got top billing and a starring role in 1940. I love that guy :D

Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung

A late-era Shaw Brothers epic, starring just about everyone in the Shaw Brothers stable. It's... uhm... confusing, mainly due to a series of flashbacks to explain the plot, way too many characters to fully keep track of in 90 minutes, and one of the most WTF endings I've ever seen in a martial arts film. Still, the fights are entertaining, and the basic plot concepts could be used to kick off someone's martial arts campaign.

Kingdom; bbc show starting Stephen Fry as Peter Kingdom a solicitor who works in a quirky town trying to deal with the mysterious disappearance of his brother Simon and the draining experience of his oft institutionalized sister.

It's fun. Only saw the first two episodes so far.

maybe it is bad you know,some people don't like the ida of tv adventure/drama shows turned in to movie comedies unless they were comedy to begin with

i shudder to what movie producers 50 years from now will do to the comedy sketch sper-heroine bustice