Flavor Power for Brick

Cardinal

Re: Flavor Power for Brick

I was planning around with a character concept named Rampant Lion: a UK based brick. The character conception is sort of a flag suit, martial brick.

I also wanted to give him a flavor power. Anyone have any thoughts for a Lion, heraldry or UK theme power that would be cool?

How about a "paw based attack" ? My first blush idea would be a shockwave

style, indirect EB attack ("Slapping the pavement before him, Rampant Lion

makes the ground tremble and shudder, causing his opponent Dread Mantis

to stumble and fall.....").

If you have access to a copy of The Ultimate Brick take a gander at the

"brick tricks" listed in it. Lots of nifty ideas. :thumbup:

-Carl-

For the Flagsuit Brick in my world, named Crownguard I decided on making a minor homage to Capt. Britan

Basicaly he has his powers anywhere he happens to be but while in territority controled by the crown he is more powerful...

Thanks for the ideas. There are a lot of great ones.

I particullarly love the lion's roar power (combined with the corona of a lion's head). As a pratical question, because that PRE attack is now an attack, would it require a full phase or is it still a 0 phase action?

I think it might go with Lion's Roar and Lion's Paw (find weakness or naked AP on Str). However, the FW idea does have a great protective brick vibe to it... hmm ... it's like Baskin Robbins here, so many flavors of goodness.

Assuming he has a Lion Rampant somewhere on his costume, you could have the lion leap off his uniform and enter the fray, either as a power with a lion special effect, or a summons or follower.

Perhaps making it an unusual power that's not too frequently used would give it more impact. Something along the lines of a dispel against magic-based effects, or an unusual sensory power.

Hm... hard to model, but how about something where his power grow stronger as the British people do? When they are proud and standing tall, so does he. When their moral is low... his power diminshes....

Plot device, probably.

Not sure about that. The public can be quite fickle.

An excellent source for flagsuit powers: the mottos of the country/provinces that they hail from: from the Wikipedia article:

United Kingdom: Dieu et mon droit (French, "God and my right", Royal motto)[123]

EDIT - based on the royal motto ("God and my right"), I'd say something along the following:

1. Luck, only when serving the will of the State (to represent service and faith to the crown)

2. Aid, Only when in contact with British Soil ("My Right")

for my UK based genetically engineered super soldier/flag suit Lion i was going to go with two sound based powers he had a fearsome roar(bonus presence with area effect usable by others when he roared all his friends got braver too) and also like something i heard about real cats a healing purr( though much more effective it was basically regeneration with concentration and incantations )

Assuming he has a Lion Rampant somewhere on his costume, you could have the lion leap off his uniform and enter the fray, either as a power with a lion special effect, or a summons or follower.

Perhaps making it an unusual power that's not too frequently used would give it more impact. Something along the lines of a dispel against magic-based effects, or an unusual sensory power.

Oo... I like that one. :thumbup: