Muppet Champions

austenandrews

Re: Muppet Champions

Dibs on Kermit! You see his swordplay and acrobatics in "Muppet Treasure Island"? He could totally be a martial artist/acrobat/Captain America (Captain Swamp? Amphibian Avenger? Marsh-ian Manhunter?) -type guy.

He'd probably have some impressive leadership and tactical skills, what with the way he keeps the chaos that is the Muppet Theatre from imploding - but I could see him losing his cool a lot. Bonus to PRE, only while frustrated?

Naturally, he'd probably also have:

gobs of superleap (frog + radiation accident = BOING!)

extra inches of swimming, with LS: extended breathing

Increased arc of perception: sight group (ping-pong ball eyes)

double-jointed (felt + foam rubber physiology)

bonus to STR: only for escapes (slippery, froggy skin)

bonus HTH damage: OIF (banjo)

Extra limb, inherent (tongue) - not exactly accurate, but frog-themed

LS: Safe Environment (Muppet Theatre in general - you can't tell me that place isn't a deathtrap for a non-Muppet!)

LS: Longevity (he's what - almost 52 now? Still as healthy and youthful as ever!)

VPP: Endless reserves of optimism, (only usable when all the chips are down, requires extra time for introspective soul-searching)

Psych Lim: Terrified of French restaurants

Dependence: Live insects, every 6 hours

DNPC: Robin - or better yet, Robin would be his kid sidekick!

Soc Lim: object of Miss Piggy's affection (That's got to be a pain sometimes!)

As for the others, this is what feels right to me:

Miss Piggy: Martial brick with Find Weakness. Berserk: 14-/8- (when other woman displayes affection for Kermit or steals her spotlight)

Fozzie: Gadgeteer with comedy-based utility belt. Pie-launcher, rubber chicken nunchuks, spinning bow tie for helicopter-type flight, Groucho Marx glasses for a universal disguise, etc. Drain EGO: requires incantations (horrible jokes) - or Drain STUN (puts people to sleep)

Gonzo: High defenses, Physical and Energy Damage reduction, or regeneration. Can summon swarms of loyal chicken followers. Flight or Superleap, with OIF (cannon or trampoline of opportunity). Mental Defense (as he's a complete Wierdo).

Animal: Could he be anything but a berserk Brick? Maybe a powerful bite a la Matter-Eater-Lad too.

Bunsen Honeydew would obviously be a Gadgeteer (he already is, anyway), Beaker would be nigh-invulnerable, and Muppet Labs would bestow 6d6 Unluck on anyone in it. Bunsen might be able to summon Gorillas by trying to use the less than functional Gorilla Detector.

On the other hand, Bunsen could be a great supervillain! Can you imagine if he broke into Fort Knox and turned all the gold there into cottage cheese?

This could be a SERIOUSLY awesome campaign...

Lew Zealand could have a whole bucket o' fish, much like Hawkeye or Green Arrow:

Boxing glove fish

Explodofish

Bolafish

etc.

All of which could lead to interesting results if he missed his target.

After all:

"I throw the fish, and they come back to me!"

At GenCon, I sometimes run my Muppets Versus Toy Story scenario for Champions.

Kermit, Fozzy, Piggy, Gonzo, Chef, Rowlf, Lew, Animal, Harry, Honeydew, Beaker, Sweetums, Scooter, Sam, and Teeth fight out among themselves until only half remain, and the winners take on Buzz, Woody, Hamm, Potato, Rex, Peep, and Slinky.

Statler and Waldorf are "Everyman characters." Any of the players can speak up as the hecklers and crack a joke against their fellow critter.