UnCaped

Publius

Re: UnCaped

"Honestly' date=' I only get it for the indepth articles and news coverage."[/quote']

You know, "Fem-Grond, Portraits in Transition" was really art-photography, not erotica. Also, the interviews at the end of the "Women of Grab" pictorial helped me understand a lot more about Super-villainy as a lifestyle choice.

"Honestly' date=' I only get it for the indepth articles and news coverage."[/quote']The reminds me of when they tried to cut funding for translating Playboy into braille back in 1985, by Rep. Chalmers Wylie (R-Ohio). Someone needs to tell some folks that these are practically the only people that read it for the articles as a group. (An "activist" court overturned the attempt as a 1st Amendment violation)

If I may offer one constructive criticism--most real-life men's magazines (Maxim, King, Playboy, etc.) usually put full-figure shots of their models on the cover, not head shots. Even if they do put on a head shot, it's like a head-and-shoulder shot, with the heroine's cape or top strategically wrapped around to make it look like she's undressing.

Other than that, it's a marvelous job. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

If I may offer one constructive criticism--most real-life men's magazines (Maxim' date=' King, Playboy, [/i']etc.) usually put full-figure shots of their models on the cover, not head shots. Even if they do put on a head shot, it's like a head-and-shoulder shot, with the heroine's cape or top strategically wrapped around to make it look like she's undressing.

Other than that, it's a marvelous job. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

No problem, in addition to the Worksafeness that Lord Liaden mentioned, I just suck at figure drawing. I'm frankly amazed when I get faces to go the right way. What can I say, I'm a portrait sort of "artist" (I still don't consider myself to be one, I do everything in Illustrator).

Originally for the girl pictured here, I was going for a Nagel effect which might not be readily apparent by the fact that I colored her skin, very un-Nagel like. I figured she was the "sizzlin' centerfold" and so made her more red.

I put the colors back to my original vision to demonstrate what I mean, and then on a whim added some background to her just to enhance the Nagelesque effect.

(Btw, what are Men's Magazines going for now? I seriously didn't know, just took a stab.]

Haven't a clue what they cost in the US - I admit I just took your $5.99 and added a little on just for jolly (reassuringly expensive, don't you know).

I've just googled & found that a subscription to Playboy costs $15.96 an issue so I think we're selling ourselves a little too cheap...

Edit: btw, created & added an interior page from the magazine in my last post...

I agree with Publius, the legal proviso was a hoot!

Doing some -ahem- research, Playboy's cover price is, I believe, $4.99 an issue. So I think both of you are in the right price bracket, especially considering the relative rarity of the photographic content.

I'll also bet both publications have gone over to digital photography, which leaves a slightly pixilated effect on the curves. -Ahem!-

Doing some -ahem- research, Playboy's cover price is, I believe, $4.99 an issue. So I think both of you are in the right price bracket, especially considering the relative rarity of the photographic content.

Seems like a reasonable price - about 2.50 pounds sterling. Very cheap compared to their equivalent in the UK. Or so I am told.

Changes subject rapidly to include a third page from the issue... better stop now as I think the Centrefold would not make it past the posting guidelines (also I have work to do!)

masquein2t.jpg

(click to enlarge)