Grond vs. A Cow

Vestnik

Re: Grond vs. A Cow

How many squirrels would it take to take down Grond?

Them suckers is quick!

Not enough squirrels in the world. Grond has too much rPD.

And even though the Bestiary Bovine writeup is not for a cow (as I've mentioned repeatedly), the OP's point was only that Grond could not kill said bovine with one punch, not that it was remotely a match for him.

IOW THE COW IS GOING DOWN!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not enough squirrels in the world. Grond has too much rPD.

And even though the Bestiary Bovine writeup is not for a cow (as I've mentioned repeatedly), the OP's point was only that Grond could not kill said bovine with one punch, not that it was remotely a match for him.

IOW THE COW IS GOING DOWN!

So... how many squirrels would you need to take a cow down?

Now come on, that is a funny image. I'm giggling like little girl just thinking about it. :lol::D

If there's any recoil involved, you may have just invented the flying squirrels who only go in reverse.

*Zap!* *zing**thud**angry chittering sound*

When I was a little child (4 or 5), my dad told me that Merlin lived backwards in time. Has anyone else ever heard this before?

I'm trying to figure out what he meant, or where he got that idea from... and since he's dead now, wikipedia is useless, and the HEROBoard has the combined brain-power and elderich wisdom of a small moon-sized techological singularity... I figured it couldn't hurt to ask... and I further figured that dropping this question deep within the "Grond vs. A Cow" thread in response to Hermit's post about flying squirrels who only go in reverse, would get the best results.

Interesting rationale for posting that question here, but okay...

Actually, that concept is taken directly from the novel The Once And Future King, by T.H. White, a whimsical reworking of the King Arthur legend. Merlin declared that he was living backward through time (and growing younger as everyone else grew older), which was the reason why he knew what was going to happen in the future - to him it was history.

That novel was the inspiration for the musical play/film Camelot, and for the animated Disney movie The Sword In the Stone.

Interesting rationale for posting that question here, but okay...

Actually, that concept is taken directly from the novel The Once And Future King, by T.H. White, a whimsical reworking of the King Arthur legend. Merlin declared that he was living backward through time (and growing younger as everyone else grew older), which was the reason why he knew what was going to happen in the future - to him it was history.

That novel was the inspiration for the musical play/film Camelot, and for the animated Disney movie The Sword In the Stone.

Most excellent.

If there's any recoil involved, you may have just invented the flying squirrels who only go in reverse.

*Zap!* *zing**thud**angry chittering sound*

Now, that is something I have to bring into my game. I've already had giant rats with frickin' lasers on their heads... now reverse flying blaster squirrels!!!

:eek:

:eg:

w00t!!!!

I was pondering the whole small animal thing. it's too bad there isn't one specfic quantifiable element we can easily tie to "Size", because something similar to a RSR (Size), Opposable on the attack could do this well. A cats 1 pip Red Pen attack could mess up a similar sized animal, be quite dangerous to something a size category or 2 saller, and become gradually ever more worthless as the Size category of its target increases, thus increasing the chance for the target to "soak" the attack

I was pondering the whole small animal thing. it's too bad there isn't one specfic quantifiable element we can easily tie to "Size"' date=' because something similar to a RSR (Size), Opposable on the attack could do this well. A cats 1 pip Red Pen attack could mess up a similar sized animal, be quite dangerous to something a size category or 2 saller, and become gradually ever more worthless as the Size category of its target increases, thus increasing the chance for the target to "soak" the attack[/quote']

Ultimate Metamorph has rules for this.