Grond vs. A Cow

Vestnik

I was leafing through the Bestiary and Ultimate Brick the other night (great books!) and made a sorry observation.

Based on the writeups of Grond in TUB and cattle in the Bestiary, Grond would have to punch a cow twice on average to bring it to 0 BODY.

Something is very wrong here.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grond vs. A Cow

I'm betting you're looking at the entry for "Buffalo/Cattle" on p. 141 of the Bestiary. Based on that name, the accompanying illustration, some of the animal's statted abilities, and comparing stats with other comparable creatures in the book, I don't think that writeup is meant to represent the average Holstein heifer. I think we're talking bison, Cape buffalo, and other particularly large and tough bovines. Even if the Bestiary entry is meant to include domestic breeds, IMO those stats are more appropriate to bulls than cows. That would match the stated goal of the Bestiary to focus on creatures that are more aggressive and dangerous, since they make better encounters for heroes. Your average domestic cow should be much more fragile IMO, more like the various horse writeups.

Of course if you allow for Hit Locations, if Grond punched said bovine in the head it would be instant hamburger. Even if you don't it's going to be unconscious for some time.

However, it's definitely difficult to kill many things in superheroic games without Hit Locations (such as most four-color games), and deliberately so.

Re: Grond vs. A Cow

*Strikes up the funkadelic farm music*

"She's a Brick... COOOOWW

She's mighty mighty

and she'll knock you out..."

I swear if that song gets stuck in my head you're a dead man.

Lionel Ritchie is rolling in his grave now. What's that? He's not dead? Well, he's dead to me.

Do you think we can pool our lunch money to get Storn to draw Grond Vs Cow?

Suggest it in the 'Storn Art From Idea to Full Picture Year 4' thread :D