[Help] Characters to 5th edition

JmOz

Re: [Help] Characters to 5th edition

It was a simpler time.

Why you wipper-snanppers ... If we wanted to be Rocket-Scientists or Rich or whatever, we just were.

And if we wantted a flashlight, we just said we had one. None of this "Images, Only For Light" bunk.

:P

LOL. Yeah, even in super-super-superheroic level games I have played in/run, certain items, like flashlights, are available for no CP cost. Guns? Sure, even though they are available for cash, CP. But flashlights? That would be like charging CP for jeans and a T-shirt.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just want the category titles' date=' or the characters that fall within each?[/quote']

Just the catagory names, I won't worry about the characters till I find a copy of the book that I am wlling to pay (I'm cheap...actualy poor, but about the same thing)

LOL. Yeah' date=' even in super-super-superheroic level games I have played in/run, certain items, like flashlights, are available for no CP cost. Guns? Sure, even though they are available for cash, CP. But flashlights? That would be like charging CP for jeans and a T-shirt.[/quote']

in my games, if you are paying points for it it is both more available and better quality than a comercial number.

"Ohh so we need to go underground, ok, back to base to grab the hard hats and flashlights, while we're on the way let's stop at the sporting goods store to get some mountain climbing style gear (Ropes, the things you pound into the rocks, etc...)"

Cool, it takes an hour to get the stuff and get back to t5he cave entrance, the cultists have moved forwards with there plans in that time, but you can see Cindy goodheart still alive strapped to the table

or

<1 pt in UT belt>

You grab your FoxLight from your belt, sneaking into the cave networks you can see Cindy Goodheart is being held hostage in a cell near the back of the cave

Just the catagory names' date=' I won't worry about the characters till I find a copy of the book that I am wlling to pay (I'm cheap...actualy poor, but about the same thing)[/quote']

Does that mean you don't want the scan of the last page?

Mastermind/Leader

Mercenary

Killer

Greedy

Gloryhunter

Fanatically Obsessed

Brick

Energy Projector

Martial Artist

Mentalist

Gadgeteer/Toolmaster

Sorcerer/Magic-User

Monster/Demon/Undead

Power Leech

Mutant

Flyer/Teleporter/Desolidifier

Group/Pair Member

Loner

Scientific Training

OK, gents, I am now finished with the Champions 2nd edition book.

I now move onto another new purchease, the Island of Dr Destroyer, champions adventure #1 (Hero book #3), looks like 9 write ups, maybe 10 if I decide to point up the henchmen, 8 of them look based on characters from enemies I, will look to see if there is any differences in them.

Working on "Agents of Dr Destroyer"

They have an intersting piece of equipment described in the text but not on the sheet

They have a small Ultrasonic Responce Transmiter that helps the computer know who they are. Part of me thinks it is a 0 point thing, F/X type thing, maybe a mind link (IIF, Only with others who have ML, Only to be identified by computer-1)

Working on "Agents of Dr Destroyer"

They have an intersting piece of equipment described in the text but not on the sheet

They have a small Ultrasonic Responce Transmiter that helps the computer know who they are. Part of me thinks it is a 0 point thing, F/X type thing, maybe a mind link (IIF, Only with others who have ML, Only to be identified by computer-1)

Distinctive Feature requires special senses?

Thats just a "Identify friend or foe" unit...I'd call it sfx' date=' or buy it as Images :Ultrasound if you really want to...[/quote']

as an aside, from when I was in the Air Force working on Identify friend or foe systems (IFF)

Honest to God write up I got twice

"IFF would not work in official mode"

me-Sir, IFF does not have an official mode

Officer-Ohh I knew that I ment Offenive mode

me-Sir it does not have that either

Officer then what does OFF stand for

Just thought I would share

does anyone have a list of catagories from Enemies III?

IF so my thanks if you could send it my way, I know it is a lot of work, all I can offer is some Rep...

For that matter was there a similar list in Allies?

• 2 weeks later...

I'd put it at about -1/2. Of course do you consider thrown objects to be HtH or missile weapons? For instance if someone is waling away with a baseball bat and you take half-damage, what's to keep them from backing up 10 feet and throwing it at you for full damage?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, back to seriousness

On Ultraviolet she has invisibilty to UV, the question, and i have also posted for a official answer, is that can you have invisibility to a enhanced sense over all of the sense groups instead of one of the standard sense groups

so invisibilty to UV Perseption instead of sight/hearing etc...

second, would it be a non targetting sense

when did the variable F/X advantage get put in? Character is Fire & Ice' date=' seems a natural for him, at least on his EB[/quote']

Variable Special Effect first appeared in 4th Edition. Its predecessor was "Variable Result" in first edition Fantasy Hero.

• 3 weeks later...

So I figure I will be getting to Galactic Champions around the time that it takes place in...

But finished Ultraviolet, have to admit I went far of the reservation regarding her invisibility power, anyways but what I fuond amusing, I am sure it was suppose to be 2 disads, but the way it is presented looks like one

"Fear of fire using people"

Not really. Ice is usually physical with fire being energy.

Variable Special Effects lets you affect either PD or ED depending on the special effect currently being used. See the last paragraph of the Variable Special Effects description on page 278 of 5ER.

So I figure I will be getting to Galactic Champions around the time that it takes place in...

But finished Ultraviolet, have to admit I went far of the reservation regarding her invisibility power, anyways but what I fuond amusing, I am sure it was suppose to be 2 disads, but the way it is presented looks like one

"Fear of fire using people"

No. There was some backstory that involved her and a fire elementalist. She was on the bad end of it. The disad represented her being gun-shy around flame wielders.