[Help] Characters to 5th edition

JmOz

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: [Help] Characters to 5th edition

There's really no reason why any of those DEX 30+ characters couldn't be low-level paranormals. I've long used that as justification for why Rainbow Archer was excluded from the Olympics (the Moscow boycott being so far in the past now).

IIRC Dragon Master claimed to have "dragon blood in his veins."

• 2 weeks later...

On which character?

Ok, Grond. Growth used to add to general movement. The listing of the ability coincides to the listing of Growth, and the "+2" coincides to "+2 Running" in the rule book.

Ground Movement, ok, thank you and have some rep.

BTW: Yes Grond...I am so slow, finished old greenie about three min after I post this (Got to add to his running)

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so took a couple weeks off, got a new book (2nd edition baby), so have started the ones in them, and I just NEED TO LAUGH

INT 10, Physicist, no skills, I mean he has more points in COM than int...

SO starts Starburst

OK, so took a couple weeks off, got a new book (2nd edition baby), so have started the ones in them, and I just NEED TO LAUGH

INT 10, Physicist, no skills, I mean he has more points in COM than int...

SO starts Starburst

Hehe ... yeah ... but then again, there are no skills in 2ndED to represent a Physicist. :doi:

Third edition suggested that if you want a skill to represent your profession, spend a few points and get an INT roll (or whichever Characteristic might be appropriate) to be able to do it. Precursor to the Professional Skill. I don't know if second edition had the same suggestion.

Third edition suggested that if you want a skill to represent your profession' date=' spend a few points and get an INT roll (or whichever Characteristic might be appropriate) to be able to do it. Precursor to the Professional Skill. I don't know if second edition had the same suggestion.[/quote']

By the time 3rd ... maybe 2nd ... came out, my group was using the Skill List from Espionage! for our Champions games.

tru' date=' But INT 10...Back then that was average...[/quote']

It was a simpler time.

Why you wipper-snanppers ... If we wanted to be Rocket-Scientists or Rich or whatever, we just were.

And if we wantted a flashlight, we just said we had one. None of this "Images, Only For Light" bunk.

:P

Yeah and during that period we didn't have the luxury of villians making sense. We took their build as is from the Enemies books.

So what if the brick didn't have resistant defenses. Nobody used Killing Attacks anyways.

And yeah Dr. Destroyer had a bunch of agents and a base and got it all for free. Deal with it young'en.

And Crusader was one of the great martial artists of his era. Chesire Cat and Green Dragon being his only real competition.

And damn it the only way we knew how to build a better character was cause of Goodman...

You 5th Edition babies got it easy, with all your high fangled side-bar examples, hard-covered book, and INDEXES!!!!

Hehehe. I've been playing Champs since 1984. (Thank god!)