Traveller Hero... an update from the authors

shadowcat1313

Re: Traveller Hero... an update from the authors

there will plenty of toys for the groundpounders too, assorted battle dress versions, lots of things that go boom, some assorted vehicles too

I have a whole pile of vehicle designs, starship designs, and other toys that wont even make it in the book even

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there will plenty of toys for the groundpounders too, assorted battle dress versions, lots of things that go boom, some assorted vehicles too

I have a whole pile of vehicle designs, starship designs, and other toys that wont even make it in the book even

Announcing follow up supplements, already? ;)

JoeG

Okay, status update. It will be two books, I have 90% of the editorial revisions complete, and waiting for the graphics to arrive. I have split the chapters across the two books, and am arranging everything to flow smoothly.

We are moving as briskly as we can, it just takes a little longer when (a) this is not my day job ;) and (B) it's a team effort.

Rob

I have a question for those waiting for TravellerHERO...

Since the book is so big, we are considering splitting it into 3 smaller books (like the little black books), smaller being relative at 100 - 150 pages in each book. Book 1 would be character creation stuff, Book 2 would be starship creation and starships, Book3 would be gadgets and Imperial information. The disadvantage is that it's 3 separate books; the advantage is you could buy only the pieces that you were interested in.

I would like to get people's thoughts on this, as one factor in the end decision.

Thoughts?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That would be an E X C E L L E N T !!! format to go with.

Especially if there's an optional box set.

It also gives the option of players only having to buy what they need.

I have a question for those waiting for TravellerHERO...

Since the book is so big, we are considering splitting it into 3 smaller books (like the little black books), smaller being relative at 100 - 150 pages in each book. Book 1 would be character creation stuff, Book 2 would be starship creation and starships, Book3 would be gadgets and Imperial information. The disadvantage is that it's 3 separate books; the advantage is you could buy only the pieces that you were interested in.

I would like to get people's thoughts on this, as one factor in the end decision.

Thoughts?

With each book being at least 100 pages, depending on the prices, I think that would be a cool format. I can't imagine not buying all of the components either decision you guys go with.

Edit: The two books are good for me.

Will they at least have the traditional black and red Traveller format??

not quite, we went with black and hero green,

http://www.freelancetraveller.com/features/rules/convert/travhero.html

thats the original sample for the one book version, I dont see the cover changing beyond titles

not quite, we went with black and hero green,

http://www.freelancetraveller.com/features/rules/convert/travhero.html

thats the original sample for the one book version, I dont see the cover changing beyond titles

Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that yet. I am REALLY interested in the starship construction rules. I was wondering, will the information about starship design and construction also include HeroSystem point breakdown's?

getting the permissions to do this was a lot easier than I thought, originally it was just a fan produced PDF, that couldnt ever be sold, then Martin Dougherty at Avenger and William Andersen at Com-Star contacted us about actually publishing it. its just taken far longer than I had ever figured on to get it out.

yes the Starship construction rules will have hero point breakdowns, if you check the Star Hero board, you will find several sample starship drafts.

my biggest disapointment was Marc Miller deciding to only let us publish the book 3 planet generation rules... but theres a couple of pieces of software out there that you can use to do Megatraveller or TNE planet generation, and Marc knows there out there, since there freeware, I dont think its an issue.

Mongoose Publishing have just announced they have acquired the Traveller licence!

Does anyone know what theis means for Traveler Hero? People have asked on the Mongoose forums but no answers yet.

Vadrus

Here's the link to the official announcement, in case you have not read it yet:

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/news/news_item.php?pkid_news=166

BTW, Marc W. Miller has also send an eMail to his customers with a reference to this new licence, in which he does not explicitly mention Traveller Hero nor GURPS Traveller, for instance.

good question, this one was news to me....

looks like they have picked up an OGL/D20 license, T20 is/was produced by QLI. not sure if this is a variation on a theme or what.

where are you finding questions about Traveller Hero on the Mongoose forums?