Return to gaming

Psybolt

Hi all... I just wanted to express how much I am enjoying the Hero System books. I just recently returned to GMing (hopefully) after a LONG layoff. My friends and I used to be heavy gamers, but life interfered. Recently, another friend tried to encourage us to get back in and I have began to undertake a new campaign. We were fans of the 4th edition Hero before, but we were out of gaming when most of the 5th edition came out. I had picked up the main book, but it didn't seem like we would game anymore so it didn't seem resonable to continue buying books.

Since we will hopefully continue, I have purchased a handful of books (Ultimate Mystic, Pulp Hero, Bestiary, Dark Champions) and I wanted to say that I have found them to be very entertaining and I have enjoyed reading them all. I think they are of a very high quality and I hope Hero continues for a long time. Thanks.

Re: Return to gaming

Truthfully' date=' it is the rest of the group that has a life. I have plenty of time. Is that good?[/quote']

No problems.

as long as you don't mind it when you become that "strange man" living at the end of the block all the kids are convinced is a serial killer. ;)

Its ALL good, baby! =)

That just means you're the GM... happen to live in NE Illinois? =)

No, not in Illinois. I'm a neighbor. In Iowa. I do the GMing for our group, but I always enjoyed the chances I had to play. The others in the group couldn't maintain the GMing or handle the challenging players we have.

No' date=' not in Illinois. I'm a neighbor. In Iowa. I do the GMing for our group, but I always enjoyed the chances I had to play. The others in the group couldn't maintain the GMing or handle the challenging players we have.[/quote']

Hear that. I used to GM exclusively, back in the day. In my current group, it seems everyone else wants to run a game, so I'm very much enjoying just being a player. =)

Welcome bak Psybolt, I had a three year time that I didn't play. I had family reasons for that, my mom has a bad back and legs and needed me home. I returned to gaming a couple years ago, I had forgotten how much it helped me make the rest of my time better.

I am part of a group now that all of us run, but usually three of the six GM more, myself and two others.