Heroes

Susano

Re: Heroes

And I disagree that Season 2 is better; I think Season 1 was. You can't change my personal opinion on it and I've not been trying to get anyone to dislike this season, but I've been disappointed with this season no matter how happy it makes you. As I've stated before, I hope others like it and I hope it does well (and better).

Even as disappointing as it is, it's still my favorite show on the major networks (not that I watch that many). However, my family and friends that loved the first season have all been disappointed with the second season, despite the proactive plot, and we're waiting for it to improve.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest ish of TV Guide says that this week's ep will show some of what happened in the 4 month gap between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of season 2. (Hint: it wasn't the gunshot that killed D.L.)

I saw that too. I found it intriquing. The ads look intense, but I'm trying not to pay much attention to the ads since the whole "one of them" swerve.

It is still too early in the season for me to decide if it is better or not per se, and it has a harder time because the pleasant surprise value has worn off from when I first watched it. I'm pretty bored by the twins, but I like Monica, so I guess you could say the new characters are balancing out.

I have to say, for the most part I liked season 1 better too. If you remember when the show first came out, I wasn't all that impressed with it, but it grew on my quickly. This season meh. I like the new girl from New Orleans, but can't stand the twins or Sylar this season. I don't enjoy Hiro's little quest either, and Claire's is just annoying me. Peter's is starting to pick up, but full of holes (why send an agent, have her get 4 feet from the target and then pull her back?). The only one I really like is the Parkman/Bennett/Mohindar line. I loved the subtlety of adding a "brainwashed" Nikki to "establish trust".

As far as Lost, ugh. I can never get into a show that's based on a mystery and if the mystery is ever solved, the show would end. That's just annoying to me.

This world is so depressing, without any hope at all. Superheroes are supposed to be role models, exemplars of how to behave, not murderous filth who slaughter each other, pump bullets into bad guys and abuse their gifts for selfish reasons.

You just summed up the current state of Marvel comics as well. Repped for the statement.:thumbup:

Still all in all, i liked the show. My faves was DL Hawkins, Wireless, Matt Parkman and the Haitian.

NBC shelves Heroes: Origins:

NBC has shelved plans for Heroes: Origins, a spinoff series of its hit show, and the possibility of a writers' strike contributed to the decision, Variety reported.

Production has been halted indefinitely on the planned six-episode spinoff. It had attracted such talent as feature directors Eli Roth and Kevin Smith and writer Michael Dougherty (Superman Returns). NBC had planned to debut the show while Heroes was on hiatus.

Heroes also has been facing sophomore growing pains, losing some key staff members, the trade paper reported.

Insiders told Variety that Heroes: Origins isn't completely dead and could very well be revived at a later date, perhaps as soon as next season.

and Heroes readies finale early:

TV Guide.com reported that producers of NBC's Heroes are shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that will wrap up the second season early in the event an expected writers' strike prevents the show from continuing with new episodes.

Citing anonymous sources, the site reported that the episode will function as a season finale; originally, the episode was supposed to serve only as the conclusion to the current "Generations" story arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted, the alternate ending would likely be scrapped, the site reported.

:(

Wow... a show that listens to the fan base... who da thunk it?

Hmm, how long before the other creators in Hollywood get together and straighten this guy out? "Fool, we don't give the viewers what they want -- we do what we want! Then we tell the viewers that it's what they really wanted, all along!"

Hmm' date=' how long before the other creators in Hollywood get together and straighten this guy out? "Fool, we don't give the viewers what they want -- we do what [b']we[/b] want! Then we tell the viewers that it's what they really wanted, all along!"

I dunno, I think writers are more cognizant about paying attention to their fan base, especially in the sci fi arena where people are more likely topoint out plot weaknesses.

Then please explain any single film ever shown as part of Scinema Saturday.

Unfortunately I don't know what Scinema Saturday is. I just know that from what I have seen of more recent Sci Fi on TV, they seem to be handled more intelligently. Example - The learning curve for powered individuals on shows like Bionic Woman, Smallville, Charmed and the like is short. When The Greastest American Hero came was on he never got the hang of his powers even though he used them all the time. The back ground characters more readily understand the concepts behind unusual events that happen around them, even if they did not previously believe such things were actually possible.

Basically because most people are familiar with most form concepts Science Fiction, characters within such shows have to equally possess such knowledge and act accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late in posting but... this season finale was a bit disappointing. I'm glad that Meurto Zane was killed off, but Jan's still around and so is Skylar.

Mohinder's flip-flopping is getting annoying.

The handling of West seemed poorly done and Nathan Petrelli's death scene was just idiotic. Along with Matt "I can read minds" Parkinson, Peter "I can do anything you can do" Petrelli, and a room full of police officers, no one saw this coming (or stopped time to stop the bullet), or even opted to search for the killer? Please. :rolleyes:

And if it turns out that Noah shot Nathan, I won't be watching Season 3. :straight:

:end rant:

A bit late in posting but... this season finale was a bit disappointing.
I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I realize that the season was cut short because of the writer's strike, and the quick tie-up of the plot threads might have been done by a less-than-pro-quality writer. On the other hand, Tim Kring acknowledged that the season was not going as well as it could, and that they made some mistakes in presenting the stories of this season (too slow revealing/developing the "main" storyline, Hiro spent too long in the past, the "teen love story" was too prominent, etc.), so the short season could be seen as a "mercy killing," so they can do it better next season.

On the gripping hand, I was really disappointed in the resolution of Hiro and Adam's showdown -- that should have been an much more epic confrontation. I wouldn't have been upset if it ended with Adam escaping somehow. He seems like a good recurring enemy, and a great foil for the overbalancing power of Hiro's ability (e.g. Hiro keeps running into Adam as he jumps forward and back in time, making his tasks more difficult).

I'm glad that Meurto Zane was killed off' date=' but Jan's still around and so is Skylar. [/quote']Meh. I saw that whole situation just as a means to get Sylar back into the game.

Mohinder's flip-flopping is getting annoying.
Agreed.

The handling of West seemed poorly done and Nathan Petrelli's death scene was just idiotic. Along with Matt "I can read minds" Parkinson' date=' Peter "I can do anything you can do" Petrelli, and a room full of police officers, no one saw this coming (or stopped time to stop the bullet), or even opted to search for the killer? Please. :rolleyes:[/quote']That's Matt "I can now CONTROL minds, thank you" Parkinson. :)

The thing that bothered me about Peter was, given the way they explained how he accessed the powers of others ("I have to remember how I feel when I'm around that person" - or something like that), how is it that he still had access to those people's powers when he couldn't remember the people he got them from?

And if it turns out that Noah shot Nathan' date=' I won't be watching Season 3. :straight:[/quote'] Um, how are you going to find that out without watching season 3? j/k I know there are lots of ways. But now that they have established that the cheerleader's blood can heal/cure ANYBODY (and presumably Peter's and Adam's as well), why do you think that this is the last we have seen of Nathan?

It would have been humorous if, when Claire's blood healed Noah, the eye that regrew was Claire's, not Noah's original eye -- it was, after all, Claire's genetic material that was rebuilding the eye.

• 4 months later...

Heroes season three will premiere on September 15, 2008 with a three-hour premiere event. The first hour will be a recap of the first two seasons, and the final two hours will be the premiere episode.

Heroes Returns; Origins Dies

Heroes will return to NBC on Sept. 15 with an expanded third-season opener, but network executives confirmed that the proposed prequel spinoff, Heroes: Origins, is officially dead.

"We consciously chose to rest [Heroes] this spring so that [creator] Tim Kring and his team could get ahead of the creative and build up to a massive event--a three-hour Heroes night," Ben Silverman, co-chairman of NBC Entertainment and Universal Media Studios, said during the network's upfront presentation to advertisers in New York on April 2. "On Monday, Sept. 15, we'll kick off with a Heroes clip show to try to bring back the audience and [then air] a massive two-hour Heroes film."

Silverman also explained why the heavily hyped, much-anticipated Heroes: Origins was scrapped. The show was originally conceived to help eliminate Heroes repeats, and directors and writers--including feature-film vets Kevin Smith, Eli Roth and Michael Dougherty--were already lined up before NBC dropped the idea.

"We were taxing our creative team to do too much around that," Silverman said. "We wanted 35 Heroes [episodes] and 12 Heroes: Origins, each of which was supposed to be a mini-movie and backdoor pilot. We reached far and challenged our people, and we decided it was better to focus on keeping the Heroes mothership as strong as possible."

Heroes will air Mondays at 9 p.m. ET/PT. (NBC is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)