WWYCD: Harem Comedy from Hell

Metaphysician

Your character is going about his business, when within the space of a week, he/she gains three ( additional, if any already exist ) 'suitors'. . .

-A powerful wizard, with the Shade's personality ( gentleman rogue or female equivalent ), and a Catwoman style interest in your character

-A cult leader with moderate magical power, incredible luck. . . and an almost impossible to change belief that your character is a Demon Lord/Lady, whom he worships

-A dimensional lord ( Skarn or female equivalent ), who would really like your character as his/her consort.

As you might imagine, none of them are exactly going to take 'no, go away' for an answer, none of them will especially get along with any *real* love interests, and none of them will be able to tolerate each other, at all. OTOH, by the coincidental magic of harem comedy law, attempts by anybody involved ( you, them, random outsiders ) to simply eliminate them will be rather prone to failure.

WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Harem Comedy from Hell

This, of course, is Vixen's ticket to the big time. Since they're all magical and such, she'd tell 'em that it's officially a competition, thus they're free to shower her with gifts, money, fame, power, whatever, for the next, oh, six months, and whoever gets her the best stuff wins ... while conveniently giving as few hints as possible as to just what that is. Observe their behaviors and powers, try to discern any weaknesses.

At the end of the six months, when she has, oh, everything she could possibly want, do an 'I can't deciiiiiide' whine, then give everybody a specific. different objective ... and contact appropriate authorities/supers to meet them there and arrest/confine/banish them back from whence they came.

While keeping the stuff, if at all possible. :)

Divine Wind is a 19 year old male slacker. He'll play the three off each other and string them along for as long as possible. Oh, and he'll keep notes for his online american-manga comic strip he hopes to sell to an anime company in Japan.

Your character is going about his business' date=' when within the space of a week, he/she gains three ( additional, if any already exist ) 'suitors'. . .[/quote']

I fear that must of them are going to be human, or close to? In which case Vitus will find this all very creepy, and whilst striving not to throw up will string them all along as far as possible whilst making full use of their knowledges and skill sets. He'ld probably have to assume that there's an Enchantment involved somewhere, and will prepare precautions based on that assumption.

-A powerful wizard' date=' with the Shade's personality ( gentleman rogue or female equivalent ), and a Catwoman style interest in your character[/quote']

Hmm. She could certainly be useful in some of Vitus's schemes. Such as locating Scorpia and inflicting various terrible revenges. Vitus would certainly exaggerrate the fact that Scorpia is female to add a bit of jealousy and fire to this sorceress's actions.

Her spellbook, if she has one, would probably be worth perusing as well.

-A cult leader with moderate magical power' date=' incredible luck. . . and an almost impossible to change belief that your character is a Demon Lord/Lady, whom he worships[/quote']

She'ld have justification, as well. Vitus only turned up on this planet thanks to a DEMON summoning ritual that went a bit wrong.

I'm sure she'ld be a useful source of information on various other cults and DEMON cells, who could be duly eliminated. Some sort of co-ordinated worldwide strike, perhaps.

Probably the easiest one to keep from demanding sexual attention, too, which would be a relief. Or at least postpone as long as possible. "You're not worthy of bearing the Scion until you are the most powerful cult leader in this world. So get a move on and eliminate the rest."

-A dimensional lord ( Skarn or female equivalent )' date=' who would really like your character as his/her consort.[/quote']

Hmm. Tricky. This one would certainly go pear-shaped very fast if she ever figures out Vitus isn't interested. On the other hand, he may well be very interested indeed, especially if she has the power to locate and reassemble the fragments of his home universe.

As you might imagine' date=' none of them are exactly going to take 'no, go away' for an answer, none of them will especially get along with any *real* love interests, and none of them will be able to tolerate each other, at all. OTOH, by the coincidental magic of harem comedy law, attempts by anybody involved ( you, them, random outsiders ) to simply eliminate them will be rather prone to failure.[/quote']

Hmm... 3 may be a source of friction. On the other hand, she is merely a concubine and consort. Trying to keep the other three apart... difficult. But sending them all off after Vitus's grudges, rival cults, and universal shards, should keep them busy for a few weeks. After that, it'ld probably have to be a case of the following

"Ladies, ladies, this is all very flattering. But if you're going to win my affections properly you're going to have to prove yourself against each other. To the death is acceptable. Outside the city, if you wouldn't mind."

And then happily toddle off with the Queen of Dimension Z and keep a paternal eye over his reassembled homeworld, Aura.

(Of course it's never going to go that well. Manipulating supervillianesses never goes smoothly for Vitus, poor chap. At the very least he'll have to start having sex in the dark)

Zero would freak. He has a phobia about powerful women...

Badger- given that he seems to have absolutely NO understanding of women this will all be terribly confusing to him.

Frosty Bob- "oh baby, dreams do come true"......."so uh how about a foursome.....what there is enough of me for all" :doi:

Your character is going about his business, when within the space of a week, he/she gains three ( additional, if any already exist ) 'suitors'. . .

-A powerful wizard, with the Shade's personality ( gentleman rogue or female equivalent ), and a Catwoman style interest in your character

-A cult leader with moderate magical power, incredible luck. . . and an almost impossible to change belief that your character is a Demon Lord/Lady, whom he worships

-A dimensional lord ( Skarn or female equivalent ), who would really like your character as his/her consort.

As you might imagine, none of them are exactly going to take 'no, go away' for an answer, none of them will especially get along with any *real* love interests, and none of them will be able to tolerate each other, at all. OTOH, by the coincidental magic of harem comedy law, attempts by anybody involved ( you, them, random outsiders ) to simply eliminate them will be rather prone to failure.

WWYCD?

This is one of those that I'm tempted to run as a GM, but I'd be tempted to strangle my GM if I were the player... Hypocrisy, it's what's for dinner :)

The last bit about 'harem comedy law' does seem a bit too 'no win' for my liking though.

Aquatic- Might take an extended leave underwater if he found out they couldn't follow. Other than that, he'd endure it stoicly until a way could be found.

Gaze-Has mind control, but usurping wills for selfish ends goes against most of his ethics. Should any of the suitors attempt to harm his wife however, the kid gloves are off. He won't eliminate them... not in the merely physical sense, but they will regret it. Even if they proved resistant to mental influences, he might use his acting skill to good effect and send them on missions that would either result in their painful defeat, or bring some supervillains down.

Doctor Sanguine- Is single. One might actually catch his fancy, however, he would be somewhat out of his element in the boudoir. He might withdraw to meditate, or try to.

Jake the Troll - is actively looking for a girlfriend of this power, and so would think it to be extremely cool. His parents would not agree as much, but would put up with it out of respect for their son's well-being. (It's kind of hard for him to date normal girls.) However, one of his criteria for marriage is "must be Catholic". Also, he has been worship on occasion by pagans and whatnot: his normal response is "as your deity, I command you to go to repent of your sins, take up your cross, and go to Mass!" which usually is something of a letdown.

Icon - on one hand, she'd appreciate having a boyfriend that wouldn't freak over her going to save the city on a regular basis. However, the inevitable brawls that would disrupt around it would be irritating. Her teammates would find it highly amusing. She'd probably call the cops on them if it got to be too much of an issue. Also, she has a good deal of experience with people hurting each other in the name of "love", and has no taste for it.

Shinji Miromoto - one he realized that he was in a harem comedy, he'd blow his top: he had an issue with magical girls, which harem comedies fall into often.

Widower - assuming he wouldn't be still mourning the death of his family, he'd probably find it amusing. He's actually a good team leader of teenagers (he was a successful little league coach), and this action is nothing if not juvenile. If they ever started blowing up the landscape, he'd beat them down, though.

Millennium "While this is all very flattering, the fact is I have taken a vow of celebacy. Can we all be just friends?"

Cheeta '"Consort,' I like the way that sounds! Tell me more!"

Iron Will "I'm thirteen! Come back in ten years! Or at least five!"

Dolphin .o0(Probably all telepaths too!)

To the cult leader:"I'm sorry, but any relationship has to be based on truth. I'm not a demon. If that's what you need me to be, well, let's just call it off now!"

To the other two: "Do you both know the phrase ménage à trois?"

Snow Leopard "First, I want children! Any of you not cross-fertile with humans need not apply! Next, you get to meet my family, mom, dad, Grandpa Sabertooth, Step-grandma Mystique, Uncle Nightcrawler, Auntie Rogue. Um, to an outsider, the family may be slightly disfunctional. But you still have to meet them. Then finally there's what I like to call the Tests of Body, Mind and Spirit. Um, you don't get to use your magic for the first two of those. Who's still interested?"

The last bit about 'harem comedy law' does seem a bit too 'no win' for my liking though.

To be more specific, its not that there is no way to get them to go away, or behave themselves, or otherwise resolve the situation. Rather, its just that attempts to 'resolve' the situation by simply beating up, arresting, and/or killing the suitors is inevitably certain to go wrong.

Guest Major Tom

I fear that must of them are going to be human' date=' or close to? In which case [b']Vitus [/b]will find this all very creepy, and whilst striving not to throw up will string them all along as far as possible whilst making full use of their knowledges and skill sets. He'ld probably have to assume that there's an Enchantment involved somewhere, and will prepare precautions based on that assumption.

Hmm. She could certainly be useful in some of Vitus's schemes. Such as locating Scorpia and inflicting various terrible revenges. Vitus would certainly exaggerrate the fact that Scorpia is female to add a bit of jealousy and fire to this sorceress's actions.

Her spellbook, if she has one, would probably be worth perusing as well.

She'ld have justification, as well. Vitus only turned up on this planet thanks to a DEMON summoning ritual that went a bit wrong.

I'm sure she'ld be a useful source of information on various other cults and DEMON cells, who could be duly eliminated. Some sort of co-ordinated worldwide strike, perhaps.

Probably the easiest one to keep from demanding sexual attention, too, which would be a relief. Or at least postpone as long as possible. "You're not worthy of bearing the Scion until you are the most powerful cult leader in this world. So get a move on and eliminate the rest."

Hmm. Tricky. This one would certainly go pear-shaped very fast if she ever figures out Vitus isn't interested. On the other hand, he may well be very interested indeed, especially if she has the power to locate and reassemble the fragments of his home universe.

Hmm... 3 may be a source of friction. On the other hand, she is merely a concubine and consort. Trying to keep the other three apart... difficult. But sending them all off after Vitus's grudges, rival cults, and universal shards, should keep them busy for a few weeks. After that, it'ld probably have to be a case of the following

"Ladies, ladies, this is all very flattering. But if you're going to win my affections properly you're going to have to prove yourself against each other. To the death is acceptable. Outside the city, if you wouldn't mind."

And then happily toddle off with the Queen of Dimension Z and keep a paternal eye over his reassembled homeworld, Aura.

(Of course it's never going to go that well. Manipulating supervillianesses never goes smoothly for Vitus, poor chap. At the very least he'll have to start having sex in the dark)

Zero would freak. He has a phobia about powerful women...

Has Vitus always had these ethical and moral issues, or does he just have

a Machiavelli complex?

Major Tom :confused:

Has Vitus always had these ethical and moral issues, or does he just have a Machiavelli complex?

Major Tom :confused:

What moral issues? He swore to protect his homeworld, died trying, failed, and will do anything and use anybody to restore his home universe. All other concerns are secondary. He'ld even sacrifice his own species to do it, as much as that would hurt.

I think Vitus' schtick is that he's a 'superhero'. . . from a Lovecraftian alternate dimension. So' date=' his definition of superheroism, and his attitudes, are a little. . . orthogonal to standard.[/quote']

He's a direct import of a True Neutral gnoll wizard from a bronze age culture in very precarious shape. Slavery? No problem. Exploit the madness of others to fulfil long-term goals? Hell, he learnt THAT from his enemies. Vitus does wonder why Champions Earth resists various clearly more powerful entities and groups takeovers (the Empire of a Billion Worlds, for example). The Third Empire's welding of the Samurian city-states and tribes into a human-dominated empire was somewhat annoying, but it sure as hell beat the alternatives.

Of course there's also the fact that Vitus doesn't give *** *****, ******-********* ***** about the rest of the multiverse, which could happily vanish up its own fundement for all he cares.

I figured that the process that summoned Vitus managed to shunt his morality off into a random dimension somewhere where it sits' date=' floating around, kinda bored.[/quote']

that's entirely possible. At the very least his multiple encounters with the Apparatus could have had that side effect. Of course, he was a calculating bastard even before that.

Possibly having his familiar, the giant talking scorpion Sutekh, burnt alive by a Vampire Lord, has had an adverse effect...