WWYCD: Harem Comedy from Hell

Metaphysician

Re: WWYCD: Harem Comedy from Hell

Lauren - Would find the entire thing too amusing. She would be inclined to let them beat each other up, but any civilian/collateral damage would resound in an automatic dismissal of the suitor in the form of beatings from bodyguards or threaten of restraining orders. Other than that she would just watch the ensuing madness. :D

WWYCD: Harem Comedy from Hell

I'll give this plot a little twist.

Since The First Ladies are also a three, wait for things to happen.

Primadonna: is flattered by the attention of the cult leader, but her high morale and ethical standards, and her snobbish "high society" attitude, exclude him from being a reasonable choice. She would sing him her good-bye song. After that, he'll probably need hearing devices and not be in the mood for a serenade for a long time.

Primaballerina: will date the powerful wizard two times, the first and the last time. She will fall for his charm, yes, but realizing what kind of villain he is, she will reject his affection.

Diva: the dimensional lord!!! Wow!!! Powerful men are so sexy! But he is so unbearably ugly and he smells of brimstone. She'll dump him after their little affair (only meetings in public, no private sessions) was exploited by the yellow press and she got enough media attention.

Sparkle would likely start by ignoring them, then try beating them up, and then just start sending them on missions as far away as possible.

Tammi would suspect someone of setting her up for a reality show. (She used to play a teen superheroine on TV and still does a little acting from time to time.)

Shadow-Hawk: will be looking over his shoulder hoping that his girlfriend, Rahne/Wolfsbane does not find out or else there will be four people ticked off at him.

The shade/catwoman type wizard he'll be polite.

To the cult leader (In the campaign, that would be Talisman.) Shad will tell her to kiss off.

The Dimensional lord: depending how powerful or weak she is, Shad will string her along until he finds a way to send her back.

Nautika: She will be flattered by the wizard type but will get creeped out by the cult leader and dimensional lord.

Jack-A-Dandy will need plastic surgery to get the grin off his face.

Given that Nova has a decidely lecherous streak, this would be his reaction as well. He would likely find the roguish wizard more of a kindred soul and try to set up her as his main squeeze, but would alternatively flattered and annoyed by the worshipful attitude of the priest type, since he regards himself on an evolutionary path to cosmic godhood, but despises religious fanatism. He would be more definitely annoyed by the consort antics of the interdimensional lady, being not really the marriage type ("Marriage ? Not thanks my Lady, I'm not yet ready for it. If you won't invade my dimension, through, we can date"). Having three powerful babes squabbling for him would definitely fulfill his definition of "interesting times".

Arachne:

"Um? Creeeeeeeepy. You guys do know that I'm, like, 15, right? Cah-reepy. Creepy much? Um, yeah. Bye now!" :nonp:

And then she'd try desperately to avoid them all. :idjit:

Georgette Batroc:

"Of course you zink I am beautiful. I am beautiful, as anyone can plainly see! Oui. I will allow you to date me. Pick me up at eight. Bring your wallet."

She's a serial dater/lover anyway. She's got no problem having affairs with three people, simultaneously or sequentially. She demands presents, plays them off each other, and frequently spurns them (before telling them that all is forgiven, and they may ask permission to date her again). :snicker:

The Flying Kittens: (collectively) "Ewww! Gross!" Of course, the cult leader might not be entirely wrong in thinking the Kittens are the avatars of his god, especially if the triplets had been age-accelerated to maturity without any safeguards. At 9, they merely jinx those around them with their presence, after puberty, if still untrained, the Kittens may actually be the Harbingers of the End, attracting catastrophes to their vincinity. The cult leader's incredible luck may end being the only thing that protects the 'harem' until the Kittens actually gains control of their super-charged jinx field. At which point, Trisk, Blackie, and Midnight would go their separate ways, each taking a suitor with them.

Luna Moth: Would challenge both the Emperor and the sorcerer to find a permanent cure for the Gorgon's Tear curse, in order to prove their love for her. The cult lord, on the other hand, would be told to eliminate the other cults that have been trying to 'banish' or take control of her, namely DEMON.

After her personal problems have been settled, the 'harem' might actually become a nuisance

Arachne:

"Um? Creeeeeeeepy. You guys do know that I'm, like, 15, right? Cah-reepy. Creepy much? Um, yeah. Bye now!" :nonp:

And then she'd try desperately to avoid them all. :idjit:

Hey, nobody said that the harem suitors couldn't be the same age of the ahm lucky courted one, too. In the harem comedy source material, it's the default. ;) Therefore Arachne just got three powerful magical spoiled teen guys with more power than they safely control, raging hormones, the hots for her, and total lack of restraint/common sense/respect for public safety. Much mayhem ensues.

Hey' date=' nobody said that the harem suitors couldn't be the same age of the ahm lucky courted one, too. In the harem comedy source material, it's the default. ;) Therefore Arachne just got three powerful magical spoiled teen guys with more power than they safely control, raging hormones, the hots for her, and total lack of restraint/common sense/respect for public safety. Much mayhem ensues.[/quote']

Well, at least one of them is likely 600+ years old who just coincidentally looks and acts like an androgenous teenage hearthrob with a fetish for roses and, I dunno, turning into a female tortoise when he's sexually aroused, or something.

Kevin "I've seen these kinds of anime! Schultz

Daedalus: "Sorry, but my team mate already has this subplot. Don't want any overlap now, do we?" :P

Quetzalocatl: God of Knowledge, The Plumed Serpent, Lord of The Skies and King of Anahuac, would not be used to dealing with roguish Catwoman types vying for his attention. Would try to figure out how to dissuade her attentions without offending her.

The deluded Cult Leader who sees him as a Demon Lord would earn his ire, considering he's that would be associating him with his hated and treacherous breathen in his pantheon, who are all now corrupt receivers of the life energy of blood sacrifice. He's vowed to end such things and would not appreciate in the least being likened to them.

As far as the Dimensional Empress, it would depend on how she ran her empire. He is a God-King himself. If she was relatively benevolent and not aggressively expansionist he might actually consider her suit. Of course, there would be complications to consider, such as how the Theran Compact, of which he has had Anahuac join, views her, and maintaining that any potential relationship would be that of equals (hey, even though his kingdom is much smaller he's still a king), but that's what you get when you're divine royalty.

Warp: Dimensional manipulator who happens to be multi-billionaire playboy Daniel Stone. He's currently seeing Cateran in his Hero ID, but doesn't yet know her occupation. He also has Tesserect as a stalker due to the synergistic effects of his power interacting with hers is pleasurable to her. His plate's pretty full already.

The Catwoman type probably knows Cateran. I'm guessing they already would have at least some sort of professional rivalry. This could potentially spur on her attempts at landing Warp as the rivalry turns romantic as well.

To the Cult Leader: "Look, just cause I dress in black and can go places instantly doesn't mean I'm a demon lord! Can't you sense magic or something? Would I be hanging out with a Sun God if I was a Demon Lord?"

Dimensional Empress: "Isvatha V'han is interested in me! Yikes! I thought Horus was more her type!"

Spectrum: Is an Air Force officer. Would point out repeatedly to Catwoman type that fratenizing with a supervillainesss, even one who's just a thief, would be against regulations and she has no chance of getting anywhere with him.

To the Cult Leader he'd point out that the last thing a Dark Lord would have is EM spectrum manipulation powers. Would also have to attempt to capture her every time if she is wanted by the law.

The Dimensional Queen he'd treat in a professional and respectful manner, as he would any Head of State (unless The United States was currentl in a state of war with her empire) but would resist all romantic overtures in as polite a manner as possible, pointing out that his duties to his country preclude him getting involved with the monarchs of foreign nations.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Major Tom

Given the numerous situations with which he's currently dealing with in the

campaign, Powerstar would seriously consider a full-scale VIPER ass-

ault or a raid by alien slavers to be preferable to having three obsessed

uberfemmes trying to hook up with him.

Of course, with my luck, the GM in whose campaign Powerstar is currently in

will probably see this post -- in which case, I'll have given him an evil idea...

Major Tom :cool:

Darkfire: Capitan Marvel is the one for me he just doesn't know it yet. Darkfire would view this situation as a godsend three obsessed suiters with power to spare, their list of uses is endless. she would find the the obsessed cult leader pathetically easy to manipulate given her upbring in the circle of the scarlet moon, however her contempt for him would almost ensure he and his followers were used as ritual sacrifices. she would milk the situation for every advantage before eliminating her presumptuous suiters.

Ironhide: except for the cult leader might welcome the romantic interest as a solid neutornium superhuman his romance life has been pretty sterile. He'd enjoy the situation maybe one is a keeper.

John O'Malley II: Oh God give me strength. The cult leader would be easy Inquisition meet cult-cult meet Inquisition now die. Given that he is a catholic father and sworn to celibacy he would try to explain that to the others the obsessed super he try to help the extradimensional entity he just might have to banish. which my GM would gleefully inform me that I'd just acquired a new hunted: "obsessive spurned lover."

Your character is going about his business' date=' when within the space of a week, he/she gains three ( additional, if any already exist ) 'suitors'. . .[/quote']The Specter would start with a question. "Are you the decendant of one George Louis Burgess who was born in Kentucky, 1844. Served in the Confederate Army, D company, 1st Kentucky Infantry and 'died' in Kingdom City, Nebraska in 1897? No? Good, that's the first concern out of the way."
-A powerful wizard, with the Shade's personality ( gentleman rogue or female equivalent ), and a Catwoman style interest in your character

-A cult leader with moderate magical power, incredible luck. . . and an almost impossible to change belief that your character is a Demon Lord/Lady, whom he worships

-A dimensional lord ( Skarn or female equivalent ), who would really like your character as his/her consort.

The problem is that it would largely depend on how these women approached him. He's already concealing the fact that the local VIPER supervillainess is his granddaughter from the rest of his team, and is currently happily scratching a seventy-year-itch with one of Vitus' students, so they have a reasonable chance with him. However, considering that he just recently shot Istvatha V'han (nearly killing her) he will be VERY surprised that she has now come courting him.
As you might imagine, none of them are exactly going to take 'no, go away' for an answer, none of them will especially get along with any *real* love interests, and none of them will be able to tolerate each other, at all. OTOH, by the coincidental magic of harem comedy law, attempts by anybody involved ( you, them, random outsiders ) to simply eliminate them will be rather prone to failure.

WWYCD?

OOC: I'm a Ranma-½ fan, so at least you haven't included a violent tomboy with a severe chemical imbalance leading to anger management problems and abusive behaviour.

Actually,Akane showed up in the first issue of the manga and presumably the first episode of the anime),so you must be confusing her with Kodachi.

And I'm an Akane fan,so I've gotten very tired of ignorant so-called fans who think she's the most violent of Ranma's suitors.

As for her temper,she DOES have one,but so would any normal person,if they had to live with Nabiki.

And when you consider that she's had to put up with Tatekawai Kuno,and until Ranma arrived,dozens of boys trying to beat her up in order to get a date...

And that was just the beginning of her problems.No wonder she's short-tempered.

No' date=' that would be the leggy psychotic gymnast who is an expert poisoner. (Or was that first season? Crap! I can't remember.)[/quote']

Actually, I was trying to present it in terms of the OP setup, not Ranma's.

The ultra-violent, jealous suitor only works for humor value when said suitor is female. If it's a guy, it's just wrong and sad. :(

Just a question:

If your character has an alternate form, could you run it so that at least some of the ladies want him only in one form or the other, without knowing about the 'alternate'? I.e., one wants him as a human, the other in his 'werebeast' form (maybe she's one herself?), etc.

It could get really interesting then!

Cornerstone would tell the wizard he doesn't approve of magic and if she'd really like to persue a relationship there are ways to do it. And this isn't it.

The cult leader he would tell her you only worship God.

The dimensional lord he would say "Satan why do you continnally try to temp me?"

Silver speedster would say. "Ok, this is how it goes. First no killing my admirers. I'm famous and handsome and they can't help it. But besides that. Let's see, you (pointing to one) get Mondays, and Thursdays. You (pointing to another) get Tuesdays and Fridays. And (pointing to the last) you get Wednesdays and Saturdays. I get Sundays off to recouperate, or (he'll say with a smug grin) we could try something... let's say more creative. Any questions?":whip:

Mark IV would say "Even though I am anotomically correct I am unsure whether I could - comply with your request. Is it normal to have 3 suiters at once." Needless to say Mark IV would be courious enough to try - um, different things.

Super! Absorbant! Sponge!!!!! "OK who puts you up to this?"

• 3 weeks later...

Mike the Demoness /is/ a demoness, thought not necessarily a 'Lady'. She's specifically avoided trying to acquire any worshipers, but if one showed up on her doorstep anyway, she'd do her best to get him to follow her Commandments of enlightened long-term self-interest, rather than any attempts at sacrificing virgins in her name or other such unsocial behaviour that tends to /not/ be in the participants' long-term interests.

The dimensional lord would be received politely, and informed that consorthood isn't in her plans at the moment, but to feel free to look her up in a decade or century or two. In the meantime, they could have /quite/ a time enjoying each others' company less formally, and they could very well paint the whole city red...

The wizard would get a fairly similar reaction. Plus, according to the law of the land Mike currently is in, polygamy/polyandrony is only illegal if marriage is involved. Mike will be entirely honest about what she wants, and who she wants it with, and whichever suitors can't deal with that are free to stop suiting.